Dude zombies lmao

>dude zombies lmao
why the fuck did they add this deus ex machina army in the last movie?

I always hated this. They were built up to be this epic and conflicted force but when they arrived it was... exactly what a ghost army would be like. Just a sweeping tide of cgi.

It was the first stages, proto-hackson
Based Viggo saw it coming but we did nothing

Yeah rotk was pretty bad, the movie was just a bigger but worse version of two towers

Can you censor that shit? Halloween is over. You can't get away posting spooky shit like anymore.

Because they were in the book. Of course they only helped take over the ships but hey, who cares.

As long as he provided his Heavy Spooks License, he should be A-OK.

I honestly would have preferred if they scrapped the ghost army entirely and went with Viggo saving the day by building complicated alliances with old enemies..oh wait.

not enough time to have them defeat the sauron's fleet, and then have a whole another bit where aragorn and co rally reinforcements to save gondor

They were part of the books retard.

In the books they only scare people away, in the movie they can actually harm human beings.

Kek, what a shitty adaptation.

Yet they can split The Hobbit into three fucking movies. Suck my dick they had time.

Why didn't the elves and dwarfs help?

>three movies
I can't believe I saw all of them. What am I doing with my life?

>implying the dwarves didn't help when they sent Gimli, son of Gloin.
Nigga please

I mean why did they not send an army to help?

They have as much cause to fear Mordor as the rest of Middle-earth. Also the massacre of Moria must be avenged.

yeah those 9 hours are really going to make the difference

That's because based Imrahil wasn't in the movies.

How come he promised to free them after the one battle, why not order them to attack Mordor first?

Places like Lothlorien and Rivendell don't have "armies". They are the last remnants of an extinct, noldorian civilization. The reinforcements sent by Lothlorien to Helm's Deep weren't in the books. Lothlorien basically has a bunch of woodrangers guarding the forest borders, that's it, and Rivendell is like ~100 elves.

Now, Thranduil and the forces of Mirkwood were busy with the Easterling assault in the North, along with King Brand and Dain Ironfoot, the last dwarven king. They had no forces to spare to defend Gondor.

It seems the dwarves didn't have their logistics figured out and we're already engaged in battle near their home land.

>Now, Thranduil and the forces of Mirkwood were busy with the Easterling assault in the North, along with King Brand and Dain Ironfoot, the last dwarven king. They had no forces to spare to defend Gondor.

I see, this was not mentioned in the movies IIRC?

More than you'll ever know.

yes

the movie basically pretended that the only battles that happened is the ones we saw

in reality, battles and sieges were all over the region

No, the movies are very limited, lore-wise, because otherwise it would introduce too many characters that the viewers never get to see, or that seems pushed in the story.

The movies give this idea that the world is big and all, and it is, but if you read stuff like the Silmarillion and then read the LOTR books, you realize how damaged and dark-ageish Middle-Earth is during the War of the Rings, compared to what it used to be in past ages. Elves are mostly gone, and the realms of men are just watching time pass.

And then hobbits, who live happily without realizing how empty and dead the world around them really is.

>we are losing the battle
>oh shit here come reinforcements
>the day is saved
Every big battle in lotr

There is one scene where Gimli tells Legolas about how he wished a dwarven army fought by their side, or something like that, and Legolas replies something like "I'm affraid war is already at their doors", but I think it's extended edition only, don't even remember which movie.

>deus ex machina
>literally referenced near the beginning of said film.
I dont think you know how deus ex machina works, son.

In the books they're used to free slaves that arrive on ships and then fight in the fields. I heard they had to cut that for whatever reason, plus it happens "offscreen" so you'd have to explain it to the viewers somehow.

The execution could have been better but I understand the change.

LOL xD skeletons are 2spoopy!!! yas bro, epic as FUARK yo desu fampai.

>Can't even tell ghosts from zombies
Here, have a pity (You).
That being said, their usage in the film is one of the worst changes made by Jackson in the trilogy.

>They are the last remnants of an extinct, noldorian civilization.
Last remnants of a warrior culture that were killing Balrogs in hand to hand combat
At least they could be arsed to throw a one or two Elf-Warriors to accompany the Fellowship instead of the hippie faggot archer Wood-Elf

>Stern now was Éomer's mood, and his mind clear again. He let blow the horns to rally all men to his banner that could come thither; for he thought to make a great shield-wall at the last, and stand, and fight there on foot till all fell, and do deeds of song on the fields of Pelennor, though no man should be left in the West to remember the last King of the Mark. So he rode to a green hillock and there set his banner, and the White Horse ran rippling in the wind.

>Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
>I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
>To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
>Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!

>These staves he spoke, yet he laughed as he said them. For once more lust of battle was on him; and he was still unscathed, and he was young, and he was king: the lord of a fell people. And lo! even as he laughed at despair he looked out again on the black ships, and he lifted up his sword to defy them.

>And then wonder took him, and a great joy; and he cast his sword up in the sunlight and sang as he caught it. And all eyes followed his gaze, and behold! upon the foremost ship a great standard broke, and the wind displayed it as she turned towards the Harlond. There flowered a White Tree, and that was for Gondor; but Seven Stars were about it, and a high crown above it, the signs of Elendil that no lord had borne for years beyond count. And the stars flamed in the sunlight, for they were wrought of gems by Arwen daughter of Elrond; and the crown was bright in the morning, for it was wrought of mithril and gold.

>Thus came Aragorn son of Arathorn, Elessar, Isildur's heir, out of the Paths of the Dead, borne upon a wind from the Sea to the kingdom of Gondor; and the mirth of the Rohirrim was a torrent of laughter and a flashing of swords, and the joy and wonder of the City was a music of trumpets and a ringing of bells.

the entire series is a sterile point A to point B shitfest. there are no themes in this that a thirteen year old wouldnt understand

There's a part on the book where Frodo sees a huge ass battle on the lonely mountain.