Can suicide be honourable?

There seems to be a general sentiment amongst the right that suicide is degenerate and cowardly, but if you're disabled or a general burden on society, isn't it considerate and brave to kill yourself for the greater good of the tribe collective?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JlULTovh9mo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Suicide sends you to hell.

If I was killing myself in Aokigahara, I'd wear a clown suit just to fuck with people that find my body

So does posting on Sup Forums

Every suicide is righteous

if you're an oriental maybe, but in western society you're expected to face up to your mistakes and set it right

i dunno, why dontcha ask jesus and bruce willis from armageddon if their suicides were honorable?

youtube.com/watch?v=JlULTovh9mo

Suiced is the mans way out. It's the most manly thing you can do. When you kill yourself you're not waiting to die, you have control over your own death. Suiced should be legal. #SuicedboothsNOW

>ww2
>cowardly japs kill themselves rather than fight

Only if you were infected by the zombie virus to save yourself torment and your loved ones. It'd be for the greater good of others so God will forgive you.

That's right, dying because of natural causes is just you getting cucked by your own body.

I always worried about that place. When I visited Japan and I brought up the subject about how easy it would be for a serial killer to just dump his bodies there and make it look like a suicide. I can't really tell if the expression of people where shock I mentioned such a thing, or if lights were clicking in their evil heads

>fuck you grammer

They don't really believe in murder, so it's generally shocking for them

the forest of death is just a cover for a japanese government operation to feed the oni who live in the semi mountainous region

you ever read beowolf? yea same thing but they are not picky about age.you actually think america used nukes for the sake of the japanese people? recon spotted them fucks innawoods and the president was liek nope

Really a shame there aren't more murderers there to catch because the Japanese death row policy is sadistically brilliant

Hopefully they managed to get the big-ass skeleton that makes a fuckload of noise and then pops up out of nowhere to eat your brain

It's kind of hard to know since it's fucking invisible

Do the yakuza kill people or does that just happen in movies?

Eh, I'm tired of living with myself. Any improvement at this point isn't worth it, either. The only thing keeping me from doing it is the thought of hell, but I'm still close to ending it. Hitler killed himself, after all :^)

Not honorable, but understandable. Someone who is in excruciating pain from cancer and is going to die shortly anyway not wanting to wait, it makes sense for them.

Most people can contribute to society in some way, even disabled people. It's better to teach everyone how to contribute and want to lower suicide rates though, people committing suicide means there are serious issues that need to be dealt with. It's easier to demonize them than to face that for some people.

I honestly thing it requires an immense amount of courage to end your own life.

People who are suicidal kill themselves because society doesn't care for them and they no longer care for themselves, so they get tired of living and don't see any hope for change.

You're just hurrying the inevitable

The people who say it's "cowardly" are selfish cunts who don't think you have the right. They don't really care about you, they care about what your death means to them, etc. Ending your own life takes a great deal of courage.

Just happens in movies. Organized crime in Japan is much better than most countries due to race being basically homogeneous in Japan. Japanese criminals don't want to kill fellow Japanese people and innocent people only get hurt as collateral damage. In fact whenever there's an earthquake or tsunami the yakuza are generally the first people giving relief efforts. The only time they are going to kill you is if you're a rival gangster, you owe them large quantities of money, or if you're a multinational corporation not paying your quarterly bribe

Look he's already asking deep questions & looking for condoning his suicide bombing. Starve yourself to death Yuckmed.

of course-san

>WWII
>Country tells you to kill yourself
>Have the balls to actually end your life just because your country told you to

If you care whether or not it's honorable or not then that means you care. If you care about what others think about you dying then that means you are a coward or uncertain whether or not you really even want to do it.

In limited circumstances. I wouldn't fault someone who gets cluster headaches for putting an end to it

What if you're getting tortured daily and they wont let you die, so you bite your tongue off?

>bed ridden slowly dying no hope patients
>trapped under rock in desert, will die anyway
>to save state secrets form being tortured from you that would lead enemy to kill many
>criminal forces you to kill self to save kid
>etc

There are instances where suicide is ok

But you inflict the trauma and grief of your death on those around you. Even if you think no one gives a shit someone has to deal with your dead ass body. That is a selfish thing to do

grammar*

I don't understand how that whole thing about being 'cowardly' came about. I don't think people have a proper idea about how difficult it actually is to pull the trigger, leap from the chair or jump off a cliff.

...holy shit I'm stupid

Hell is a Jewish myth

And according to Catholic teachings, a place entirely devoid of human souls. No single human is in hell.

Of course it does. Your genes have gone through four billion years of evolution with the sole purpose of surviving. Willingness and courage to commit a suicide is not a very likely trait to propagate through generations.

It's still a fucking dick thing to pull off. My best friend did himself, but at least he didn't cut his wrists in a bath or OD on sleeping pills while watching a romantic comedy. He cut his own throat in the backyard of his home and bled out there. I doubt I'd have the guts to pull that off even if I wanted to die.

At any rate, suicide is a really dickish thing to do. You're going to leave a whole lot of friends and family behind, even the lonely ones who think their suicide wouldn't matter to anyone would be surprised at the amount of people caring.

christianity happened... they turned it from an honourable thing into a sin

Then what is the point of Christians scaremongering about Hell if no Human souls are in it?

This.

Of course that suicide can be "honorable". What about samurais?

The samurai honor, samurai moral and samurai courage is what we all should strive for.

Remember, the Jew fears the Samurai.

Who else here has attempted suicide?

Possibly. I'm not going to generalise all suicides in history, regardless of the specific circumstances, as 'dickish', though. I was more making a point about the theme of suicide being labelled as a cowardly action, whereas it obviously takes a set of ginormous cast-iron balls to go through with it.

Ending your own life and existence, working against the very instinct that evolution embedded so deep within us since the dawn of life itself .. far from easy.

I don't even..

What?

People who commit suicide are weak, feeble, callous and selfish

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a degenerate

Idk about all that, but I feel like suicide on the battlefield to avoid capture can be considered honorable. I feel as though people should fight on through their struggles in life, but if they commit suicide, I usually don't judge.

>Christians scaremongering about Hell
I think you'll find that most scaremongering is probably coming from American Christians, the Westboro Baptist gang and the like. At least in local communities (and I've lived in 3 countries so far), I've never noticed the shit you'll see on US TV shouted out by Televangelists.

The Catholic idea of hell is obviously the same, however at the and of the day you will always be given the choice to repent and accept God into your heart, and the assumption based on the teachings of Jesus is that the Grace of God is unlike anything you've known in your mortal life - and that you ultimately will accept God and be granted eternal life in the kingdom of heaven, whether you're Hitler, Stalin or Norman Borlaug.

But the way you do it makes you more of a badass

Can suicide be honorable?
Yes.

Is suicide productive?
No.

Is suicide selfish?
Yes.

Western society has decayed too much to recognize honor in suicide, as many people no longer possess a sense of honor, dignity, or duty.

And it isn't dickish to expect someone to continue suffering just because he'd be missed?

By the way, if you think someone is considering suicide, calling the act dickish or cowardly is really not helping to prevent it. It is just going to make them feel more guilty and just add to their mental anguish.

They certainly are not weak or feeble, quite few have the willpower to kill themselves. And they are no more callous or selfish for killing themselves than you are for expecting them to suffer living with you.

No, too weak to handle life, too selfish and callous to comprehend their own worth. Honestly sickening, I have no sympathy for the plight of the poor suicidals, I'd spray paint their grave stones with brown poop imagery with flies buzzing around

Suicide is the easy way out of your responsibilities as a human, what other animal commits suicide? Mentally sick individuals with no grasp of consequences or understanding of reality, a shameful and embarrassing act of quitting is all that it is

>Can suicide be honourable?
Only if the concept of honor itself holds value in society. These days honor is out of fashion, displaced by profit, efficency, fashion, whatever, so naturally suicide cannot be considered honourable nowadays.

I think so, especially in our time with 7 billions people.

you sure "signaled" your "virtue" and "moral responsibility" and "determination" to me my friend