I not liking classic rock a meme on /mu because it used to be my bread and butter but now I cringe whenever I listen to...

I not liking classic rock a meme on /mu because it used to be my bread and butter but now I cringe whenever I listen to it or even think about when I was crazy about these bands. Does anyone else feel the same way? Also general bands you used to like but now you dont thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=koEIfaZAvkw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Does anyone else feel the same way?
No. Good music is good music. Listen to what you like and stop thinking about how you are perceived. The only thing cringy is thinking there is or is not entry-level anything or you should listen to what a group of people tell you to listen to

Which bands in particular do you not like and why?

pretend all you want, you're only repressing the truth about your perception of music. there's no reason to assume any particular pattern of sounds should be more objectively pleasing or aesthetically valuable, and there's no reason to assume your subjective assessments could possibly divorce themselves from the social process of identification with (and reflection of) the ideology and ethos of the music you listen to.

Why not?
>objectively pleasing
Except what is pleasing is subjective. Nice try.

>beatles
>led zeppelin
>Pink Floyd
> Rolling Stones
Mostly the bands in the pic. I feel like I played them way too much when I was 14-17 (22 now) so they all just seem annoying to me.
I was one of those people that though hip-hop was garbage and modern music altogether was awful but now all i listen to is modern underground music of all types. So I guess I just grew out of a phase.

jesus christ she was fine

yeah moron I addressed that in my post. you can't divorce whatever criteria you have for "subjective pleasure" (whatever that even means - is it what you play a lot? is it what you put in your top 10 chart? is it whatever lights your brain up the most on an EEG when you listen to it?) from your material history, which in turn is bound up in the entire process of human history. this is humanities 101, and ignoring it just fucks you eventually.

all time goat waifu even if she's now old and bechilded

One of these days you fags are going to realise that the Beatles are immortal, whatever some fucking internet meme says, just play it again and go with it, stop judging yourselves.

>I can't separate myself from a hivemind
>therefor no one else can
Stop

>is it what you play a lot?
I play what I like a lot.
>is it what you put in your top 10 chart?
My favorites dictate what's on the chart, not the other way around.
>is it whatever lights your brain up the most on an EEG when you listen to it
That might happen if given the opportunity

Are you just a waifufag? not sure I trust your opinion on music.

>(22 now)
Now wonder you think this. Once you grow up, you'll come back to those bands once you get out of your "find my own unique taste XD" phase

/thread

Look at this pseudo intellectual college drop out faggot shit

>hivemind
you're retarded, stop strawmanning. i'm not saying you can't develop your tastes - i listen to a lot of drone, for instance. i'm simply saying there is no position of purity, no escape from the "hivemind". you can develop yourself in relation to it, you can reject the common tastes of the environment that produced you, but if you think you've evacuated those concerns from your mind entirely and that you listen to whatever pleases your transcendental soul or something, you've just pushed all that shit into your subconscious where it actually makes your tastes even more inauthentic and contrived because you can't even contend with the forces that determine you when they're so effectively repressed.
>just a waifufag
no i'm not usually into waifu shit. I think she's beautiful but not out of this world until she plays the harp and sings, her waifuhood is a secondary phenomenon caused by her musicianship

even if that was true, it's better than being an uncritical retard. go listen to hip hop you insufferable whore

>her waifuhood is a secondary phenomenon caused by her musicianship
this
She breaks down by the end here, the whole thing is actual witch tier.
youtube.com/watch?v=koEIfaZAvkw

I know the feeling. The Beatles are the only "classic rock" band I still listen to a lot, but they transcend that genre label anyway. Tomorrow Never Knows for example is timeless whereas a lot of Stones and Zep songs sound of their time.

A lot of Floyd is pretty timeless too.

At least 7 of those bands are great or have released great material

Unfortunately when you put them all in an image together like that it becomes concentrated cringe

This

>Poison
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I used to listen exclusively to bass music when i was younger (deep house, dnb, jungle, reggae, dancehall, dubstep), but eventually outgrew it, as most modern music is boring & unexciting.

i rarely find myself listening to anything post-70's these days, except for metal