Be me

>Be me
>raised in a coal town
>watch as the coal industry is taxed more.
>more restriction on laws
>watch as people lose their jobs
>watch half of my old home town turn into a ghost town
>unemployment sky rockets.
>secluded town so no other industry wants to set up here
>sees videos posted that Trump said he wants to end the war on coal.
>didntvoteforhimbutstillmakesmehappy.jpg
>get on Facebook
>libtards posting: THERE IS NO WAR ON COAL!
>cry

Other urls found in this thread:

oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Saudi-Arabia-To-Spend-50-Billion-On-Massive-Solar-Push.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>it´s almost like libtards thinks money and work grows on trees ready for picking
IMAGINE MY SHOCK

It's kinda depressing to slowly watch us fall apart.

Let me guess... you are also "Christian".

Ew.

it's almost like the future of everyone is more important than the present of a few people.

your shithole town is a relic and the only people who benefit are the very wealthy who own what's underneath it.

There is no war on coal. Its a dying industry because cleaner and better technology has overtaken it. Coal is going the way of the horse and buggy. Get fucking over it.

Fuck your coal you scumbag
All miners should die because they’re men
Why can’t you make or use something that doesn’t ruin mother fucking nature.
I bet you don’t even smoke weed
I feel sorry for you because your not educated
I read once you can feed carrots to cars to make them drive in the dark
So explain why you need coal you fucking white male caveman??
Oh because you want to feel manly you can’t just suck it up and get a job as a gay florist

Attempting to reduce our pollution, only attempts though

>Implying coal isnt used for a number of different things we still need today and the alternatives haven't been found yet.

Ok then.

Found the eastcoast libtard.

>trying this hard

If not then you know probably how evolution works. Adapt bitch.

Maybe if the miners tried that hard your town wouldn’t be dying :^)

So many assumptions, woah there.

the funny thing is that mining jobs have gone down since Trump took office.

[Citation needed]

I don't support Trump but it makes me happy that he would want to end it. It's the denial that it ISN'T happening that is the part that makes upset. He's actually boosted jobs by over 1,200 but that's not sustainable.

True

>they need to try harder!
>restrictions were put in place cause of the expansions from the work they put so they decided it would make a good target for their political platforms.

c'mon, try harder.

>implying any president has any real affect on jobs

Protip: jobs statistics are entirely arbitrary, made up on the spot by pollsters.
"not currently employed but still actively applying for jobs" can count as employed or unemployed depending on whether an individual pollster wants to make the president look good or bad, there is zero oversight.

>c’mon try harder
Said the children of the miners

trust me I understand, the point was that people don't think it's happening.

Didn't think the joke could of got worse but here you are.

Kek I’m sorry I couldn’t help it

Fair

I feel bad for you but not that bad. Coal is a terrible career and you're better off not having to do it.

Move somewhere else.

>>Be me
>>Raised in an 8-Track tape manufacturing town...

You’re like that Billy Joel song

You in West Virginia?

I know its hard man, but you should just move towns. find some where to establish yourself and have a better life. Convince your family to do the same. The coal industry will fall and to no other reason then the sheer fact that its a dying resource. Just make the move. You deserve better than a ghost town.

Protestants are heretics and the breeding ground of degeneracy. Roman Catholics ftw

Are you me?
The town I live in thrives of trains hauling coal.
Mfw a year before election train yard closes.
Now everything is closing because majority of family's left.

But rest assured there is no war on coal

implying natural gases found by fracking isnt quickly replacing all that shit...
>implying coal miners contribute anything to society and deserve better

Is that why during the race Trump said employment polls are fake and that real unemployment is "30% maybe 40%" but suddenly he becomes president and all the polls are now his success story.

idk why people believe polls still, literally havenever met anyone thats ever taken a poll and yet they have a new poll ever other day

How about starting a business yourself? Or just moving somewhere else.

I am sick of these lazy fucking small town retards whose only ambition in life is to leave school as soon as possible, get a blue collar job with the only employer in town, and stay there doing the same menial work for the next 40 years. If that employer goes under their entire lives just collapse, because they're too lazy to get a proper education that would let them do other things, and too lazy to move to another town. They just sit there and whine about how all the jobs are gone, rather than getting off their asses and maybe actually creating jobs for a change. The worst part is that they're the ones who go on and on about work ethic, while shitting on people who live in places like New York and San Francisco where you have to have a masters degree just to be able to afford a one bedroom apartment. (the other irony is that they're all super-patriotic when they're a complete embarrassment to their country)

Fuck coal, and fuck coal workers. Your industry is dying because it's an outdated technology, not because the liberals are conspiring against you. And it's nobody's problem but yours.

Please tell this isn't true

Asking a cave dweller to get out and do something with his life
>kek

Such as?

What makes you think he actually wanted to end it? And can you name one good reason why we shouldn't stop using coal?

i'm assuming you're from west virginia
coal is more expensive and dirtier than wind or solar power. let's now address your faulty VCR problem.

that's the thing that gets me. It's not just the cave dwellers. There's whole towns full of guys who pretend that they're /real/ men because they work manual labour down the mines, their hobbies are football and hunting, and they drive a pickup and have a family. All the trappings of what 'adulthood' was supposed to be in traditional America - yet when faced with the prospect of having to apply for a short community college course to retrain their skills, they break down in tears like a little girl. All these tough, Trump-voting, small-town white guys are just big fish in a tiny pond, and when the wider world inevitably starts encroaching on their little playground they completely go to pieces. Alcoholism, opiate addiction, depression - all these loudmouths who go on about the American values of self-reliance and work ethic have no resilience to change whatsoever.

>labour down the mines,

so a cave dweller?

I thought you meant cave dweller in the traditional Sup Forumstard sense.

Either way, pick your traditional industry. It's not just mining, it's all the small town industrial workers.

>traditional Sup Forumstard sense.
Also did yeah

Move from shitty America to non-shitty America.

>implying taxes are the reason the coal industry has scaled down number of people despite receiving ridiculous amounts of money from energy subsidies
Trump is going to make coal mining great again, but that's not the same as bringing back inefficient and redundant jobs.

>inb4 fuck you libtart
I actually think Trump is good for the economy and removing regulations on the industry is a good thing, I just don't believe in poor undereducated people basically being some coal magnate's pet welfare project. You lazy fuckers can either learn a new skill or die out, I don't give a fuck and my tax money sure as hell isn't meant for you.

Plenty of jobs in fracking, I know guys that are basically illiterate that make 60K, which goes far out here

Yes OP, we should absolutely dump money into a dying industry because no one in your shit town can adapt. Trump can't reverse the flow of time.

It's 2018, not 1918. Teach yourself how to code or something and gtfo.

Trump really hasn't dumped any more money on to it, he's just removed a bunch of regulations (environmental mostly, but also some regarding safety).

Coal has always been a bullshit industry that poor souls have to work in because there's nothing else.

Taxes might pay for decent education so you can get decent jobs instead of killing yourselves for coal barons.

And given climate change driven by fossil fuel over-use, I don't give a fuck about the coal industry.

It's amazing that Trump can be a well known retard and bullshit artist for decades and people like OP can still believe what he says.

It's not even just that he cant deliver on his promises, it's also that he's incapable of even knowing how to get from point A to point B. I know having an orange sugar daddy in office telling you all the things you want to hear gives you hope that your shit life will get better if you fellate him on command, but it doesn't mean shit if he can't deliver.

Exactly. Even the Arabs, the kings of oil, know what the fuck is up. Some Americans are more ignorant, naive and simpleminded than uneducated unwashed filthy sand people living in mud huts like it's 1400 AD.
>coal is the future=severe retardation

oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Saudi-Arabia-To-Spend-50-Billion-On-Massive-Solar-Push.html

>uneducated unwashed filthy sand people living in mud huts
>Saudi Arabia

I was raised in town that used to manufacture rotary telephones. When will Trump bring those jobs back?

Coal is too expensive to mine and more and more of the jobs are being automated to reduce the cost.

you're a retard. there isn't a "war" on coal. coal is shit. its not sustainable. sorry you grew up in a town of retards who never aspired to do anything other than haul coal and ruin their health. it's the modern day. we have the ability to use renewable resources but thanks to morons like you we have to fight at every turn to make it happen.

thank you. it's not that there is a war on coal, coal is outdated and hard labor is useless in todays age. get a fucking education and become a doctor or something useful.

because that's a good thing. ffs i hate stupid assholes who don't understand that regulation is to protect you and the world. ugh. fucking idiots. can't expect a coal miner to understand how to reason. stupid fucks.

so glad retards are making big money while ruining our land. fucking fantastic.

>regulations are a good thing
Regulations are sometimes necessary, but the ideal situation is when markets regulate themselves. If you love regulations so much, why don't you move to some communist dictatorship like China?

>sees videos posted that Trump said he wants to end the war on coal.
Assuming that the coal corporations aren't just going to pocket the money and hide it in some offshore tax haven.

More people work at arbys than in the entire failing coal industry. I aint paying more so you can keep your preferred place of work you lazy entitled black lung having piece of shit

Because you touch yourself at night.

Markets will never naturally regulate what they can externalize. The point of regulation is to impose a cost on otherwise externalized costs, trusting the efficiency and cleverness of market players to compete under the onus of the regulation. Regulations must have teeth, because cheaters will have a natural advantage over compliant companies, and the penalties for non-compliance must be sufficient to deter accepting penalties as a cost of gaining the cheater's advantage. Penalties less than can be gained from cheating will do less to reduce externalization.
Regulation is about fair play, not centralized control.

bless.

What this fine gentleman said.

Shoulda went to college, Johnny.

>>sees videos posted that Trump said he wants to end the war on coal.
Giving subsidies to failing industries worked really badly for the UK in the '70s. Why would an idiot like Trump think it is going to work for you?

disgusting... both groups
>sex in the missionary position for the sole purpose of procreation
nah no thanks

this

boo hoo a bullshit industry is going away maybe its like this happens with R&D in all market situations? Nah its libturds ruining my life!

Name of town?

Same fag