What are the best antidepressants?

What are the best antidepressants?
Going to ask my GP for some.

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/03/080303164507.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck those pills.

I have MDD
Skip antidepressants(SSRI/SSNI) and get on lithium. its a natural occurring mineral/salt.
I wasted 15 years playing around with ssri's/ssni's and antipsychotics and then i was put on lithium and my depression went away completely.

how about maoi?

Too many side effects/risks/interactions

Paint just one wall white and write "Carpe Diem" on it.

natural doesn't automatically mean better or healthier. lithium will fuck you up if you take too much or for too long

wtf?

Herb

A yearly blood check is all you need.
I've been on lithium for 6 years. I've had the same dose for 5 years.

>better or healthier
Look up serotonin syndrome.
Look up brain zaps
You have none of that with lithium.

All you have to do is not drown your food in salt, and make sure you stay hydrated so the serum levels are stable.But.Thats.It.

stay away from SSRI's

why?
Zoloft literally changed my life, what the fuck is wrong with you guys.

Look up serotonin syndrome.
Look up brain zaps
Complete destruction of libido
Retrograde ejaculation
Delayed ejaculation
Inability to maintain an erection

Zoloft fucked me up for a while. My dick stopped working

I mean yeah if you wanna kick the bucket after eating a grapefruit. Oh and carry a special card so that paramedics/doctors know to change their adrenaline doses so they don't actually kill you.

Personally I'm on Venlafaxine. It's been great so far. It works quite well with my Vyvanse.

Yeah the dick thing sucks but I'd rather my dick not work as well than being constantly afraid of everything everywhere, as you do.

cannabis

And when that part is fixed and you're somewhat confident and you go to a bar and pick up a girl and when you get home your dick just dosent work at all,and she gets mad at you "Am i not good enough for you?" so she storms out and tells her friends about you and now you have to drive an hour away to a bar and then the same thing happens again?. What are you going to do with that depression and anxiety when your dick dosent work at all and you cant get ladies?

Been there, done that. Multiple times on various SSRI's.
THEY
ARE
NOT
WORTH
IT

OP don't take any sort of anti depressant. I've been on Venlafaxine for about 5 years. I'm dependent on it and I hate it. Its not worth the side effects. My dick doesn't work the way it use to and that's just the beginning of it.
Trust me OP. The doctor's will shove pills down your throat and make your life worse

i mean if you wanna last longer in bed it's a positive thing. sex lasts so much longer since i've been on venlafaxine.

Been on Zoloft for a few years, I still masturbate 3 times a day like I used to, never had a brain zap, never had serotonin syndrome, never had retrograde ejaculation, I cum in five minutes or less, longer if I edge, and I can stay hard for an hour if I really want to.

It completely fixed my depression, all my panic attacks stopped, I started exercising about a year into it and eating better, got a job, got a girlfriend, moved out of my parents house, and I'm now tapering off.

Fag

this, hasn't affected my libido much at all.

You need to taper and wean and then change meds then. Not all antidepressants work for everyone.

>and I'm now tapering off.
You didnt have actual clinical depression.
If you have clinical depression, you're on meds for your life, as its genetic. You were just sad and had a overbearing doc wanting to throw out an expensive script so they get insurance claims

diving into life andn ot being a bitch is literally the only effective anti. that doesnt mean go out and be the sickest cunt u possibly can be, but if you want something go get it. life moves faster you got less time to think

I'm on day... 12 of mine. Taking escitalopram (Lexapro) and it's been great. Obviously hasn't kicked in fully yet but my side effects are very minimal, nausea if I go long periods without eating and I had muscle fatigue for about a week and one night of no sleep but that's it. I feel more light, I don't get caught in the same spirals, my anxiety has dropped significantly.

Also only costs $26/month.

Lmaoooo, this.

Zoloft didn't affect my libido, but it took me forever to cum. Didn't make the wife too happy. Chicks get upset when they think they don't turn you on any more.

How do you even bring this up with your doctor, I don't wanna be sent to a therapist. I'm just going through a hard time the last three or five years and would like to try what I feel like on some kind of medication. I'm also afraid of coming off as a pill addict, but I've never been prescribed any kind of meds for anything in my life so far (except antibiotics)

Honestly, if getting laid was the most important thing in the world to me, I'd feel what you are saying. But it isn't.

>You didnt have actual clinical depression.

You are the stupidest man on earth. It was preposterously debilitating and it lasted for years until I got on Zoloft. Thanks for your fiction though, remember that your notion only exists in your head and is completely foreign from reality based on an angry attempt at being correct and failing.

Check your insurance, some dont require a refferal to see a psy.
If you do need a refferal
Tell your doc you're depressed and want to see a psychiatrist.Tell him why you think you're depressed. Either he will prescribe meds him self, the generic starters, or send you to a psychiatrist. You may have to go to a psychologist first, some docs are like that though.

Stopped taking these cunts because I was sad and my penis wasn't working. Two weeks off them and I'm still sad and my penis still doesn't work. Fucking crock.

Sell them (to me).

Prozac made it impossible to cum, destroyed my sex drive, even pissing was a huge dilemma. Zoloft had none of those effects.

If humanity was truly as weak as you are, we would have all died before they made SSRIs. Guess, what? they just figured out depression isn't a chemical imbalance, can't find any imbalance in any depressed people over a 20 year study. your fucking magic feather is all it was, dumbo.

They're fucking worthless. Got ten left. 1000 bucks a capsule.

This. I went straight to a psychiatrist with no referral and never did any therapy. Meetings with the shrink were like 10 minutes long and we just tried different meds and went over how effective they were and the side effects.

Thanks for your opinion, my life is now forever improved and you can never, ever do anything about it. Sorry.

Yeah, I took one that made it difficult to piss. Can't even remember which one now. I tried so many.

>for 3 years
Bruh, i've been dealing with this shit for over 20 years.I've been on experimental drugs,i've been on ketamine infusions multiple times in my life. Your tiny little 3 years and on zoloft ,means nothing. You were sad boo hoo and your doc put you on an SSRI, a baby step ssri, bet you werent even on 1 mg daily.

Real depression is for life, you dont taper off, because youll end up right back where you started before you took the medication.

Fucking retard

I'm on Zopiclone. Been on Citalopram, Fluoxetine, and a few others I can't remember. But the Zombieclone is one of the better ones I've been on. Should also mention UK here and have been medicated for about 15 years.

look it up, dumbshit. next ten years are going to see a major change in psych meds with the imbalance hypothesis shattered. I'm glad your magic feather worked for you, and as long as you don't keep doing the psych meds you'll probably be fine.

>20 years
So this shit doesn't end, hey?

>10 left
Just take them, user.

Is this a pissing contest? It helped me like a micacle and you're forever a cripple. Not something to brag about. Stop embarrassing yourself.

>I'm glad your magic feather worked for you,

I am too, now go fuck your mother.

If you're suggesting they'd kill me, they wouldn't.

Are you a doctor? No? Then shut the fuck up you dumb nigger. What works for one person may not work for another. If you weren't mentally retarded you would know this.

i'm trying therapy at the moment, smoking weed makes me feel better and doesn't make my dick stop working

you are a dumbshit. there is no real depression, no chemical imbalance in your brain. they've proved that now. you are a sad sack because you have a drive in you to conquer. destroy, and win. take women, kill rivals. but you do none of it, and your brain knows life is worthless if the strong are not outcompeting the weak, and can tell you must be broken, and self-destructs

what the fuck do you know about depression, conan

This is just getting retarded. I think you need to seek help.

I'm gonna need to see those cites...

Yeah uh, lithium is currently only approved for bipolar. so uh, probably won't work in maj. depression without the mania.

excuse me

He doesn't know anything. He is retarded and trolling.

Thanks anons. I just don't wanna be in therapy forever paying out the copay.

finished grad school, am neurologist. psychology is about to get destroyed by current research now that we are good at getting past the blood brain barrier. all the horseshit theories they have been prescribing ssris based from are now shown to be shit.

Link to one study in a well known journal.

itt: asshats that do not rely on the doc's recommendation
oh wait, you're in a world where the patient or the manufacturer tells the doc what is "good", meaning what is where he earns the most from instead of what helps the patient most.
also, retards asking on b for medical help. none but trolls.
jesus, i want my old b back

Not a single person in this thread claimed it to be a chemical imbalance. Read the thread before having an aspergers attack in your safe space.

used to be prescribed for everything, now just bipolar, soon nothing. lithium fucks your brain.

Lol "your old Sup Forums". Like you ever knew the password for the super secret circle jerk club.

Implying this shit hole was ever any good.

Fuck you.

You never experienced old Sup Forums and no, 2012 is not old Sup Forums.

>Sup Forums was never good meme
kek
>password
kekkek
>super secret circle jerk club
ayyy lmao

go lick your lithium

good journals with recent stuff only available from research library, but there's already articles about the research, look it up
sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/03/080303164507.htm

Lol, you sad fucks trying to play hard while taking drugs cause life gets you down.

>implying you know how long i am around

.45 ACP. Apply once to the forehead and all your problems will go away.

Life is the longest thing any of us ever does

You're stupid

so what should i ask for?

psych meds will fuck your brain. look into it. shrinks will steal your paycheck and make you feel listened too, but you could get a hooker for the same price and fuck her also

Claiming the existence of an "old Sup Forums" is proof enough, you fucking tryhard.

One of the worst rebutalls I've ever read, and it took you ten minutes to come up with.

a spine

go take some more mood stabilizers, worthless bitch

Sup Forums used to be slightly less shitty.

See:

Xanax faggot but if you ask you wont get it.
you have to lead the doc down the path.

I will, thanks for reminding me.

when it wasn't full of faggots crying about their hard life that needs medication?

Lol someone mad

I ask for benzos and get them

Although I think my doctor is retarded

A good trick for Xanax is to chug a 12 ounce Red Bull ten minutes before your appointment. You'll look like you're having a panic attack.

while you waste you paycheck and ruin your brain, remember you could just man up.

my doc already prescribes me alprazolam, they don't help with drpression and suicidal thoughts.

Probably. An increasingly sedentary lifestyle plus men becoming manchildren is likely a large part of it.

Plus with social media nobody wants to make OC or they're afraid their Facebook will be hacked and they'll be exposed or some retarded shit.

how do you talk to a doctor about wanting to die?

Got a few weeks' supply of codeine after getting my wisdom teeth out and I was the happiest I've ever been. I played Dragon's Dogma and every mission felt like one I was personally a part of and I felt giddy at every turn of the adventure.

Why is it illegal for me to try and get more? Give me 5-6 months worth of that shit and I'll probably die in my chair playing video games and stop being a burden on taxpayers.

>while you waste you paycheck

I guess you don't know what insurance is. Understandable considering your posts thus far.

>remember you could just man up.

I remember being 17 and telling people this.

because we don't want to support your lazy shit ass for even 5 more months. make something of yourself or go kill yourself.

took that shit, the headaches were unbearable.

If you die you can't pay taxes to the gubment

oh they helped my wife she take them daily.

I'm drunk should I take a valium

Yes I forgot to tell OP to say he was

enjoy your kidney failure

That's crazy here in my state you cant ask you have to lead

Oh, you think you don't pay for insurance? those meds are fucking you up. Chemical imbalance theory debunked, what are you going to claim when they stop prescribing ssris?

Kek, I got mepergan after my wisdom teeth were pulled. It's the pill version of demerol. All was right in the universe while I was on that shit. I would gladly take that for the rest of my life.

>natural occurring mineral/salt.
lmao

lexapro (escitilopram) is pretty nice. as an SSRI, it is one of the most SELECTIVE, which means it only hits the receptors it has to.

fewer side effects, much more mild.