Is it true that in Europe, ambulance rides are not covered by healthcare?

Is it true that in Europe, ambulance rides are not covered by healthcare?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ur-CekJor-U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

All countries have their own system. Europe isn't a country

Your picture is from Denmark, and here, it's paid via taxation for everyone to enjoy.

Had to use once and cost me less than a taxi

Ours is all covered by the NHS.

They are covered here in Sweden. Doesn't cost a penny. Not even helicopter rides. Been there, done that.

Yes, all ambulances have a card reader. Fortunately you can pay with contactless whilst you're bleeding out

Only if you are the cause of whatever injury you managed to get.

If you OD you might end up having to pay.

I think most of our air ambulances are charities, some covered by the NHS.

I like the show Countryside 999 about the air ambulance.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ur-CekJor-U

>Doesn't cost a penny

Oh it costs a penny.

True they are free (tax payed).
All emergency services are free in Sweden.
>pic related, I work on one
Yes mr burger I know we pay taxes to cover it. But considering the option? It's free. You could be a NEET and never pay taxes also.

Cool boat. How fast does it go?

We also have some sea ambulances. They are brilliant 2bh.

Fuck damn I thought the taxes were high here

>. How fast does it go
We have pushed it to 30 knots without struggle.
It's a catamaran hull ferry made by Northern Offshore Services. They manufacture great sea going vessels.

Hey guys oldest lifeboat service in the world coming through.

And that is what taxes are for

57%? Wut? Double wut?
I pay 31% and so does everybody I know.
That must include tax on purchases and shit as well. Otherwise it's total bullshit.

How much do you earn? For example I earned last month 37 000€ and just 23% tax rate

Last year*

I earn 39 000 SEK per month. I take out 28 787 after taxes. Also get back on that once year in tax returns.

Actually not even 31% in taxes, I pay 26,9% in taxes. Would you look at that.

Yeah I was wondering wtf :DDD That seemed kinda high tax rate

Very impressive. How many are there in Sweden?

Do you always have an ambulance car or only when needed?

a friend of mine had to be brought back france france to switzerland by helicopter after a bike accident and it was free

>How many are there in Sweden?
This is the only one right now, it was specially made for this area where lot's of people live on islands but 7 more ( I think, might be more) will be deployed before 2020.
>always have an ambulance car ?
Pretty much yes.

Come home mongol man.
10% flat tax here.

Every time I got sick and body temperatuee reaches 39°C I call the ambulamce so they give me the pills

Hc costs 5x more in the great USA for worse service

of course it's covered in healthcare insurance
Europe isn't third world like US of A

helicopter ambulance isnt covered, if you dont have private insurance you pay several thousand euros for the lift.

they made it so, because tourists strained the system to i

Frankly, Germans and Czechs who go into the alps with sandals and half a bottle of cola make up most of their patients.

I remember seeing a piece of paper on the ER wall which detailed the prices you have to pay. It showed how much you had to pay for the ambulance per kilometer. That was year ago though and I think they took it down.

it's covered, except if you abuse it.

>not covering the ambulance of your leader

No. Not in France at least

Wrong. Took an ambulance ride once because police picked me off the sidewalk drunk out of my mind with a bloody t-shirt, and of the 700 or so bucks for the ambulance and overnight hospital stay I had to carry exactly 10 which were the quarterly doctor's fee at the time.

>Is it true

no

An abundance rise cost me over $7,000 and I just ignored the bills and nothing happened. They tried for like 4 years though.

>merica

Which you don't pay for if you need one as far as I'm aware, though many people who are saved by an air ambulance will give back to it charity wise.

I wish they'd start charging drunken mongs over there who waste medical crews time.

>land of the """""""""""""""""""free""""""""""""""""""""

It isn't in Australia.
You can have ambulance membership for $100 a year or, if you don't have membership, you can pay $1000 per ride.

I only get taxed like 17% of my paycheck maximum if I'm a lazy fuck filing them

lol, $7000 for a ambulance ride. Thats fucking robbery right there.

>An abundance rise

Sounds kinky.

Low taxes, but you have to pay for everything that's not included.
Which is fine if you're healthy with a good income, but will suck otherwise.

Either by the healthcare or your health insurance.

In Norway you can pay extra for some sort of mermbership to get priority with air ambulance. The kind if people who buy that live in Bumfuck, Nowhere and depend on being airlifted out if they're gonna get to the hospital in a reasonable amount of time though.

Everywhere they are, even in LATAM.

Huh. Here everybody gets the same priority.
Doesn't matter where you live, if a helicopter is needed they will send one.
Took 15 minutes for one to reach me in the mountains outside Abisko when I was snowboarding.

At least you don't have to pay for all those numb nuts who can't care for themselves.

And your roads and public agencies show it.

>if a helicopter is needed they will send one.
they will always send one, but of course the air ambulance is a limited resource and you can get unlucky if there are multiple incidents within a short timeframe.

I also know people that got picked up be helicopter and it was very efficient, and the pilots have a reputation for being awesome

Canadian (or at least Ontario) healthcare doesn't cover ambulances, which can cost up to $45 per trip. It used to, but then the Progressive Conservatives axed it in the late 80's/early 90's.

>that misleading graph
do you really expect anyone to believe it's somehow reliable rofl

Yeah I have a fuckload of money because in case you didn't know if you work a good job you get healthcare through your job so I don't give a fuck.

It's the people who don't work or are a chef at McDonalds that get FUCKED if they break a bone or something.

>but in the later period, the resistance of the wealthy to paying taxes was one of the factors contributing to the collapse of the [Roman] Empire.[47]
Really makes you think.

>air ambulance is a limited resource
Of course but paying to get ahead of the line is not the right way if you ask me.
Here they go by need. If a person with a broken leg and a person having a heart attack both need one they will pick the heart attack. Etc.

>chef at McDonalds
>chef
>at McDonalds

He means the manager, I hope.

Is the manager at McDonalds usually a highly skilled and highly trained cook?

No.
But chef can also mean manager. The guy in charge. Not only for the cook.

>But chef can also mean manager.
You mean chief?

EMT here.
You pay a fine if you call an ambulance, we get there and you wasted our time.
Used to happen a lot, so thankfully they introduced fines.

Otherwise it's taxmoney.

chef in German means boss too.

>You pay a fine if you call an ambulance, we get there and you wasted our time.
What happens if someone fainted and ambulance got called, but it turns out they were ok? Do they still get fined? I feel like discouraging people from calling ambulances would be a recipe for disaster.

In Swedish as well but not English. And the guy who wrote it is from America.

In the Netherlands we have the same system.
If someone fainted, but recovers before the ambulance arrives they still check that person up. It's not seen as a waste, as fainting is not normal.

Americans don't necessarily speak English. And they might use chef for boss/manager.

Fucking rich pigs

>What happens if someone fainted and ambulance got called, but it turns out they were ok?
How exactly would that work?

Fainting is a short term loss of conscioussness. I doubt you'd have enough time to call an ambulance. And loss of conscioussness doesn't happen without a reason.

13% tax
free healthcare
free ambulance
free education
etc.
Why is Russia so good? Better than 1st world

Maybe if they wear an emergency button. My grandmother has one, she could be able to press it while fainting. And if they call her, she won't be able to answer in time for sure.

Why are americans so backward?

Meanwhile you pay more than they pay in healthcare tax in deductables and premiums fatass.

You didn't get my point.
Loss of conscioussness happens for a reason. It's a perfectly valid reason to call an ambulance to person that drops dead on your sight without any obvious cause (eg. being drunk)

I meant with calling the ambulance before they regain conscious.
I know fainting is a valid reason.

I almost burned my apartment building down. Ambulance came and they had to brake my door because i was sleeping and I didn't open my door. I was whole night in the hospital and they did some tests (measuring smoke poisoning). All of this cost me something like 12 euros. (That was ambulance ride if i remember correctly) So yes, ambulance ride cost money, but it is ridiculously cheap still.

The USA government pays more for healthcare than most others countries in the world, yet those others countries have covered healthcare. American healthcare spending is some of the most complicated and inefficient in the world. Just make it simple and nationalize it.

you forgot about the boiling fish sticks?

Okay, fainting is clearly not the focal point and was just a random example, I don't know why you got hung up on it. Maybe someone felt excruciating pain in their belly area, they got worried and called an ambulance, but it was just a killer fart. As a result, they didn't need to get checked. What happens?

>Maybe someone felt excruciating pain in their belly area, they got worried and called an ambulance, but it was just a killer fart.

Again how exactly would that fucking work?
You're really grasping at straws here. You're trying to spot a flaw in a system that has no flaws. You need help, you get help. You don't need help and call an ambulance, you pay.

Pasta :) It was amazing that I didn't have to pay broken door or night in the hospital. My land owner didn't send me bill for some reason. And as i mentioned, ambulance ride was just 12 euro. Oh, and because i didn't have my coat with me they gave me some used one in the hospital before i left (it was winter at that time) That coat was great and cost definitely more than 12 euros. And firemen also gave me free smoke detector. So eventually i was on the plus side. :) Finland is definitely a great country.

Someone thought they needed an ambulance but turns out they didn't, does that mean they get penalized? How fucking hard is what I'm asking to understand? Anything more complicated than cleaning toilets such as a normal question seems to be a fucking challenge for you people apparently. How am I grasping at straws here and how do you not see this can discourage people from calling ambulances when they do actually need them?

People juat don't call the ambulance for a simple pain that is over in mere minutes.

So you can't come up with the simplest fucking example of what you're talking about and decide your best chance at winning this discussion is to insult me? Lmao

People who are in need of emergency medical attention receive emergency medical attention.
EMS ambulance is not a glorified fucking taxi to haul your ass because you got sniffles.
There's something wrong with your body - you go to a fucking doctor. It's not a fucking emergency.

>to get priority with air ambulance
This is incorrect. The air ambulance will be dispatch based on the nature of the medical issue.

You can be a member because it's a foundation/company that operates it on behalf of the government. The funds collected from members are used for research, training etc. as far as I know.

Off course they have to make judgement calls on who needs it the most but you will be prioritized if the other guy isn't in an obviously worse condition

where did you hear that, its covered here

I heard you can use it as a taxi in Moscow.

Absolutely not. Were do you get this from?

I almost called an ambulance once because I felt my chest tightening and I had tingling on my right arm. I thought I was having a cardiac arrest, but it passed, the arm thing was most likely due to CTS and chest thing I don't even know. I panicked and was home alone but decided against it due to, well, making an ass out of myself moreso than fines. That is my point. I was uneducated as to the signs of it and thought it was an emergency, but it wasn't. What's the course of action for the law there?

Also, I don't know why you got your panties in a bunch, I'm not just asking to be asking, I want to hear it from a professional instead of making my own retarded interpretation of it.

Can we just take a moment to appreciate this absolute master pilot?

Finland is definitely great and first world

In the Netherlands it's always covered. The very fact that an ambulance is send means there is a medical necessity for it.

>I felt my chest tightening and I had tingling on my right arm. I thought I was having a cardiac arrest,
You probably had an episode of angina pectoris. Did you go to see a physician afterwards?

You should. If I had a call like this it would be a medical error on my part to not make a 12 lead ECG with a teletransmission to a cardiologist on duty and a failure on the behalf of the dispatcher to not send an ambulance.

>our ambulances are a charity paid by donations
fuckkkkkkk

Mehmet is raising some interesting points though. Would the introduction of a fine lead to people being more hesitant to call the ambulance?

It's a legitimate question.

I've never noticed it.

>Would the introduction of a fine lead to people being more hesitant to call the ambulance?
If you're in an emergency is your monetary status a primary concern?