What is the best non-comedy/parody episode?

What is the best non-comedy/parody episode?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IUt_eYCwLD0
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ice
the second tooms episode
anasazi

rest are shit

F. Emasculata
Drive
Squeeze
Gender Bender
The Pine Bluff Variant
Folie a Deux

Home or Die Hand Die Verletzt.

I really liked some of the mythology episodes, but I can't think of which stand out. Anasazi maybe.

It's weird how little posts X Files threads get here. It's genuinely my favourite TV show.

pine bluff variant

I really don't get the love for Home

I never found it that creepy or interesting

maybe in the 90s before all the serial killer crime dramas where on all the time it was scary

Irresistable handles serial killer humans better and scarier than Home does imo

I don't get the lack of X Files threads, too.

It really grew on me, and Mulder is one of my favorite characters. I really like the dynamic between Scully and Mulder, too bad later seasons drop in terms of quallity and the movies were quite bad.

One of my favorites is Blood.

I found it shocking when I watched it a few years ago. It's not really bloody or anything, but it just feels violent. It's like the scene in Twin Peaks when Leland kills Maddie, except obviously more shocking.

I also thought that shot with following the brothers as they drive to the sheriffs house was pretty neat. Maybe it's not one of the best episodes, but it really is a stand out.

>I don't get the lack of X Files threads, too.
>It really grew on me, and Mulder is one of my favorite characters. I really like the dynamic between Scully and Mulder, too bad later seasons drop in terms of quallity and the movies were quite bad.
Yeah, it's a shame about the quality drop, but I don't think it's as bad as it's made out to be, season 8 in particular. There are still some good episodes in each season.

I never understood the hate for Doggett and Reyes either - they're not as good as Mulder and Scully in the previous seasons, but they were still pretty great leads.

The second movie doesn't feel like the TV show at all, but at least the first movie was directly related to the mythology.

>I never understood the hate for Doggett and Reyes

Because Mulder and Scully WERE the X-files

They really could not be replaced and they should not have tried, they did fine jobs, but it was an impossible task.

It would be like if the Simpsons stopped focusing on the Simpsons but on some other family instead, and Marge showed up for 2 minutes every episode

> There are still some good episodes in each season.
I agree.

>Ice

You know that episode is just a ripoff of John Carpenters THE THING right?

Omage =/= rip off

literally all the best episodes of x-files are in some way a rip off of better things

why did season 10 start so good and then they just had random ass shit tier episodes ?

Why did they leave it on a cliff hanger when its literally impossible to get Gillian and David back , all we wanted was some closure

No idea. What they did with the mythology is ridiculous, I hope they are being misleading with it, and the truth will actually come out.

I also don't get why people hated this scene. Crap episode, but this scene was fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=IUt_eYCwLD0

It was probably because of how much they hyped up

LONE GUNMEN RETURN

All the ads and articles about it where pushing them being back really hard , and they had a literally 2 second cameo

It was a bait and switch

Killing the Lone Gunmen was such a huge mistake , they are as much a part of X-files as Cancer man and based Skinner

I didn't realise it was being hyped up, it was a surprise to me when they actually showed up. I know they're alive in the comics, but I didn't know if that would carry over to the show or not.

I agree, but then were they expecting the show to continue? It does come right at the end.

I really liked Closure but everyone else seems to think it's dogshit.

Pusher or clyde bruckman's final repose

I don't think the episode is necessarilly bad, but the resolve of Samanth'as story just doesn't make sense. Mulder is told numerous times throughout the series that she was taken by aliens, by people who have no reason to lie, and we even see clones of her. It is just a massive plot hole, and I presume the writers just didn't care because they were pushed for time.

If Mulder had spent the entire series believing she was kidnapped by aliens, and you find out she really was just murdered by a paedophile, it would've been fantastic imo - but having her in the mythology just doesn't make sense with how it ended.

>the second tooms episode

the first is better

Because it was a giant FUCK YOU to anyone who was interested in the Samantha plot

This pretty much, it makes no sense whatsoever with all the shit with her being raised by CSM or cloned, or being a bee controlling girl whatever the fuck was going on, it made no sense after a few samantha episodes but at least we knew she was alive and was involved with the Cabal

not she fucking died in the woods and became a space ghost

I'm bumpin'

Did. Nothing. Wrong.

Musings of A Cigarette Smoking Man

What HAS he actually done, at this point the mythology is so fucked I cant even say if he did anything wrong or not or did anything at all

He killed off the syndicate by putting them in a position where all of their families are killed alongside them.

That scene was pretty grim to be honest.

The ending of Closure is beautiful. The music, the setting, and Duchovny's acting were perfect. I always tear up when I watch it.

>F. Emasculata
My nigger. This is my fav episode but i never see it mentioned in these threads

How come no one ever mentions Duane Barry. He is easily one of the most interesting one-off characters of the series. And his episode is suspenseful as fuck
Also The Host is an amazing ep as well.

That fucking episode where they go inside the computer game

OP said not comedy episodes

Shapes

>its literally impossible to get Gillian and David back

Wait what why?

Home

Homage no omage

Die Hand Die Verletzt is a comedy episode, though. Still agree it's fantastic.

I have a bizarre love for The Erlenmeyer Flask, which I put down to how unrelentingly 80s it feels.

Scheduling for an on-off show like this is really difficult. Unless they're doing a full revival and want Gillian and David to clear out their entire schedules for a set number of years it's all based on when they have free gaps to do it

I've thought about this a lot, and it seems like the ideal place for a show with a changing cast to start rolling over the main characters is about 3 seasons. 3 seasons in and Law & Order and both versions of Doctor Who had totally new casts (technically, 4 in classic Who's case), and they lasted forever. The X-Files was too wrapped up in the Mulder and Scully plotlines by then to really start over with new characters.

They both have full TV shows now , Gillian is doing some Netflix show and Duchovny is doing Aquarius , they don't have time to do two full time TV shows

MAYBE they could film a finale special but thats probably the best we can hope for

The episode with Scully nudity. That was a brave episode.

Eve

Darkness Falls
I just really wish they didn't spoil the fact it was
an insect swarm for the audience so soon.

Best Myth : Paper Clip ( I guess Anasazi also counts since its basically a 3 parter )

Best MOTW : Pusher

Also

Worst Myth : Closure

Worst MOTW : Field where I Died

What was the episode where they were trapped in a motel I think and there was something in the water killing people? I only vaguely remember it

>Worst MOTW : Field where I Died
Jeez, that made me stop watching the x files for a while.

R8 my r8s
2=3=4 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 1st Movie > 8 > 7 > 9 > Alien shit >10 > 2nd Movie

Remember that one time Krycek fucked a gender bending alien? Good times.

Agua Mala

That one is on the meh side of OK

really liked DPO

I thought this was just me and my loathing of multiple personality hack screenwriting

Me too actually. It's the worst combination of bad premise, bad execution, and that forced 90s sentimentality

Been re watching X-files

Scully is a fucking death sentence to everyone in her family.

Her dad and mom, her sister and daughter (that she show forgot existed ) were assassinated cause of her, her son had to be shipped off.

Only has the brother left I think.

to be fair Mulder got his whole family killed too

Wait, what?

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose

Gender Bender.

Was the same actor as Krychek playing a different role

but its funny to pretend that Krychek fell for a trap dickgirl, maybe thats why he is so angry

'memoirs of a cigarette smoking man' is one of my favorite episode

LGM hands down.

2nd best is the pilot.

pine bluff variant

You know the one.

Home did better in 40 minutes what Rob Zombie has tried to achieve throughout his whole carreer.

And a very underrated that's probably a top 10 for me is John Doe.

Dogget was great and could've kept it going. Reyes was shit and the romance between them was horribly forced.

to be fair outdoing Rob "Edgelord" Zombie is not a very high bar

Oh, fuck yes. Along that Burt Reynolds episode.

He also said best, not bad.

Field where I Died , Burt Reynolds episode, and the Kathy Griffith twins episodes are all pretty bad

FWID barely outdoes the twin one in shit, just because of how much it fucks Mulders character

Clyde Bruckman is obviously the only correct answer for 'best'

Other good ones are Musings of a CSM, Pusher, Drive, Pine Bluff, Soft Light, X-Cops and Monday right off the top of my head.

kys

IIRC she was taken by CSM, given to the ayylmaos for the hybridization project, then returned and raised alongside Jeffery while being experimented on more then she ran away and died somehow. Not knowing exactly what killed her was always the part that pissed me off the most.

Cancer Man pls go and stay go

I imagine Fox (the network, not Mulder) is still pretty pissed at Anderson after she leaked the contract negotiations and claimed they 'lowballed' her.

'Erlenmeyer' just sounds cool for some reason.

The special effects and having Kolchak are more than enough to make up for all the other weaknesses of the episode.

Chinga, Jumped the Shark and the one in the 8 or 8th season with the little legless nigger on the pushcart were probably the 3 I hated the most (in least-to-most order).

What was wrong with the Burt Reynolds episode?

Oh fuck I totally forgot the one where the legless Pajeet climbs up into peoples assholes

Yeah thats in the bottom 5 for sure

I like Chinga , I know its bad but its kind of comfy in a way

Jumped the Shark is pretty bad as an episode and as a finale to Lone Gunmen.

As little discussion as X-files get I see 0 people talk about the spinoff

>The fucking 9/11 episode

I liked that one where a demon is just trying to have a baby.

that's the one with bruce campbell, right? pretty great ep, yes.

>based Bruce Campbell

Why has no one opted for the top tier cop thriller: Paper Hearts

What's wrong with Reyes? At the very least she looked good, and I always found her likeable.

It's weird how the episode where Satan repeatedly rapes a woman, then kills her babies because they have demon defects is a 'humorous' episode. The show was pretty messed up at times haha.

Is there a single episode where Scully is right and Mulder is wrong?

>What's wrong with Reyes

she was basically a replacement mulder, but had none of his charm (no homo). she also had no credible motivation to work on the x-files as a "truth seeker" like mulder. the only thing she had going was "lol, i'm expert at satanic cults or something"

The field where I died

Going through a list of episodes, Blood, Travelers (for the Kolchak references) and Mind's Eye were also good and even though it isn't as well-liked, I've also held a soft spot for Unrequited and poor Nate Teager.

The Mulder bits were the only part of Chinga I didn't completely loathe. King is really hit and miss and that was definitely a miss.

A lot of the last couple seasons had episodes with potential that they just squandered. Daemonicus for example had without a doubt the scariest opening the series had ever had and they could've made a classic if they'd gone all-in with the horror aspect but instead they turned in into some stupid Hannibal Lector ripoff horseshit. I'm still mad about that. The one with the dude who could snipe people through walls was another one. Redrum & Vienen were the only 8-9 episodes I really liked.

Just started s6, how close am I to when I need to drop the show?

>Dropping x-files

>poor Nate Teager
What about poor Agent Pendrell?

Darkness Falls > Ice

He doesn't rape one woman, he seduces and lives with multiple women trying to find a baby.

I mean yeah, he also got the short end of the stick but he wasn't in Unrequited so I'm not really sure why you brought him up here

I'm halfway through season 8 right now.

Why did Ducuckny decide to fuck the X-files so hard?

First he moves everything to LA, then this.

Why?

Maybe I'm misremembering, but isn't it the same woman? That's why all the babies are in the one backyard?

I suppose it could just be Satan's backyard, but I've had in my mind it was the same woman. If it's not rape it's a bit less dark then.

>mfw i've watched every season of this show but skipped every single mythology episode

Detour

Still the scariest thing I've seen on TV

>If we become blinded by the beauty of nature we may fail to see its cruelty and violence.
>Walt Whitman?
>No, "When Animals Attack." On the FOX Network.

your loss

In random order:
John Doe
Ice
Anasazi
Gender Bender
Darkness Falls
Tooms
Apocrypha
Home Again
Vienen
Terms of Endearment
Audrey Pauley
Synchrony
Die Hand Die Verletzt
Teliko

If you need to drop it Mulder leaves at the end of season 7, I would just skip to the finale from there I guess

8 and 9 are watchable but not as good

that's that hunger games scene dont meme me man

Why do I see a few people mention Gender Bender, that episode is so fucking garbage it might be in the bottom 10

>Amish people who change gender by going into candle wax cocoons and people who fuck their tranny asses get some kind of flu, also they are ayyliums what a twist

Pusher has been mentioned, but I want to do so again. The episode is so exciting. The scene with the guy setting himself on fire, the initial scene with the truck... there's so much memorable stuff.

Favorite episode overall is Humbug though, but I guess OP asked for non-comedy ones. Just wanted to mention it.

I really loved The Host.

I liked how they revealed the monster. It scared the shit out of me. And then when it's hiding in the back of the holding cell, peaking at Mulder and Scully... gives me the chills.