Why does nobody talk about this show here? Does Sup Forums generally not like it?

Why does nobody talk about this show here? Does Sup Forums generally not like it?

I can agree that the girl power stuff can get a little tiresome but they at least make it believable and badass.

Is it the Asian Gay Man? Is he too Reddit with his constant quips?

10/10 show also Proctor was the best character.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g-PIUHahKyY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cinemax shows are never watched.

I only watched the first episode but didn't like it much, should I give it more episodes? I love Quarry and The Knick, but I wasn't too impressed with this one, felt like a pretty generic small town cop/bad guy thing, for example Justified's first episode was heaps better.

This is the only one I've watched, and I'm thinking of starting Quarry which has had good reviews.

Why don't people watch cinemax? This has a decent budget and it looks great. It reminds me of something you'd see off a Starz/Showtime series.

>but they at least make it believable
Are you retarded?

There is not a single believable episode in this entire series.

I really want to know if you have some kind of brain damage.

I love the Knick and am about to start Quarry tomorrow as I said in my above comment.

I prefer this over Justified but I do admit I nearly dropped this but kept on going.

It gets into its stride on episode 3. It solidifies Hood (the main character) as an absolute badass and has a ridiculously intense fight scene...and it doesn't let up after that. and by that time I was done with the series

The Knick is great too.

Banshee's final season was shit.

2>3>1>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Relative to everything else in the show, they make it believable. I'd never call this show believable in a general sense, but the female characters don't just seem to be there to be the 'badass female character'...that's what I meant.

It reminds me a lot of Spartacus mixed with Justified, just how I saw it.

The show does pretty great honestly but it falters in the last season, it was honestly the only season I didn't like at all and added really nothing to it..which with him not being sheriff should have but.. the writing wasn't used to benefit of the show's world

they missed some very large narrative pay offs.

I enjoyed it. It seemed a bit fucking random at first but once all the flashback stuff set the groove I was fully invested again.

Is anybody gonna tell me Proctor isn't the best character?

It was definitely the worst but that doesn't mean it was bad. The shit with Proctor and the Brotherhood was great.

That is definitely up to taste but I felt it was bad, and all of the stuff with brotherhood was a sideshow that was created for no reason, and didn't pay off existing storylines in favor of adding even more characters and pointless filler, especially serial killer who might be the worst written in fiction that has shows like CSI, Criminal minds, shit, Dexter. It was just badly done all around. Some of the stuff paying off the old storylines that they did close was great but they were few and far between.

Just on a writing level alone what they did was terrible and felt like Alan Ball all over again with True Blood. He doesn't understand narrative payoff at all which is a problem with all of his writing, even American Beauty. He likes ambiguities too much.

Also 'The Albino' villain in the prison was genuinely scary.

it's edge: the tv series
i couldn't stomach it

I was more looking forward to what Proctor was going to do to the Brotherhood more than the main plot honestly. He's probably my favourite character in any show this decade, his scenes were always something I was looking forward too.

This is my favorite show ever, it has the best action ever shown on tv and nothing even comes close, what the fuck!

Season 4 started weird but if I liked the Proctor stuff, the Brotherhood stuff, and the Dushku stuff, I can't call it bad desu

It's the age of the internet, who the fuck cares what station they're aired on?

Glad someone agrees. It's my favourite action orientated serial by far also. The cinematography for the fight scenes are never stale either, even after the fucking 500th one. They really understood the meaning of investment

>That fight between the native and Burton involving the car

I don't give a shit if people call it edgy or whatever they label it, it was fun as fuck

There may be a spin-off with Job as the main character which I'd love to see. It probably won't meet expectations but I'd watch it regardless.

What do you mean? What's the 'edgiest' show you enjoy?

youtube.com/watch?v=g-PIUHahKyY

I watched two episodes and was amazed at the sheer amount of badly pulled off cliches thrown at me. Maybe it improves later but I didn't manage to keep interested.

It gets 10/10 at the 3rd episode. First 2 episodes are very slow compared to the rest.

But also gets 0/10 mostly because of shitty invincible and annoying villian who looks like total cuck and somehow survives all the shit.

Not enough epic fights in Season 4.

There's no 'villain' in the main story...there's plenty of small villains like The Albino and stuff but most are pretty grey.

If you mean Proctor and his butler/bodyguard you're a retard

I thought that too, but I knew it was just stringing everything together and it was emotionally investing enough, especially the Job plot.

It's not on Netflix.

>It's the age of the internet, who the fuck cares what station they're aired on?
That may be true, but still hardly anyone watches them.

Starz/Showtime/Cinemax are putting out the best stuff atm. They don't have as many restrictions as other stations and can pretty much experiment as they're always trying to find a niche, and their niche is decently written fan-service series with a modest budget but a massive heart.

>Starz

Black Sails
The Pillars of the Earth
Outlander
Spartacus
Boss
Da Vinci's Demons
Magic City
Camelot

>Showtime

Dexter
Ray Donovan
Penny Dreadful
Californication
The Tudors

>Cinemax

Banshee
The Knick
Quarry
Strike Back

GOAT's honestly

I only watched it because of Ulrich Thomsen. The main guy's underbite is so distracting.

I identified with Hood because I look like him, just no underbite, terrible haircut and a roman nose.

I do admit I was always analysing his face when he was onscreen...there was something slightly peculiar about it.

I'd love to have a Proctor spin-off of him surviving? and him spreading his business all over america

Most beautiful girl ever to set foot in front of a camera coming through

She looks like an owl and midget had a child

Because its Cinemax, same reason I never watch Strike Back. Cinemax is better than Starz but only just.

Only watched it for the fights

Quarry is great.

It was fun, last season was garbage and Hood went full Jesse from Breaking Bad and was just crying every episode.

Highlight of the show for me is when Gordon went full Solid Snake out of nowhere

white fka twigs