K I N O : Filmstruck is Live

>From TCM & Criterion, we're arthouse, indie, foreign & cult cinema for film lovers, by film lovers.

>Explore FilmStruckā€™s curated and constantly refreshed library with a special 14-day free trial.

filmstruck.com

What a time to be alive my fellow cineastes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7WH1Bsdzh7A
criterion.com/people/1039-andrei-tarkovsky
filmstruck.com/devices
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

will they upload BvS?

Streaming is garbage because they bitrate starve and shit on the audio and everything they could possibly release exists as better torrents without a paywall

so why fucking bother

shill pls go

this shit is legit tho

>no animation section
At least they have two animated movies in the sci-fi section.

here we go

convenience for one, the ability to browse thousands of films and choose one on a whim. special features. access on multiple devices. hard to find films. all for the cost of one movie ticket a month.

You didn't refute my actual points though.

>muh convince

You can literally just d/l sequentially and watch it in exactly the same way. Without being forced into lower quality streams played in a web browser.

>You didn't refute my actual points though.

Jesus dude, what do you want? If it's not for you, it's not for you. Some of us do value the convenience. If you really like a movie, you can still buy a BluRay of it, or download a great copy.

This is a good thing for fans of cinema. Unless you're an entitled memellenial who thinks its still not enough and they should pay you to watch it and also suck your dick.

one is illegal and the other isn't

one actually supports companies and people preserving and making available old, classic, and/or historically/artistically significant films, so they can continue to do so, the other doesn't

Dont realeyez and the penguin streamer already have some criterion?

The commentary, though only apparently on some films for now, seems like an awesome feature.

>sign ups re currently unavailable

JUST

>Stalker
holy shit
when did Criterion get the rights to that and blu-ray when?

also 4k streaming when? and Criterion 4k blu-ray when? (btw is 4k worth it and how big a TV do i need for full benefits? sorry, i'm not Sup Forums)

SIGN ME UP
>CAN'T SIGN UP

I may be mistaken, but maybe Stalker's part of the Filmstruck entry level or whatever, and not "the criterion channel?"

Hi Brian

it's got the CC logo on its page

>that blurb

Oh cool, glad to be mistaken then.

Trying to find which films have commentary, hopefully they make it easier soon. Cocteau's Beauty and The Beast should be interesting.

call me when it's available in europe
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This should be standard on most streaming sites

people are apparently having success w proxy

curzon home cinema
its better

I chuckled Tbh

Free trial is next two months for beta testers FYI. Not bad.

Fairly certain it's with FilmStruck and not Criterion, though you can access it if you pay for the Criterion channel. Criterion channel films have the "C" logo on them when you're browsing. Not sure why it says it's Criterion when you click on it, because it's not in the collection according to their website
source:
youtube.com/watch?v=7WH1Bsdzh7A

Notice Ivan's Childhood has the C on it but Stalker doesn't in pic related.

lel whoops, the source should be:
criterion.com/people/1039-andrei-tarkovsky

ah interesting

>btw is 4k worth it and how big a TV do i need for full benefits? sorry, i'm not Sup Forums
If you're totally fine financially, it doesn't hurt to get, but a lot of HD stuff already looks pretty great imo. 4k definitely looks better, though

hmmmm but Andrei Rublev doesn't have the C and is definitely still with Criterion and not out-of-print (maybe the version of Andrei Rublev streaming on Filmstruck isn't the same as the one on the CC DVD?)

and Criterion has had a ton of films not on physical media and only available thru streaming

Yeah I'm wondering if maybe they're streaming the FilmStruck print of Andrei instead of the Criterion one? Not totally sure how it works yet, though I guess it doesn't matter too much since I'm just streaming things for now

sorry guys but where is the link for the free trial? I'm worried my internet won't be good enough for the stream so I want to test it first.

Any non-US Anons here using Filmstruck already? I'll be pissed if I won't be able to access it with a proxy.

Hope it's not ass like Fandor and that other shitty one I can't remember.

>sign ups closed

Wtf??

Probably can't afford to serve more than a certain amount of people yet.

Yes it is

is it US only? I'm gonna get the trial as soon as they they sign ups again

THIS IS NOW A COMMENTARY THREAD. POST FAVORITES.

Stephen Prince on Ran got me interested in listening to these tracks in the first place

Is there an Apple TV app?

Not yet, but there will be one for the current gen, but i don't think for the last gen, which i have unfortunately. Hoping for a PS4 app soon.

later this month

filmstruck.com/devices

You already made me wait when you didn't launch on the 19th. Now this. I hate you and I want to watch your movies, Films Truck.

Awesome, I'm actually super excited about this

Any word on when more sign ups will be available?

I'm assuming the Filmstruck + Criterion channel is the way to go?

Absolutely, yeah. Should be worth the $5 a month.

yeah, Filmstruck doesn't seem worth it on its own desu

>Tree of Life on the trial page
Criterion incoming?

Awe shittt

If anyone finds a commentary track pls post the film

it's been in the rumor mill for awhile, so maybe, but it took Eraserhead a couple of years to come out though once rumors of that appeared so i wouldn't hold my breath