People Who Think They Have Good Taste Because They Read Pitchfork

And more importantly, reasons why you fucking hate them.

>crossing the street in Richmond yesterday
>spot two fuckers dressed in their genre uniforms
>hear them laughing at me as we pass

I was immeasurably close to doing a 180, grabbing the guy by his throat and curb-stomping him.

These motherfuckers have got some nerve -- fucking having a giggle at me because I don't cling to their culture vulture bullshit, fucking LAUGHING at me because I don't obsess over whatever pitchfork-core periphery-pop their foreign cultural arbitrators decide to shit out next, fucking MOCKING ME because I haven't listened to the latest lil piss single (IT DRIPPED ONTO SOUND CLOUD YESTERDAY) and accordingly couldn't participate in the most recent orgy-porgy on Twitter.

These people are a fucking JOKE. They base the entirety of their identity on a medium they know absolutely NOTHING about. I could fucking carve "Dean Blunt" and "Unwound" and "Suburban Lawns" and "Dadacomputer" into their skin and they wouldn't know what taste is. I could abduct them and for a week keep them strapped to chairs in my basement while John Zorn feeds them gluten and Instruments Disorder loops from my speakers.

Can someone just explain to me how people like this exist? How do they not pit sugar in their tea and fucking choke on the first sip because they forgot to pour the tea?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ltF-6ldrqJs
youtube.com/watch?v=JUGkg_U5HIo
youtube.com/watch?v=XQXCR3XHHcM
youtube.com/watch?v=gvfCRhimOTI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=ltF-6ldrqJs

M E C H U N G O

You seem like a fun dude.

What a dumb shit response. Would have been more efficient if you just didn't type anything.

What in my post suggests I can't have fun?

youtube.com/watch?v=JUGkg_U5HIo

Acknowledged.

I IDENTIFY AS LATINX

Well, I do have a couple of questions.
>Why did those people laugh at you? Did you accost them about their tastes? Or could they see what your tastes were? If none of these are the case, how do you know they even laughed at you, aswell as the reason they laughed?
>Why do you care so much about what other people like? Do you feel underappreciated for your devotion?
>How are you this upset at people not being complete music obsessives?

youtube.com/watch?v=XQXCR3XHHcM

how much do i have to hate brown people before this guy starts being funny? he just seems like a poor man's eric andre

I don't know why they were laughing at me. I didn't say anything to them. I know they were laughing at me because I have an acute self-awareness, and they explicitly referred to me under the assumption that I wouldn't hear because I had earphones in. Since I wasn't actually listening to anything, I heard them.

I don't know for certain why they laughed either. I don't care why they laughed. What's apparent is I'm their senior. I have better tastes. I've a more acute artistic eye, and have accordingly cultivated superior taste.

For these reasons, anyone with a sincere passion for music should want to be my friend. Shit, my insights and taste are practically gold to anyone with the level to be expected from a pitchfork drone. They should have been bending over backwards to be my friend. They should have invited me to the nearest party they knew of, and if they weren't aware of any upcoming parties, they should have made one up and then invited me just so they can share my company for an hour or two.

I feel disrespected because I am disrespected.

Anyone who lets music determine their identity should have an appropriate investment in music.

you're hopeless if you think eric andre is even the same as shitty ass sam hyde

jfc
here u go try this kid youtube.com/watch?v=gvfCRhimOTI

Yeah, no this is why you don't seem like much fun to be around. Be a little humble, you know, maybe like dial it back a bit. No one wants to spend an hour listening to you drone on about how cultivated you are, people have other interests and differing levels of interest. You'd be pissed off if some chef came at you for eating instant ramen, calling you a fucking tasteless phillistine, because hey, maybe you don't care about eating a flawless meal every damn time you have to eat. Maybe these people don't care that much about music...

Terrible analogy. Just absolute fucking garbage.

I don't claim an avid interest in food. I don't subscribe to a dozen food blogs. I don't let cuisine determine my identity.

You are dumb.

Are you autistic? young people always follows trends since the dawn of time because it gives them a sense of identity/superiority, it has always been like this. Why do you think every white kid under 25 dresses streetwear and listens to memerap now?

What makes you think these people are primarily defined by their taste in music? Pretty sure their taste in music is secondary to some other primary interest, or maybe they just enjoy following trends? Why do you care so much?

Holy fucking shit you are dumb. What was even the point of that post? I KNOW these people have existed for decades. I KNOW that's why people dress like that, and listen to that.

That's what fucking talking about you goddamn dipshit.

its a trend

it has an image associated with a positive connotation

if you werent autistic you could see why people do this

>Horrid Cross
Good taste, unty.

I still don't get why you care so much and why you are getting so angry with me. I genuinely don't understand why you're like this.

Did you not read the fucking OP?

They're wearing genre uniforms. They're in Richmond. It's not exactly subtle.

>maybe they just enjoy following trends
AGAIN, DID YOU EVEN READ THE OP? NO SHIT THEY'RE TREND HOPPING CUNTS. I EXPLICITLY SAID AS MUCH. THAT DOESN'T ABSOLVE THEM OF CRITICISM YOU FUCKING IDIOT. IF ANYTHING THAT'S A SUBSTANTIAL ASPECT OF MY CRITICISM.

music exists to encourage teenagers to fuck each other
that's about the extent of it
but you can go on about your dada issues as you will

Yeah, but why do you care?

>HURR DURR WHY DO PEOPLE TRY TO ASSOCIATE WITH AN IMAGE THEY LIKE

I'm literally LITERALLY speechless right now

It's associated with a positive connotation? You mean like the readiness to slurp down whatever bullshit foreign cultural arbitrators shit down your throat?

And I don't understand why you're replying to me if you have NOTHING to say. Get the fuck out of my thread.

>This is the face of Sup Forums

wow totally makes me think Sup Forums are reasonable logical people and I should visit their board for discussion often.... NOT

Good shit unty

WE

Well, what did you want out of this thread? Roaring applause? Wow unty, you sure nailed those silly normies, huh? You're so smart and I want to be just like you!

Seriously you asked in the OP
>Can someone just explain to me how people like this exist?
I don't understand why you're so confused by the existence of people who have other interests or don't really have any interests at all. Why don't you understand trends or wanting to follow trends? Like just open a sociology textbook or something.

That's some cool delusions of grandeur, persecution complex, and paranoid delusions you got going on there.
Lots of fun.
But the problem totally isn't you, though.

I'm not talking about teenagers. I talking about people in their mid 20's, but you clearly have no idea what I'm talking about if you think my post was related to dada. Feel free to exit my thread at your leisure because we're done.

More like
>Why are people rewarded for obscuring their absence of a personality and taste by clinging to whatever core/wave gets shit out next
But of course it's just coincidence that on every corner of every fucking metropolitan street every fucker you see is dressed in 1 of 3 contemporary genre uniforms.

To them if they know something that has >1,000 plays on Soundcloud their music taste is one for the gods

>what did you want out of this thread?
Read the OP.

READ THE FUCKING OP.
MY OUTLINE FOR THIS THREAD IS EXPLICITLY STATED IN THE SUBJECT AND THE FIRST LINE OF THE COMMENT FIELD.

If you grabbed the guy by the throat and curb stomped him you would have been shot by a cop. Being black must suck

People enjoy fitting in? People don't like to stand out? People like being able to talk about things that they know other people also enjoy? I mean, you seem smart enough, it's a bit hilarious that you're having trouble understanding this.

I don't fucking hate them though, and I don't understand why you do. You still haven't answered why you even care about these people.

It's clearly not me, though, unless you think crossing the street is enough to make any of those delusions, complexes, etc. apparent to two random fucking pedestrians.

Nice try shifting the blame though, dipshit.

Maybe your shirt was on backwards or something. Maybe you dress ridiculously. Maybe you just have one of those faces. I don't understand why this has anything to do with your taste in music or how that even came into the picture.

>people enjoy fitting in
>people don't like to stand out
And yet the people I'm talking about wouldn't hesitate to unironically boast about their "weirdness" on their preferred social media platform.

And these are the same people who feel superior to tip 40 listeners. Fuck off with your bullshit. They're fucking hypocrites and human parodies.

They flirt with the fringe of counter-culture, calling themselves different and unique, and then ostracized anyone that exceeds their narrow comfort margins. They're hypocritical dumbass pieces of shit.

Just because YOU don't agree with me doesn't mean this thread lacks an objective.

>Maybe you just have one of those faces.
Presented without comment.

>And yet the people I'm talking about wouldn't hesitate to unironically boast about their "weirdness" on their preferred social media platform.
So what? Why do you care?

>They're fucking hypocrites and human parodies.
So what? Why do you care?

>They flirt with the fringe of counter-culture, calling themselves different and unique, and then ostracized anyone that exceeds their narrow comfort margins.
Yeah, so what? Who gives a shit?

Weirdly enough the best looking person in that collage, so that can't be it.

SO WHAT IF MY SHIRT WAS ON BACKWARDS? SO WHAT IF I DRESS?

IN THE EYES OF AN AMORAL POST-MODERNIST THOSE THINGS OUGHT TO MAKE ME MORE ENDEARING.

go to bed unty youre drunk

Is there something you want to talk about? How are things at home?

>So What? Why do you care?
Because you just tried excusing their behavior, saying "they enjoy fitting in," and "they don't like to stand out." It's a contradiction.

>So what? Why do you care?
Because hypocrites and liars shouldn't be rewarded by society in these volumes.

>Yeah, so what?
IT'S A FUCKING CONTRADICTION.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT JUST LEAVE MY THREAD.

Life isn't fair.

Is this the first time you've noticed that people engage in contradictory behaviour? What I'm getting from these posts so far is that you think you should be rewarded for your tastes and that's just a lot of entitlement right there.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Fucking spazz.

Unty's an interesting case because he's mostly like this but sometimes he's a cool guy to talk to. He's either playing a persona so well he's losing it or has volatile bipolar

FUCK OFF DIPSHIT. FUCK OFF WITH YOUR EMPTY PLATITUDES, PARTICULARLY BECAUSE THEY AREN'T EVEN RELEVANT IN THIS CASE.

WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT CIRUMCSTANCES OF BIRTH. WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE WEATHER, OR GETTING STUCK BY LIGHTNING, OR ANY OTHER RANDOM, CHAOTIC EVENT.

WE'RE TALKING ABOUT CONSCIOUS DECISIONS THAT DISHONEST, HYPOCRITICAL DIPSHITS LIKE YOU MAKE EVERY FUCKING DAY.

>ENTITLEMENT
YOUR FAVORITE FUCKING WORD.

WRONG.

And I know that people act irrationally all the time. I know that irrational behaviors are important to catharsis which is important to a stable society.

But I'm talking about people whose behavior is contradictory and irrational more times than not, far more times.

holy fucking shit dude

based

Dude, it's unty; I have no idea why you're this surprised. Guy's literal fountain of autism.

how about instead of this whole thing you just tell me what you've been listening to lately and I'll listen to it.

im new

haven't had a good old fashioned unty being autistic thread in a while now thx mate

Courtney Barnett
Tranquilizer
Horrid Cross
Techno Menses

aight nvm

wow, i'm loving your restless spirit... (either that or your use of caps excites me)

I'm pretty placid in person. You wouldn't like me.

but clearly very outspoken! i appreciate the passion.

this desu. hope one day you decide to use your anger for something constructive

nigger