Huddersfield Town vs Sheffield Wednesday Championship Play-off semi final game thread

Last night the EFL Championship Play-offs got underway with a cagey 1-1 draw between Fulham and Reading at Craven Cottage.

Now, it's the turn of the two Yorkshire representatives to stake their claim for a place at Wembley, and potentially, a place in the 2017/18 Premier League.

Huddersfield Town take on Sheffield Wednesday at the Galpharm live on Sky Sports 2 in this first leg fixture. Kick off in an hour at 12:00.

Line ups to follow.

What, you were going to watch Palace v Hull?

Other urls found in this thread:

soccerstreams.net/streams/6975/huddersfield-town-988_vs_sheffield-wednesday-1011
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

'Udders

the massive

Based mooy is gonna get promotion for the town

No need to watch.

Based Wagner with based Huddersfield got this.

streams here: soccerstreams.net/streams/6975/huddersfield-town-988_vs_sheffield-wednesday-1011

Not sure what to think of this desu. Udders haven't beaten wednesday since late 2013 and they're having to put their 2nd keeper in. It points towards a home loss or draw, but I can't shake the feeling they might win today

What Huddersfield's nickname? The Hudds?

COME ON YOU HUDDS!

Hudders have been way out of form recently but I think this home leg will go their way. They havent played their first choice outfield in ages and as good as ward is at gk, he is young and makes mistakes under pressure at times. Coleman has looked solid. Wednesday have been solid lately but i think hudders will put in a big performance here and win 2-0.

Who /Hudds/ here?

>Supporting Wednesday
>Ever

Christ, the championship coverage on Sky is great but their commentators are dogshit

They've only been out of form though so they could keep their first XI fresh. It's a Huddersfield - Fulham final.

>tfw you just know Fulham are going to win, but you want plucky Huddersfield to get promoted because they totally deserve it

I would like to see a Wednesday Fulham final with SW going up.

>that hull howler to concede within 2 minutes

kek north east btfo

>won 3 and lost 6 of the last 10 games

that's a fair chunk of time to be keeping players fresh, especially considering that up til not that long ago they were in with an outside chance of getting 2nd

HX6 here, you best not let this slip

Shame they've split the away end.

I remember us filling that. Hudderfield's a great ground to go to.

Already refball.

Disgusting.

Yeah, but they don't have massive squad depth and you don't want some freak accident to take out one or two of your players, especially when you've confirmed the playoffs so it makes no difference if you finish 3rd or 6th. I think he might have been overly cautious, but there's no reason to take unnecessary risks.

Aye that was unfair. Unsporting as fuck from pudil and wednesday.

Steven Felchers hair is amazing

who are the good guys in this?

Hudds

Le terriers

hudders are the plucky underdogs who have punched well above their weight, wednesday are looking to avenge a playoff final defeat from last year

Huddersfield will win then?

reminder that huddersfield completely choked away 2nd place

fook that shouldve been 1-0

Both.

Don't want Fulham or Reading getting promoted.

reeeeee

Give based Udders your energy

\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/

>Kachunga
>this is a german last game

I think those numerals have taken care of that

> All 3 forwards offside while the ball is moving at a snail's pace

Dreadful

Come on based Udders.

Hudders 2-0 stick on.

Wed play dire football and struggle to raise their level.

>hudds long passing when it's anyone other than mooy

Woeful

Quality of football here is dogshit. Were these two sides off form going into this game?

it's the playoffs, yesterday's game was shit too

Huddersfield have been on dreadful form recently.

Hunt that was fucking wank

Hudders need to win this leg i think

agreed, we (Hudds) don't score lots in away matches and I'd be amazed if Sheffield don't score at their place

>get into great crossing position behind the full back
>lazily outside foot into the recovering full back

top mong

woof woof terriers charging up

Ross wallace is an arrogant little turd isnt he

>15 IPs
Thought they were massive?

up the fuckin wednesday

>yfw the final will feature tinpots reading and huddershit

Are there away goals in playoffs?

Don't talk about daddy Ross like that

Not these ones.

>has the touch of an elephant
>is an elephant man

pottery

This has been an awful game

Aye. Terriers shot their wad by March.

English refs are definitely amongst the worst on the planet.

Woah.

So... this... is the power of the Championship.

The... power... Wednesday fans say United won't be able to deal with.

Well, they certainly play similarly shit football.

Why the absolute fuck are hudders playing out for a draw? And that giant halfcaste has utter toilet touch.

Huddersfield have fucked it then. Fully expect Wednesday to go through and even win at Wembley.

>lap of honour for a gutless 0-0 where you took the foot off the gas

small club mentality. wednesday easily into final. wagner leaves in summer. terriers back in league 1 by next may.

Good result for Wednesday. Huddersfield playing high pressure and attacking all game and didnt even look like scoring. Don't think either team had one clear cut chance. Pressure will be on them now in front of a sold out Hillsborough.

So where is mooy off to this summer?

Isn't that a usual thing to do for the final home game of the season? They still fucked up today though.
Watford.

>2nd leg is on a wednesday

Fuck, that's not fair. The owls will be at full power.