What is life like outside of the first world?

What is life like outside of the first world?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0ekYineWlc0
youtube.com/watch?v=fXejSDUK0J4&t=7s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The US should be color coded by state tbqhwy.

t. lived in both extremes

How comes French Guiana is not 1st World?

Well, I guess this map uses the Cold War idea of what first/second/third world mean. Which doesn't really make sense anymore because that ended two and a half decades ago, so my point stands.

As an american you should have some knowledge about that :^)

I don't live in a Republican state

haha XD

Wait.. Why is Greenland a "3rd" world country?
I have lived and worked there. Sure it's not very populated and stuff but life there is not bad enough to be called that...

Pretty close on most of the country but it fucked up all the biggest states. California and New York are first world. Texas is at least second, if not first. Florida is third. Also Massachusetts first world, Missouri third...

Pretty cool, you should come

I just ranked them according to my own opinion just like OP's map isn't based on wealth

Also Virginia is first world, and definitely DC is first world. New Jersey is first world, memes notwithstanding.

Oh okay, fair enough. In that case, you actually have pretty good taste.

Florida really is the single shittiest state we have, though. The beaches don't redeem it.

youtube.com/watch?v=0ekYineWlc0

What's Greenland like, unironically and memes aside? I just picture a bunch of suicidal alcoholic natives, mostly, but I'm willing to acknowledge that that's probably an ignorant opinion.

Pretty shitty and depressing

A lot of the reason Florida seems so shitty is that the laws make such that the police are required to supply reporters with arrest reports basically immediately if they ask, while in other states its more of a hassle if a requirement at all.
It's also the 3rd largest state by population, so there's a lot of material for stories about shitty stuff.
I have the impression that Mississippi is the actual shittiest state.

I grew up in Alabama. Mississippi is an absolute shithole but it's still second worst in my book, ranking higher than Florida.

I don't know, i'm south brazilian

Really cool. Outside the city life is like in the wild west.

>Turkey
>first world

lül

Why is China not 3rd world?

If you really wanted a meaningful map, you'd have to do it by county, which is usually how how maps for poverty, mortality, drug overdoes, crime rates, etc. are done.

>What's Greenland like, unironically and memes aside?
Pretty good. The entire country feels like a big village. Everyone say hi and crime doesn't exist.
Never felt safer in my life than when I lived there.
But the weather is brutal. Insane storms and bone freezing winds.

Map is bullshit

How so, Vasily?

indeed, most of russia is 3rd world.

>Turkey first world
This must be just based on them being allied with the west during the cold war era, I'm sure. They clearly aren't "first world" in the manner we use that word today.

Moscow and St Petersburg should be either first or second
While the rest of Russia is third anyway

>Moscow and St Petersburg
Which of these cities is better, and what are the major differences? Redpill me please.

>monkeydonia and analbania are first
AHHAHAHAHAHHH

Just all money from resources go to Moscow.

>dirty
>crime
>no one gives a damn about your "rights", but with money you can buy yourself a free pass
>things don't work like they're supposed to

So then how is St. Petersburg any good if Moscow gets all the gibs?

First world status should only be reserved to those select few countries that have little to no poverty among their population.
I mean, why would a country that cannot provide for its people deserve a first world status? Gets me.

Free just like healthcare here

I unironically agree with this.

inb4 a bunch of assmad regressive Sup Forumstards

>DC
>full of niggers
>first world

>Greenland is third world country
>Denmark is first world country
HAHAHA GLORIOUS AMERICA EDUCATION!!!!!!!!

The distinction between Denmark and Greenland makes lot of sense.
>Algerian education

Why is Greenland all apartments and no houses? Kind of looks almost like commie blocks except better looking buildings.

No it doesn't. Sweden, Switzerland, and Austria would be third world.

Central St Petersburg seemed like a genuinely nice place to live when I visited, the rest of it is a complete shithole though.

They have houses too. Yeah it looks cool and interesting on a photo like this, but as you can imagine by looking at these houses their conditions are nothing like Denmark or typical fist world countries.

worse in all ways you can imagine, basically EVERYTHING you have is better than us

Its shit, kill me pls

reminds me of my city

It is cool

I think you have access to a lot more than the people living on Greenland. I mean, you can drive to the nearest supermarket and cinema complex, and all the stuff that is normal for first world cities, am I right?

oh yeah for sure
newfoundland does have a noticeable level of isolation from the rest of canada, but all our amenities are accessible and relatively cheap

That's comfy as fuck. Where is it? Do you like it?

Rio de Janeiro here
People shit on the streets, there are hobos everywhere and you can't lower your guard without someone attempting to mug you. The less populated areas aren't so bad, but if you go to the big cities it's literally hell.

all of these are first world
Sup Forums is drinking too much meme koolaid

no one cares about your opinion man
delusions of grandeur

Have you ever been to the Mississippi Delta or the bayous of Louisiana?

St. John's, Newfoundland

I like it, going to uni there for dirt cheap (~3500/yr CAD) and my families from out here so i have a gud time

You cared enough to reply. Are you an assmad Sup Forumstard?

NJ is actually one of the richest states in the top 3. The only shit thing about it is Camden. Even Newark is getting gentrified from the people wanting to live in there instead of expensive as fuck NYC.

To add it's home to the world's best university, Princeton.

I'm pretty sure 98% of the people who meme on New Jersey have never been to New Jersey. I've never been there either but while I believe that it's probably crowded and full of cunts, the stereotypes of it being a shithole don't hold up.

yep

things are a bit harder to come by

Wrong.

Virginia is actually a really nice state. So is North Carolina. I'm not a fan of the south in general, but objectively there is nothing wrong with those two.

Is that really worth it just for the tuition though? Isn't the tuition in bigger cities like 6k/year?

Eh, he said he likes it there. Why would it not be worth it?

let me put this way
>live with relatives in newfoundland for school
tuition = 3500
living expenses = ~2000 (weekly budget of 60 bucks, meals/groceries paid for)
rent/residence = 0
total/yr = 5500
>live by myself in any other city for uni
tuition = ~6000
rent/residence = ~6500
living expenses = ~3000 (buying my own food)
total/yr = 15500

rough estimate, but still

also the city is comfy as shit
>housing is dirt cheap, avg 3 bed 2 bath is ~200k
>people are nice
>regional culture
youtube.com/watch?v=fXejSDUK0J4&t=7s

all in all, pretty ok, just the weather is meh

Absolutely incorrect.