“It’s really fucked up to call yourself Sophie and pretend you’re a girl when you’re a male producer [and]...

>“It’s really fucked up to call yourself Sophie and pretend you’re a girl when you’re a male producer [and] there are so few female producers,” she begins, before trailing off again.
wtf i used to like grimes but i can't support her knowing how transphobic she is

Other urls found in this thread:

stereogum.com/1841646/grimes-thinks-sophie-is-fucked-up/wheres-the-beef/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

click bait

twat

Damn, that's pretty upsetting honestly.
She seems to have gotten better though cause in a recent instagram post she used 'female identified' or something like that.

it's literally an actual thing she said my friend
stereogum.com/1841646/grimes-thinks-sophie-is-fucked-up/wheres-the-beef/

It's not "transphobic", but it was an ignorant comment made about somebody's gender identity when she assumed it was a cis male masquerading as a woman for revenue. Might have been better if you posted the whole quote though.

why do identity politic types always eat each-other alive? what's the deal? aren't we all on the same side? god damn

gender numale mommycore st vincent faggot

TERFs are the superior feminists

She isn't a TERF though idiot.
Don't slander Grimes with such an horrible name

Identity politics are essentially just politics. By that, I mean that politics in general centres around identity.

Oh-kay.

Yes but that does come off as such a TERF statement.

thats why my boy ariel pink had to put that hoe in her place, hating ass bitch

are you sure? i feel like more gets done the less the focus becomes on the individual. we can argue relative experience and whatnot, but in the end it just kinda becomes a game of semantics.. and (liberal infighting) !

why she call herself grimes when there are so few grime producers in north america? s m h really fucked up

But the whole idea of liberals and conservatives are an ideological identity politic. When people say to start focusing on the poor generally instead of how wealth is distributed based on race or sex, they're also utilising some kind of an identity politic to appeal to groups of people. Maybe focusing efforts is a good thing and worrying about the minute shit later is more important in the long run, but practically everything uses identity politics in some way. Ben Shapiro cries about people buying into it while focusing on antiseminitism. Dave Rubin cries about people buying into it while focusing on income inequality and homosexual rights. This is so off-topic right now, but yeah.

No, but my senpai thinks I am because I donated money to the Transgender Law Center.

she wasn't wrong tho it's fucking obnoxious that so many men think it's okay to name their acts shit like women, girls, la femme etc etc when men are the ones who push women out of the music industry by being creepy fuck rapists and chauvanists (hi ethan)

this was like two years ago and i'm sure if you asked grimes about it today she would apologize to sophie but it's an actual problem and it's not problematic to call out male presenting folks on that shit because it's bad

sophie is cool as fuck tho

>No, but my senpai thinks I am because I donated money to the Transgender Law Center
Oh nice (:
Sorry I thought that might have been a triggering/personal question.

>being this delusional
You write like a 12-year-old btw

This shit honesty confused me when she was first starting to blow up. I was put off from listening to her for ages because of her album art and her artist name.

I know this is a meme post, but I do think it's funny that she portrayed a gender-bending Michael Corleone in "Kill v Maim" but got tiffed at Sophie, who is (apparently) legitimately a trans person. This is why errbody needs to stop being so reactionary.

Nah.

I do unironically agree with most of this though. I'm just very disappointed that Claire inadvertently furthered the marginalisation the already marginalised.

pseudo-moralistically dictating ownership of words because men can abuse their power is so fucking stupid

It's not a dictation of ownership, it's just a simple reflection that guys use the identity of a gender that is grossly underrepresented in this part of the music industry. "pseudo-moralistically" has no damn meaning here. Hell, if anything what Grimes did was outright moralistic, not "pseudo-moralistic".

yeah it sucks but that's life and as a transfemme i think the objectification of women in the music industry is fucking appalling so i don't really blame her for it even if it was very latently/unintentionally shitty

commodifying female identities is a lot grosser my dude and as long as misogynists profit off it i'm gonna be mad about it

they deserve to be marginalized, namefag homo

Politics of Feewings*

>FTFY

suck a dick dumbshit

What part of my post are you even responding to? This seems so vague and odd.

Oh, thanks for changing my mind!

No problem buddy

>dude to become a woman all you have to do is put on makeup and a wig
>WTF why do these meanie TERFs dislike me??? this is like literally VIOLENCE

>I don't have a tangible argument, so let me pull this strawperson I've been hiding in my ass all day

Sophie and Grimes are trash who cares

It's called exaggeration dumbass

You realize you don't need to be gender neutral when saying >STRAWMEN right?

Thats incorrect.

lmao i didn't even notice he said "strawperson"

Eh.

>if I call it exaggeration it will instantly make my bad argument with no point less shitty

>i have autism and can't tell when people are exaggerating for comedic effect, and this invalidates their arguments

>transphobic
this word doesnt make sense, im not afraid of the mentally ill chemical experiments i just think they deserve to die

Maybe woman don't make music as well as males. Maybe the talent is rarer in females and the system is less of an oppressive overlord and actually closer to a meritocracy. Maybe they are represented fine.

why do all Grimes fans on here act exactly like Bronies

What is your point? That other people are prone to hyperbole? You're literally not making an argument. You're invalidating them; you don't need my help.

thanks for articulating your point

why the fuck people are bringing up so often the same 2 old stories:
- that ariel pink insulted her
- that she criticized sophie's stage name??

those are old conflicts that were already solved. fucking move on.

most music made by men is trash though, see: prog rock, various shades of metal, misogyny rap, rape jingles like blurred lines, pretentious wank (see 1, 2) etc etc etc

this

i agree it's getting old but neither of those feuds have been resolved

Okay, here is basically why I used "strawperson" instead: I don't see why things systematically gendered in this particular way and I don't buy into it.

hi james

because people want to fight about irrelevant shit and be bitter. not to mention "call-out culture", so... as long as there are "receipts", heads will roll!

The Ariel one sort of was. This thing with Sophie isn't a feud though.

maybe the second one. but the first one was resolved: ariel apologized for his stupid behaviour.

>This thing with Sophie isn't a feud though.
this. it's wasn't even a feud. sophie didn't bother to reply. just the music press and Sup Forums blew things out of proportion.
grimes was pissed off because a male producer dared to call himself with a female name, hence pretending he's a female producer when those are very rare anyway. she's touchy about this topic (female producers).

>act exactly like Bronies
how? explain your shitty meme opinion.

she went after ariel first. Ariel did nothing wrong.

shes literally just a gender elitist. it's abundantly clear that she thinks women are better than men. (lmao)
>inb4 but she tweeted denying that accusation
if she's being so widely accused of it that she has to publicly defend herself, then there's obviously some truth to it.

she just needs to get off her high horse and actually practice what her "feminism" preaches instead of being such a hypocrite.

although i can kinda see your point.

the term "Strawman" is not a adjective or a title used to describe someone (Like for example: Mailman, Manhole.) Its used purely in the in the way to describe a logical fallacy.

it has no bearing of the specific gender you think it portrays in the word. You wouldn't call a Man o' war Jellyfish a """Person o' war""" Would you?

forgot to tag it

she went first, but she didn't insult him. she just stated a fact. ariel's reaction was exaggerated. it's not the first or the last time when ariel did stupid things.

>daughters
>sun city girls
>girlfriends
>women
>girls
>la femme
>machine girl
>product-era sophie
why are men pretending to be girls the best musicians?

shut up. you don't know the whole story. before accusing her, you better do some research, dimwit.

haha are you mad dude? you must live a pretty exciting life

kek

i'm not mad. i'm just firm.
>you must live a pretty exciting life
you better bet that.

>you don't know the whole story
please enlighten me

>milking some random dead news from someone who completely dropped out of the spotlight

You're just spouting genres you don't like user that's literally not an argument. Most people who make music are not good at it, and if there are more male musicians there are going to be more bad male musicians

sad and pathetic that the op is doing that to resurrect sophie's dead career. no one cares about pc music anymore.
meanwhile, grimes is discussed day in, day out for over 5 years. not a single day without grimes.

i turned myself into a pickle morty

>Strawperson
Filtered

bump

Yeah, BEFORE he decided to become NOT a dude...

Clickbait indeed.

see
also see
The guy was a dude when she said what she said.

she is right, that's really fucked up

>politics in general centres around identity
>this is what identity politics children really think

These are fair points I guess, because there gets to a point where the way things are named inherently makes diverting from that an exercise of mental gymnastics. But there are a lot of things where giving a strawman (which is an object, which the strawman fallacy is named after) a gender seems so silly to me.

Good.

Can you actually name a political ideology that in no way deals with identity?

Who's this trap that Grimes insulted?

wtf I hate grimes now!!

Actually I completely agree, you can't just slap on a wig to soak up the extra credit as being a female producer, its attention whoring and annoying.

It's special snowflake syndrome at its finest "Oh I'm a female producer and trans too so I need to be treated specially and get more attention and money then more talented people because I'm unique.

before Sophie was out as a girl my friend

Yes, liberalism, libertarianism, "most" forms of anarchism (or at least they should but doublethink) non-neoconservatives, most non evangelical republicans don't care about identity politics, some older democrats (although a lot more pretend to like identity games and support whoever can be played for pity points and produce more votes) maoism who rejected it as it undermines potential common bonds among working-class people and leaves underlying class contradictions unaddressed)

You'll notice the groups who are focused the most on identity politics are the worst, that being nazis, marxists, anarchist communists, primitivists, violent white and black nationalists groups, islamic extremists, they all demonize entire groups of people and raise others to an almost faultless point.

>every group mentioned deals with identity

El-Oh-El

was that also before she knew he was always a girl anyways, even though he didn't know it which is probably what caused him to pretend to be one in the first place?

bump

in 5 years we'll realize this whole trans fad was a big mistake

You type like a girl.

GRIMES IS AN ALT RIGHT RACIST NAZI

SPREAD
THE FUCKING
WORD

EZRA

Reminder that not one of you would listen to grimes if she was 300 pounds.

bump2

Would pay money to see this Fader article, especially considering they're the ones who produced the Art Angels documentary.

#Backstabbers

user, she already weighs around 230 pounds on Saturn. So your point is invalid.