Forbes downgrades Theranos from $9B to $800M, says CEO Holmes worth “nothing”

>On Wednesday, Forbes put dollar values to that hit. The business magazine reported that the company’s valuation—based on “a dozen venture capitalists, analysts and industry experts”—has been downgraded from its $9 billion estimate 2014 to just $800 million now. And because Forbes’ valuation of Theranos CEO and founder, Elizabeth Holmes, was based solely on her 50 percent stake in the company, their estimate of her net worth dropped from $4.5 billion to “nothing.”

>“[G]iven the difficulties at Theranos,” Forbes concluded that “Holmes falls off the list of America’s Richest Self-Made Women and off all of FORBES’ other wealth lists.”

arstechnica.com/science/2016/06/forbes-downgrades-theranos-from-9b-to-800m-says-ceo-holmes-worth-nothing/

Who is she and why should I care?

Women can't handle money

She's a dumb cunt who the media held up as proof that women can thrive in tech. When in reality she basically lied about her product and used alredy availiable technology to make it seem as if her product actually worked.

did she insult trump?

I figured that much but who is she? Or is she the spokesperson for "successful women" and doesn't do anything special beyond that?

CEO of Yahoo.

No. CEO of Theranos.

This bitch was portrayed as the next "big thing" in tech in 2003, when she claimed she had revolutionised medical exams to be cheaper and quicker etc.

Found alot of investors and the company was valued at 5-9 billion dollars.

Fast forward, its all a hoax/lies/con apparently and the investors get payed first, so she gets 0.

Not only that, but shes being sued by private citizens for problematic medical tests AND apparently a shitload of agencies are investigating.

>youngest self-made female billionaire

The media was claiming that she was basically the female version of Bill Gates, just because she had a vagina.

She is the CEO of Theranos. She claimed to have invented a machine or process for rapidly testing small ammounts of blood for all sorts of diseases. When in reality it didn't really work and the tests were pretty limited, she then used commercially availiable tech to do the blood tests to make it seem as if they were being done by her machine. Basically she's a lying cunt like all women. I bet her pussy stinks too.

That's pretty funny

More proof that women are paid less than men for the same job. Even billionaire women are not immune.

>Dat thousand cock stare

I am pretty sure about how she got to the top

woops must of been thinking of Marissa Mayer

RIP all the manginas that were using her as their example of a nawalt.

Nawalts do not exist.

>Self-Made Woman
Who is her daddy and how many billions does he have?

She made $4.5 billion with no product, I think it's fair to say she isn't the only one who can't handle money.

>Theranos is an American privately held health-technology and medical-laboratory-services company based in Palo Alto, California. It is under criminal investigation by federal prosecutors and the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Eh, another scam. Seen it with Enron & co.

What's exactly interesting about this case other than it's a woman at the front?

Apparently she managed to sell the idea her company was worth $9 billion which is where the valuation came from. Now people realise it isn't.
Sounds like she's a world class salesman and should have sold all her shares while she had the chance.

How come the Rothschilds or Rockefellers are not on that list???

Behead those who insult the God-Emperor!

because they don't want to alert the normalfaggots into how "The Ultra-Rich" are ultimately just carrying I.O.U's, and the people who actually have all the wealth are the Rothschilds and their Council of 300.

>"I'm rich, my bank account has 10 zeroes in it!"
>"that's nice. I'm the Bank, and with a few actions on my end I can reduce all your "riches" to literally nothing."

Not directly but she did throw a big fund raiser for Hillary so her allegiances are clear.

Have you ever heard her talk? She sounds like a man. If you didn't see her photo, you'd definitely think you were listening to a guy.