need more dark weird psychedelic folk like this please

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0o1YRBitxCo
youtube.com/watch?v=ae5ckJTB5o8
youtube.com/watch?v=QUEuajM4Geg
youtube.com/watch?v=YDMC3LzTLDQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Natural Snow Buildings

Unfortunately there isn't much like Comus. Just treasure that album and try not to over play it.

Natalie Rose Lebrecht - Warraw

not similar at all

This isn't as insane as Comus, much slower, but to me it sounds like a bad mushroom trip in a misty Bavarian forest at night. No drums on the album btw

youtube.com/watch?v=0o1YRBitxCo

Glad I stopped by this board, I found a new band to listen to.

Comus is pretty unique, the vocals are pretty out there.

Some of it sort of reminded me of Hexvessel songs like "I am the ritual" and "Masks of the Universe" and "Woods to Conjure"

Hexvessel's music is slow, though, and less varied than what I just heard by Comus.

You might enjoy some of the music on labels like Hand/Eye Records, or Dark Holler Arts

ill check it out. this is their best song btw

youtube.com/watch?v=ae5ckJTB5o8

and i really like this, some weird polish folk. no where near as crazy as comus but still cool

youtube.com/watch?v=QUEuajM4Geg

Thanks user for recommending a great new/old band like Comus. I just saw their music dates from 1971 and they're long since broke up. Disappointing, briefly thought they were a new creation, oh well.

If you enjoy a lot of varied, experimental vocals and unusual instrumentation in your music, are listening to 1970s or earlier, you may also want to try:

Can - Tago Mago
Harry Partch - any (Chorus of Shadows, etc)

Sadly, the reason that album is so popular is exactly that people can't find anyone like them...but if instead you just look for other bands that were just doing their own thing rather than bands that sound exactly like a band you already know is good, you'll have a much more fruitful search

Like Cromagnon was nothing like Comus in sound but the spirit and brilliance is very similar

I remember I used to label this album a 10/10. It was the first ever album I was truely blown away by.

I know that Mikael from Opeth is a huge fan of Comus, put I can't point out any Opeth songs that sounds similar since I'm not really a fan of his band.

>used to

It is a 10/10 tho

Check prog archives. They have things organized pretty well and there are good recommendations.

>dark
check
>weird
check
>psychedelic
check

Sure, they're not exactly similar, but they check all those boxes

Hapshash & The Coloured Coat - Featuring the Human Host and the Heavy Metal Kids
Sun City Girls - 330,003 Crossdressers From Beyond the Rig Veda
Catherine Ribeiro + Alpes - Paix
Księżyc - Księżyc
Robyn Hitchcock - I Often Dream of Trains
The Trees Community - The Christ Tree

Simon Finn - Pass the Distance

Current 93, Especially Thunder Perfect Mind, Of Ruine and The Inmost Light

youtube.com/watch?v=YDMC3LzTLDQ