All the money in the world

>All the money in the world
>Makes a shit browser to replace an even shittier browser
What the fuck is wrong with Microsoft? Why can't they get this right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3s5o2uWhNe8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fact of the matter is for me chrome is the best browser.

I'd disagree with you if wasn't for Firefox turning into a bigger and bigger shit storm every time they update it.

It does have drawbacks, its also the slowest

This wasn't always the case either. There was a time where Chrome was a joke and Firefox was king.

MS fag here. The whole browser project division is not prioritized. We've basically given up the market for the time being so don't expect anything to improve much. Add your own Edge of ruin, Edge of doom, Edge lords, jokes here. (Most of us use firefox or Opera)

youtube.com/watch?v=3s5o2uWhNe8

hahahah not really no

no i mean chromes slow

Chrome is a slow, ram eating, crashing piece of a privacy nightmare. Who in their right mind would use such a piece of crap?

>running Microsoft
>not linux
>not even mac
>like it's still 1997

>complaining about it sucking giant hair donkey balls

ORLY

Only poorfags run linux

Not really, no... what the actual fuck are you trying to say? Use your words.

Chrome, faggot

so what do you use?

I use Opera. It's got the speed of Chrome but it's less restrictive in customization.

People who have a lot of RAM and don't care about privacy because THEY already know who you are. Resistance is futile. Just enjoy life man.

Old meme is old.
Many portal sites are best supported by IE.
Edge still has the option to launch as IE for comp. View.
I use 3 browser at work, all of them have their uses.
Also, it's 2018, how are you upset about edge NOW?

because the system is free?
you can legally download w10 and use it for 6 months without paying for it, people run linux operating systems because they believe it allows them for greater control, for example with windows everything is pretty much tied together and you cant start removing unwanted or unused system services without something falling appart, on linux you can pretty much chose whatever you want to have running and remove the rest

I know all systems are compromizeable due to meltdown and spectre but last time i checked linux doesn't have the process doppelgänging problem whereas windows does, imagine software or almost an entire operating system running within your system and you have no way of detecting or terminating it, there's more but in general people go with linux because they want security even if that means giving up a lot of other things.

This

It baffles me that even some computer savvy people still use this over Firefox.

this is what outsourcing to india looks like

Same reason why Apple never makes a smartphone that's worth buying. Idiots will still use it, and they will still make money of it, so why bother wasting time trying to make a quality product?

because chrome got the best dev tools, implements new features rapidly (youtube chrome developers) and this leads to all sites being optimized for chrome first. that leads to more marketshare for chrome and again to more devs focusing on chrome.

in my company we optimize webapps for chrome only. other browsers only per request and only if there are many users with that (usually safari users) problem.

RAM hog. I agree. Every time Chrome runs there are at least THREE instances of it running in the background.

>2018
>not having min 16GB RAM

because firefucks goes very far out of its way to become compromised after every ridiculous update that fucks up the interface

I use Brve. It's got the speed of Opera but it's less restrictive in customization & licenses.

The great suspender addon fixed my RAM issues.
For me anyways, Firefox+addons has always booted slowly on first start-up. The same addons never caused issues with Chrome

I can run max 8 gigs on my $100 PC running Win7 Pro.
U mad boy?

I never even get close to using 8

because addon devs focus & optimize for chrome first and treat ff addons as a bargain

well it's not googles problem that you're broke. go make some income, son

With the exception of mobile phones, where Firefox is addon king and chrome can't even do an adblocker

get new laptop/pc
problem solved

Saying Firefox is better is an outdated opinion. They used to be better, but now it's slowly turning into a Chrome-clone and becoming a memory hog. That's why people are either switching over to Opera or Waterfox, which is lightweight but rather slow imo.

chrome is natively blocking bad ads. the days of flashing ads on mobile are over

It's not doing shit except for popups
My point is no uBlock on chrome for smartphones
Which is pretty fucking ridiculous

It's also to do with FF devs either being lazy or just bad programmers.

I hardly use my phone for browsing anyways. I use it for googling shit on the go and Spotify.

Being a browser fanboy went out with goth makeup and flip-phones. I'm using chrome the last few years, I've got 16gb ram so I don't notice it being slow ever and it never crashes on me. I only click on IE in the rare event that something isn't rendering properly in chrome. Haven't tried firefox or opera in ages, maybe I'll give them a try.

Firefox obviously. They're rewriting the whole thing in rust which makes it a lot saver and allows for better software design like the new quantum CSA engine. Performance wise, modern Firefox is about as fast as chromium based browsers and a lot more customizable. Memory usage goes up, but it's not nearly as and as chrome and clearly visible even on ~10 tabs.

Privacy isn't dead, not if you care about it. They still can't force you to give them all your information, you still have to choose to do so. Everybody saying you have no choice is just a lazy fuck lying to himself.

at the end its about the superior devtools. chrome played firefox good. firefox was making over 300 mil a year and didn't reinvest. instead they tried to let some cheap indians build it for free. now you have an indian software and cant do shit because everything sucks. and the speed is pretty good in every browser nowadays. it's about how the browser behaves with 30 tabs open not with 1.

im pretty confident that chrome is still n1 here because it utilized so much RAM.

What chrome basically did was to take so much RAM to push all the poorfags to Firefox and bring in more devs with more space to innovate and build for an audience with more money. therefore optimizing web assets for chrome has a much higher ROI than for FF. Firefox poorfags will hate this but they know I speak the truth.

Actually Brave performs much better than Chrome. But performance isn't even that relevant today, nor is it the only thing that matters to some people. Security and privacy will always be my priority, which is something Blink-based browsers cannot provide.

Chrome is ok if you are a jew
If you aren't a jew Firefox is the best

Mazel Tov!

Edge isn't bad. Still fails to load some JS properly.
Uses less memory and CPU compared to other browsers.
Chrome is absolute RAM hog.
FF has improved since their quantum release.

Brave is fast but it uses by GPU+CPU as well.

Agreed. Using chrome makes you a fucking slave for google