Will there ever be another Mars Volta?

Will there ever be another Mars Volta?

no because the cultural moment they existed in no longer exists.

de-loused still bangs. Drunkship of Lanterns is good driving music.

I've only listened to deloused and frances
I love deloused and it's one of my fave album, and I didn't really like frances at all, should I bother with the rest of their discography?

They only become more eccentric. Frances is legit a masterpiece.

more eccentric? yeah maybe not for me
I do need to give frances another listen though because I thought deloused was alright on first listen but on second/third I loved it

What do you mean? Another prog rock band that modernizes prog? I hope so.

approximately half of amputechture is good, namely tetragrammaton, viscera eyes, mechamputechture, and Day of the Baphomets

bedlam is pretty consistently even norhing stand out on it imo

octahedron sucks ass

noctourniquet is actually really good and underappreciated

I love the Bedlam in Goliath, give that a try. For me

Maybe you can check out Octahedron and Noctorniquet which are their popier albums. But Bedlam and Amputechture are far more disjointed and wankier

omar is an insufferable faggot, so hopefully no.

what happened to cedric's voice? in.ter.a.lia is a tough listen cuz he's gotten worse

also, what happened to anywhere?

alright well everyone is telling me different things so I'm more lost than before

I'll just listen in order and try and power through them all

btw eriatarka is the best song on deloused

they'll be back soon, after ATDI's done touring

don't get too excited about it though, omar is old, cedric's voice is shot, ikey is dead, no more juan, probably no jon since he's with QOTSA now, also they haven't been doing drugs since i dunno. i love TMV but i'm not too sure on the reunion so far 2bh

Well I would personally love them back but just for a tour. But thats jot going to happen, Tmv is dead, they didnt even had to do interalia with atdi. Theres a lot to listen, and then you have Omar solo work, and Bosnian Rainbows, and once you finished listen to all then listen again.

Eva Gardner was the original bassist though.

slightly off topic but the full version of Frances the Mute (with the title track added to the beginning) is literally a 10/10 album

Eriatarka is so so so so good

>NOW I'M LOOOOOOOST

He got fat

wtf happened to them?

*helicopter sound*