Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coin_flipping
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Smart enough to know this is bait

If u know one landed heads, its 50/50

There are people who will insist it's 1/3

There are also people who insist that the Monty Hall Paradox is 50/50

Retard detected.

There are 3 ways to get at least 1 heads coin for a 2 coin flip.

HH
HT
TH

HH is 1 of those 3

1/3

Technically, it's still 1/4 tho

There's a guaranteed H. That means there's only one coin under any uncertainty

it's 50/50

Thats exactly my point. If you 100% KNOW one will land heads, only 1 coin matters

What is 50% of 50%?

>protip: It's not 1/3

"Technically" its 1/4 cuz it cant change but if u know, you could say its 50/50

You're retarded if you think its HH HT and TH. You flip the tails around but dont flip the heads around. Its HH, HH, HT, TH, making it 50/50. Also, previous coins do not matter in the statistic. There is no way a previous coinflip impacts the odds of this flip, making it 50/50 every time. If you flip heads 9 times in a row, the probability the last one will be heads is still 50/50 because there is no possible way a previous coin can impact the outcome of this flip.

P(heads) = 1/2
two heads, two coins, c1 is already heads.
thus: P=c1*c2=1*(1/2)= 1/2

Therefore the chance is 1/2 or 50%

EZ, 50%

HT = TH faggot

Half, was this supposed to be hard?

It's 50% those guys are just degenerates

Fpbp

The answer is 1/3.

Monty Hall Problem isn't a paradox you dopey cunt. It's basic probability and you should always switch.

If you understand that you should always switch then you should understand that it's 1/2

Morons detected

1/3

If one of the coins will 100% land heads, and the other one has a 50% chance to land heads, it's a 50% chance of both being hands since the first coin is certain to land heads. I know this is bait, but I wanted to make this clear in case someone actually believes that the answer is 1/3.

What is the probability that you might someday stop repetitively posting this trivial problem over and over again ?

Do you get some sort of "buzz" from it ?

.....or maybe you think it is "entertaining" ?

I "confused it with the assumption that one heads already landed". Stop getting so pissed over maths

If each slot gets its own designation then it would be

HH
HH
HT
TH

50/50

you should understand that it's a 1/3 you dumb nigger.

Flip 2 coins. there are 4 equally probable outcomes possible.
HH
HT
TH
TT

At least 1 landed heads. That rules out the TT possibility only. The other 3 outcomes are all still possible and EQUALLY probable

HH
HT
TH

1/3

>since the first coin is certain to land heads.

Incorrect reasoning. First coin could be tails and second coin heads

Answer to your scenario = 1/2

Answer to OP = 1/3

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coin_flipping

A coin flip is literally defined as tossing a coin in the air and seeing what side is facing up

If one is guaranteed heads then that's not a coin flip

Try it in the real world

Set coin 1 as heads, flip coin 2

Set coin 2 as heads, flip coin 1

It's 50/50

Its 50/50 for both coins, the result of one doesnt influence the probability of the other coin. tard.

>listing HH twice

You really are a fucking retard.

Well shit now I feel dumb. So basically the outcomes of two coins flips are HH HT TH TT but since one of them is H, that means TT isn't a possible outcome, so we're left with HH HT TH, in other words, 1/3. Fuck me...

>Listing TH twice

That projection though

wow i think Sup Forums has made me comfortable with these images. is this photoshop though bc it doesn't look as bad as the typical ones

>If one is guaranteed heads then that's not a coin flip

No specific coin is guaranteed heads. " regular coins were flipped and at least 1 landed heads. It wasn't guaranteed to land heads and it could be either coin.

You're fixing a specific coin. OP question does not fix any coin.

There are 3 ways to get at least 1 heads for a 2 coin flip bro. Whether you like it or not.

1/3

Stay in school

samefag

>No specific coin is guaranteed heads.

But one is guaranteed heads. That means there's only one coin that's not certain

A coin flip is 50/50

TH and HT are 2 separate and distinct outcomes you simpleton.

Use a penny and a quarter to understand why.

You could have

penny=heads and quarter=tails
or
penny=tails and quarter=heads
or
both coins are heads

1/3 bitch
1/3

Given all the data supplied: 50%

About that...

Or maybe he's not retarded and just understood a basic probability question which you are too dumb to grasp even with fucking diagrams explaining it kek

No they're not

It's one heads and one tails. There is no designation

He thinks it's 1/3 so that's not an option

>you should understand that it's a 1/3 you dumb nigger.
Fuckhat: HT and TH are the same result.

No dumbass. "At least 1" coin landed heads in a 2 coin flip.

3 equally probable outcomes satisfy this condition

HH
HT
TH

In stupid language for retards like you: it could be any of those 3 outcomes and they are all equally likely

Hh is 1 of those 3

1 of 3

1/3

1/4
Come at me

There are 4 possible outcomes, 3 of them have at least one head, 1 of the 3 has both. 33.33%.

The designation was for your benefit you retard. To help you understand why HT is NOT the same as TH.

I underestimated just how fucking mentally deficient you are and failed to explain it to you on your mental level.

Maybe this picture will help you understand.

1/3

You are given the assumption that at least one coin landed heads; thus, the only variable is the probability of ONE coin. Now morons, do the math and come back at me.

>You are given the assumption that at least one coin landed heads; thus, the only variable is the probability of ONE coin.
Hey, batshit: You are given the assumption that at least one coin landed heads; thus, the only variable is the probability of ONE coin. What a 'tard!

>thus, the only variable is the probability of ONE coin.
Incorrect. Either coin can be tails. Just not both simulataneously. therefore both coins are variable.

>do the math and come back at me.

Ok. Pic Related complete with Venn Diagram and Bayes' theorem solution

1/3

no it's not. the action has already been taken. I'm leaving this thread now before I start to smell like bait.

No, you're wrong you retarded nigger.
Your IQ must be lower than 130 you fucking sandnigger shit.

Eh try again retard.

Read this

It's 1/2. "given that at least one of them landed heads" therefore the other coin has a 50/50 chance of landing on heads and having them both land on heads. Source: 200iq (self-determined)

I think you're actually stupid and not just trolling.

I feel bad about making fun of you now.

oh look this shit again

Stay in school Mr. Mensa

Yeah but out of the second two, heads is already guaranteed in one slot

That means 0 uncertainty there

Try it yourself

Put coin one as heads, flip coin two 100 times and see how many times you get tails or heads

Put coin two as heads, flip coin one etc.

>>thus, the only variable is the probability of ONE coin.
>Incorrect. Either coin can be tails. Just not both simulataneously. therefore both coins are variable.
Repeat for the retarded, you are given the assumption, [not a PROBABILITY] that ONE COIN CERTAINLY, NO DOUBT, NO 50/50 chance, landed HEADS, thus, the ONLY probability and variable is ONE fucking coin, you fucking 'tard!

25%

>Put coin one as heads, flip coin two 100 times and see how many times you get tails or heads

This is not the same as the OP scenario. In your scenario 1 of the coins cannot be tails. In OP scenario EITHER coin could be tails just not both at the same time.

Do you understand the difference?

Your scenario would be 1/2

OP question is 1/3.

At least 1 coin landed heads moron.

3 equally probable outcomes satisfy that condition

HH
HT
TH

1/3

Cry moar.

Just run the experiment

There's no way to get a coin to always land on heads by flipping. That means you have to manually set it as heads

It's 1/2

keking at the triggered retard who got upset when he realized the answer really is 1/3 and now he's gore-posting like a raging autist

kek

>Just run the experiment

Ok boyo.

Well look at that

1/3

Just run the experiment

It's 50/50

>Just run the experiment

I did.

1/3

>given that the first coin always landed heads
1/2