Last month was my first mushroom trip. It was wonderful...

Last month was my first mushroom trip. It was wonderful. I was in nature and saw pretty visuals and had intense thoughts.

My question is, how can I get the most out of my next trip? I want to have an enlightening experience, not just “see pretty things lol.” What am I supposed to do?

P.S. I am extremely lightweight and I will not take more than 2 grams, so don’t recommend me to eat more. I ate 1.5 grams and tripped very hard. I know my body and that’s enough for me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U2bNXrVubrE
hopkinsmedicine.org/news/media/releases/single_dose_of_hallucinogen_may_create_lasting_personality_change
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It’s all about “set and setting” - i.e. make sure you’re in the right mindset and in a comfortable, familiar and safe place.

also look into what it means to take a “heroic dose”. you’ll thank me later.

Thanks. I know what a heroic dose is. I am not going to do that. The majority of people who have had enlightening experiences on shrooms did eat a heroic dose.

I love you

youtube.com/watch?v=U2bNXrVubrE

Bumping for interest.

cool - good luck dude!

Take 5 grams. Lock your keys away somewhere and turn out the lights and lay down on your back somewhere. Consider yourself enlightened

I'd say do a heroix dose alone, and in a dark room. I did the 3rd time I tripped shrooms, and it's changed me to the point that I can't recognize myself anymore.

It was a very rough and bad trip, but damned it was it worth it. I would wish it for everyone that dares to take it "further" and want to let go of this mortal coil

Soak an 1/8 in lemon juice for 30 minutes. Makes the experience longer and a bit faster of a climb. Also if you smoke pot, pack a bowl for throughout the day hits. Oh and music is key, gotta keep the party goin all day. :) HAVE FUN

>it's changed me to the point that I can't recognize myself anymore.

How did it change you? What do you mean?

There is no such thing as an enlightening trip. It will mean as much or as little as you think it does.
t. been there done that

I'm way more positive about myself and other peoples lives, it made me realise I had to stop doing drugs to escape my reality, it made me comfortable with my disease... and just made me take better care of myself in terms of diet and hygiene and such. Before I did the trip I was pretty much a snotty punk wanting to get rid of the world, now I'm in love with the world and what it has to offer, and if not, I saw that cosmos will envelop me when I die and reuse my atoms for good.

It's hard to explain, it's something that needs to be experienced

I guess you haven't tripped that hard if you can speak like that

Take them at home at night. Once they start kicking in turn off all the lights a lay in bed with your eyes closed. You'll really blast of that way. Also, in my opinion, the real benefit from mushrooms comes from going inward. Theres a whole other world in there and if your out walking around or whatever its much more difficult to access.

You'll also want to take as much as u can stand. 1.5g is an appropriate dose if you're going to be out and about in nature, but to have an "enlightening experience" you'll need to get closer to a "heroic dose" (5 dried grams according to terence mckenna (i never go over 3.5)). At larger doses its better to lie down in the comfort of your home and let your mind drift off into visions.

I've done 1000+ ug several times. The most you can get out of such an experience is a new perspective.

And that paradigm shift, isn't that something wonderful ? You just push it off the day after instead of being guided

Thank you user.

>the real benefit from mushrooms comes from going inward.
What do you mean by this? Can you explain?

also this. this will make the trip shorter but more intense. google lemon tek for more info.

It's not wonderful, at best it's enjoyable. You're just as likely to be "guided" into doing stupid shit as into improving yourself.

I have heard of a lot of people joining Hare Krishna or other cults after a heavy trip... but they had flirted with it before they did the trip. If you just do it by yourself, I don't see any harm in following what you learn about yourself. You just have to keep shamans and gurus out of the picture

If you're saying "enlightenment" is too strong of a word I agree. tripping isn't some magic bullet or panacea. Theres a lot of selfish assholes that have tripped a ton and remained selfish assholes.

That being said, there are definitely some real benefits to tripping: a broadened perspective, a greater sense of connection to the universe, increased openness, etc.

Drugs are drugs. I did 9.5g of shrooms once. Good times. Did not get enlightened, only got high.

The very first time I tripped I ate 3.5 at 120 pounds. Changed my life. 1.5 isn't enough to have the experience you want but some good herb and music always helps.

What do you mean by increased openness"?

How did it change your life user?

hopkinsmedicine.org/news/media/releases/single_dose_of_hallucinogen_may_create_lasting_personality_change

"Lasting change was found in the part of the personality known as openness, which includes traits related to imagination, aesthetics, feelings, abstract ideas and general broad-mindedness."

I think the above is true for me personally. Not like majorly, but I do think I'm slightly more "open", as defined above, thanks to mushrooms. I've been taking them once or twice a year for the last five years or so.

It was my first semester of college, had never done anything more extreme than take a couple perc 10s at once at that point. My roommate (also lifelong best friend) discovered the guy we got weed from also had shroomies. Looking back that batch was some of the best I've ever eaten. We got a quarter and split it in half and made peanut butter and mushroom sandwiches. Our room was super chill had everything set up just like we wanted it, black lights colorful trophy posters, good music, great weed. We munched those sammiches down and sat back and smoked a bowl not sure what to expect. After no more than 20 minutes we both looked at each other and started laughing and realized things were a little wavy. 20 minutes after that we were both laid out in our own little worlds. Right before I started peaking the sudden realization of life hit me. How much my family loved me and had done for me, how great my life had really been and was. Almost immediately my ego broke and when I say broke it shattered. I felt like a new person, like my stagnant soul had been washed clean. The change was so dramatic people commented on how weird I was acting for days after. I just finally saw love for what it was bro and since that day I have done my best to show everyone I know just how great it is to love and be loved.

Thank you

Chill story. Beautiful actually.

Anyone else suffer extreme laghing when they do shrooms? I can't stop laughing like a fucking madman no matter what I do.

Yea, especially on the come-up, which is super common. But the laughing usually stops around the time I realize I need to go lay down. Then I turn off the lights, close my eyes, and blast off.

go swimming! is not enlightening but really fun