Why are you an alcoholic?

Why are you an alcoholic?
>it makes me feel nostalgic
>it makes me feel less stressed
Also
>what are you drinking Sup Forums

Not an alcoholic anymore, made me fat and dumb so i got my shit together.

Used to drink scotch all the time (easy to come by where i'm from). Helped with stress and horrible social anxiety... always used to say and do stupid stuff tho.

I've gained 20 pounds because of alcohol, it sucks

Same, I drink too much beer and I've ended up with a gut because of it.

I only drink when I have weed to mix it with. Really makes for a fun time.

Same. I live in a craft beer area and am subjected to high cal beers. I drink a lot of ipas
I like to smoke first before I drink. It's fun for me to feel myself getting drunk... as weird as that sounds

Same here. I gotta smoke before drinking or else I green out pretty hard. The killer spins man, they get ya hard.

I drink 7-10 beers per day... helps me relive the stress and not punch most of the people around me in the face

Yeah man. I feel like weed helps me keep myself in check with alcohol. If I get high first then drink, I don't black out. If I drink with no weed, I may black out. If I drink then drink, I'll for sure black out

Drink then smoke* excuse my drunk ass

I feel like I know my limit if I drink after smoking Sup Forumsro

Drinking rum atm but idk if I would call myself an alcoholic, I drink a bottle of vodka a week but I don't feel like I need it to function, I just enjoy being drunk more than being sober.

Maybe some would say I'm on the path to becoming an alcoholic if i'm not careful.

If by a bottle, you mean a fifth, youre okay. A fifth is 17 shots. Downing that in a week is responsible.

But yeah, it's a slippery slope man

I've lost 20lbs since I started drinking liquor almost every night.

Makes me eat less.

Lighter fluid

I think there's a fine line between binge drinking and alcoholism, I imagine an alcoholic to be someone that has to drink every day or so to function but I've been drinking at least a fifth of vodka a week for the last 5 years, sometimes all in one night sometimes throughout the week.

The most I've ever drunk in a week has been 3 bottles of vodka around the holidays, obviously that's extremely unhealthy but I still wouldn't class myself as an alcoholic.

Idk maybe my drunkenness has confused me. But I agree. I know my limit much better if I smoke first

It makes me feel less lonely

> I'm an Alcholic because it helps me forget About all My Mistakes
> Remy Martin Is My drink of choice
> Currently outside of an AA meeting waiting for it to start
> Might go to 2 more after so I won't drink over getting fired a few hours ago
> might smoke some bud haven't decided yet

Good for you for not drinking beer

Drinking natural light just cause it’s cheap, like craft beers and ipa and drink blue moon every once in a while

I’m not I got the cure from an AA meeting.

You have a problem, just surrender yourself to your higher power and accept it

Bait

J&B scotch and a couple pabsts

functional alcoholic here. get up in the morning, work my ass off all day then drink all night. wash rinse repeat. do it because life is a fuckin' bitch, might as well have fun!

carlsberg, heinekin, becks, other european shit i cannot pronounce..

i can't figure what else to do in the evenings..

How do you do that every night? How old are you? Don't you feel rough as fuck in the morning? I'm 26 and I couldn't drink every day, maybe when I was younger.

Not bait. Just trying to help out a fellow alcoholic by servicing him even though I’m just on step 3.

Because when I stop i get health problems. Currently tapering off actually

it's routine.. you get used to it..

hooked up with my girl years ago.. it's just what we do now.. work hard/play hard.. there's no secret to it... just wake your ass up in the morning and keep going..

oh sorry, 34.

Gain tolerance
Shakes?
I understand this

gotta pay bills.. gotta afford the habit.. gotta keep the good times rollin'... there's no stopping..

i wont even get into the weed abuse side of things...

maybe the secret is eating healthy, going to the gym and eating more?? or drinking tons of water? idk. i just keep going.

I have tolerance, I can drink a fuck load in one night but I can't do it two nights on the trot, I just feel like death when I drink the next day.

Today will hopefully be my first day in months without drinking. I blew fucking 400$ over the weekend on food and booze and it is driving me crazy. Last night, I tried to avoid drinking, next thing I know I am black out drunk smoking weed with a stranger behind a pizza place.

Sounds fun

Gave it up four years ago cold turkey and never looked back. Drove my car into a ditch and talked my drunk ass out of a DUI in front of every damn cop in the county. Woke up the next morning and decided the party was over. Oh the temptation hits once in a while but it's not so bad. Just gotta find a way to relax that doesn't involve alcohol. To anyone in this thread contemplating giving it up: do it, you have the power. To anyone who has given it up and trying to walk a straight line: keep on keeping on, one day, one hour, one motherfuckin moment at a time.

the trouble here is that you decided to get behind the wheel after drinking. See, functional alcoholics know better than to do this... Functional alcoholics know there's no place like home.