merriam-webster.com/dictionary/renascence
thefreedictionary.com/renascence
dictionary.com/browse/renascence
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Belle was a cutie

me too user, me too

t. cuck

>WHOLESOME
ha ha ha, not until Disney rises from the grave and purges his executive board.

the CG jew is here to stay
only the french and japanese still have any real 2D animation capability left

This is our best bet. IIRC, the tech is still too expensive/new to make a feature film out of, but give it a few years and we may see a "2D" renascence.

3D looks like shit but I wouldn't even mind that as much if they didn't have the same stupid faces with the same stupid smirk all the time.

I'd take it at this point I suppose.

I think my issue with 3D is it lacks the the heart of 2D, which you could actively see the human element in.

Also it feels like 3D lacks the same coherent art style.

I totally get what you're saying

>I think my issue with 3D is it lacks the the heart of 2D, which you could actively see the human element in.
I used to agree with your opinion but 3D is just another way of visualizing ideas, there are plenty of different styles that can be made with it (not to mention long hours of hard work), it's only a tool. Dismissing it entirely is silly.

I'm not dismissing it entirely, I just think it's more obvious in 3D how much the design is by committee. It feels more soulless because there's no physical human involvement in the same way.

It's too perfect, in a weird way.

that artstyle looks atrocious catshit

I will always stand by this. The 4 Walt Disney movies that he made Pre-WWII were the pinnacle of his works.

Fantasia and Pinnochio, which came out in the SAME YEAR produced fine animation and art. IMO WWII really destroyed the momentum Walt had, and he never fully recovered

>1940
>Pre WW2

>What is US Involvement in WWII
Pinnochio was his last big movie before everyhing got rationed for war and budgets slashed. His shorts dont count.

He means before the US entered the war. After Pearl Harbour a lot of artists at the company left to join the war.

Agreed, I find the 3D kid's movies incredibly ugly. That same ridiculous facial style, that fugly plastic skin texture...

They put millions into animating hair/fur or snow, but the rest looks like absolute garbage.

kids likes the 3d more. it's here to stay
3d looks like toys. there's more motion. it's much more tactile and there's more materiality to everything. 2d is abstract in comparison

This. Those two movies were the height of Walt Disney and the height of western animation. Fantasia especially.

3D animation was heavily pushed by Jews.

Incredible

I highly reccomend the book Lost Notebook of Schultheis or whatever, it has amazing photos and sketches of pre-wwii disney works

well the west now infested with "strong women" character,
Im not saying it's bad to have strong female but it's everywhere in cartoon movies with their empower pose

See, that picture sums up what I mean about 2D having more human interaction.

I don't know

Stop motion = best.

wow

That wasn't the problem, it was that the war destroyed the European and Asian markets. That and the disappointing box office of Fantasia and Pinocchio forced him to make lower budget films aimed at the South American audience. The money never really recuperated once he did roughly the same with less

There was also the issue post-war of him refusing to let his workers unionize, so they just quit and formed all his primary competition

I like 3D. I think people forget the downsides of 2D, all you need to do is rematch the jungle book

this is so beautiful

This.

No matter what, 3D animation will never look organic. A still 3D model can look organic, but once movement is applied to it, it is almost immediately obvious that it's a pile of computer code. The static contours of the cheek, or hand, or upper/lower limb, which never vary in shape as they pivot and rotate, for instance, make it clear that it was created more by numbers than by human hand.

2D will always be more organic the more hand-drawn-and-animated it is.

that isn't a downside of 2D, it's the downside of being a cheapskate and xeroxing everything

Degenerate

the 3d looks a thousand times better

Princess and the Frog bombed so you won't ever be seeing 2d again.

because the Dreamworks Face doesn't work as well in 2d

my fucking dick that's really good

they can do this with computers and shit right?

Imagine being the overworked hack animator who is tasked with doing the same fucking face over and over again.

not really

>WHOLESOME 2D KIDS MOVIES
Ah yeah...

amazing Mattes

Anyone who says "LOL BRING BACK 2D ANIMATION" doesn't understand how much work goes into it.
3D is used because it's fast and can get movies out quicker.
Plus, the technology used back then to create those movies is impossible to use in the modern era.

3D models are cheaper to produce and easier to manipulate so changes are also cheaper.

Sadly it's just economics and studio politics that dictate 3D animation being here to stay.

Hand-drawn is dead.
As 3D gets cheaper and more accessible, expect all new animated shows to be fully 3D. Even shit like Simpsons has gone all-in with 3D backgrounds, vehicles etc. The same with anime (which was the last bastion of hand-drawn robots and the like. Now they're all 3D).
Studios care about timely results, not making a visual masterpiece that will stand the test of time. 3D ages like milk but who cares if it actually sells units?

Learning 2D animation takes decades to master. 3D is accessible to anyone with a laptop, and gives you automated shaders, hair physics, rigging etc. And it doesn't matter that it looks shitty because it's new, and to modern viewers new is objectively better than old shit and always will be.

I want this animation back again.

>this was made almost 60 years ago
what the fuck happened?

There are still anime studios dedicated to hand drawn animation, like Bones, Kyoani, and some Sunrise branches, but sadly the CGI meme is being pushed especially hard in Japan right now.
Berserker really got fucked hard.

Literally untrue since Disney tried to make 2D movies again starting with Princess and the Frog and it flopped. The current audiences don't want to watch 2D movies.

>renascence
It's renaissance, dumbo.

>Princess and the Frog
>Budget: $105 Million
>Gross: $267 Million

>Frozen:
>Budget: $150 Million
>Gross: $1.276 Billion

Gee, I wonder why 3D is the staple of Disney now.

How dare you filthy goyim.
You know nothing you stupid goyim.

In the anime industry xeroxing was considered an improvement because it allowed preserving the original linework of the animators (and saved time and labor). But I've seen people say it was a bad development in American animation.

Fully 3D anime is a rarity. There's only a few per year. Backgrounds are a combination of digital painting and 3D modelling, but hand-painted backgrounds are still used too.

>(((Disney))) purposefully made the last 2D movie about niggers so it would flop giving them a reason to lay off all the hand-drawn animators and stick to 3D only

Not fair, Princess and the Frog had a nigress bringing the sales down

Watch some Russian toon instead then

I was more bothered by its unmemorable soundtrack and lack of any good songs. Everything else was far superior to Frozen.

They just don't want to watch black people

Princess and the Frog flopped because of when it was released, and because of marketing issues.

Also the fact that a movie marketed as this neat 1920's deep south fairy tale ended up with its African American lead a frog for most of the movie, and taking place in the swamp most of the time too.

Basically, the setting and concept were totally wasted for a plot that wasnt really that fantastic and didnt really utilize it.

Frozen also had much better marketing, and came hot on the tails of Tangled, (with the same art style) which was a massive hit.

speaking of marketing, they learned from the Princess and the Frog, that having the word "princess" or "queen" in the title makes people think it's for girls, which is why theyve gone instead with the dreamworks-esque marketing of descriptive single word titles like "Tangled" or "Frozen" instead of "Rapunzel" or "The Snow Queen"

Any show with robots seems to be the main offenders, but holy shit the CGI in that berserk movie made me mad. Is it just to save money or are those fuck faces going through what the US went through in the late 90s with cgi in movies?

>Princess and the Frog flopped because of when it was released
>releasing next to FUCKING AVATAR

I mean, it's no surprise it didnt do well, but it seemed stupid to blame 2D animation when the real reason was clearly that it got overshadowed by a blockbuster.

Winnie the Pooh was also released the same exact day as the last Harry Potter movie, at which pint I can only assume Disney is actually retarded and planned it to fail so people would stop asking them about 2D

renascence is an alternate spelling for renaissance

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/renascence
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/renascence
thefreedictionary.com/renascence
dictionary.com/browse/renascence