Discuss.

give me one (1) good reason to listen to miles davis

hardmode try not to make me claw my eyeballs out with cringe

>calls bebop pop music
fuck off

it's relaxing

it's pretty cool as background music

All jazz is pop though.

Well, how long have you been studying music theory?

controversial

What about third stream?

Listen to Get Up With It. I've only listened to bitched Brew and Kind Of Blue a few times each, and didn't get them I guess(they're just boring albums lol), but this album isn't something you need to think about or think of in relation to when it was released. Pretend it was released yesterday, doesn't matter, THIS, imo is as good as people promised those 2 boring albums would be.

Revolver is missing

Pet Sounds is overrated as a pop album, and lack anything by The Beatles makes you miss the mark drastically. Though I do enjoy that you're going with the technical definition of pop, even if the colloquial and more cultural term would probably be better.

In terms of GOAT pop, Pet sounds has to be on any list. In the same way Citizen Kane has to be on the list for GOAT films. it really was a revolutionary album that inspired arguably the best album of the 60s.
I don't agree with OPs list, but calling pet sounds "overrated" is criminal.

I mean, it's still fantastic, but I'd put it at the tail end of GOAT pop rather than front end.

ok computer isn't pop, pet sounds is. Calling ok computer pop is like not recognizing that alt rock is a term or genre

Ahem.

Smile > Pet Sounds

In this context, pop refers to "Popular Music", i.e, music that is not "academic music" (classical or experimental) or traditional folk music

He's black

You're not racist, are you user?

Smile is a more essential album.

There is nothing like Dark Magus in this world, user. It's truly something special.