Elon Musk believes we are probably characters in some advanced civilization's video game

>mfw it's likely we live in a simulation
>mfw it means religion was 100% right

>there IS a creator
>we come from intelligent design
>we were made in his image (notice how most ayy lmaos in movies are pretty much humanoids? it's likely that if aliens created us, they made us look similar to them)
>God (i.e. the guy who created the simulation) is watching

Gets even freakier if you imagine that the past might not even have existed. Nobody currently alive has seen the 1700s. The past/history could have been "hardcoded" into the simulation, maybe the simulation has only been running for a few centuries.

Archived link since it's Vox: archive.is/A3uD7

Other urls found in this thread:

technologyreview.com/s/418445/first-evidence-that-quantum-processes-generate-truly-random-numbers/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse
youtube.com/watch?v=t_RwcGzGurc&t=1535s
youtube.com/watch?v=t_RwcGzGurc&t=1535s.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_suicide_and_immortality
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boltzmann_brain
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

HOLY SHIT

ELON MUSK

WTF

WHO IS THIS SUPER GENIUS

WHAT ELSE DOES HE KNOW

TELL US MORE GENIUS MUSK

WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK

WHY IS THE SKY BLUE

My player needs get a lot fucking better then.

Man, I wished the guy who created me had spent a little more time on character creation.

I did DMT once and I thought exactly this

And there's not one piece of evidence to believe this, you're all just neckbeards who play video games too much.

Wish my player would pay for a stat reroll :(

So you think elon musk is a prophet? Or is he your god?

Why the fuck does his stupid opinion matter?

>mfw this is the best they could do

>tfw no npc waifu

>still can't account for who created the creator

Elon musk gets high and figures out the same shit I do, but I get called a stoner and "psychologically retarded".

They're just words man, signposts to the truth man.

All hail the prime cpu.

well he says there is a 1 in a billion chance we AREN'T sinumlation so he does have that religious fervor thing going on

>advanced civilization

This is the same thing all religions have been saying. Silicon Valley nerds are just replacing god(s) with technology / aliums.

>god created the universe
>advanced ai created the universe

two ways of looking at the same thing

I've always felt like this was a simulation of some kind. For all I know when I "die" I wake up. This reality might not even resemble the real one, it wouldn't have to if I had no knowledge of the real one.

I've also often wondered if some people aren't literally NPCs and have no consciousness. It's how I try to rationalize the amount of suffering certain people experience. I like to think that my existence was something I opted into, and that one can't just be thrust into suffering without having a say so.

If this were true it would mean that:

1) Memories of past lives = glitch in the system.

2) Reincarnation = when a spoiled brat dies and pays for his character to come back.

3) We're lab rats.

4) Worrying about the past is pointless.

5) The devil is the good guy because he wants to let people be free as opposed to living under a tyrant.

Agree, there's no evidence for it.

>tfw you don't know how to change the setting to tutorial mode

HAS ANYONE FIGURED OUT HOW TO USE HACKS? I DON'T WANT TO BE ON CHALLENGE MODE ANYMORE.

> tfw stuck in a bioware game

It doesn't necessarily mean any of that, in this belief system you don't know the motivation of the creators. You don't know if we're the creators even, you don't know if our advanced selves aren't playing video game characters (us)

>And there's not one piece of evidence to believe this

If you believe that simulation of detailed universes is possible, then it seems inevitable that you have to accept that we are probably in one.

And there is some indication that computers will eventually be that powerful.

>The past/history could have been "hardcoded" into the simulation, maybe the simulation has only been running for a few centuries.
How do you know the past exists at all? They could play for just a nanosecond, freeze the universe, save the "game," delete the old universe and move it one nanosecond forwards.

I think that the simulation hypothesis is total junk btw, just to put it out there.

Yeah DMT really permanently alters your perception of reality I must say, almost makes you take it less seriously. All I can say is everything seems less real and more dreamlike/artificial.

>yfw you will never wake up from this nightmare that is your life

That would explain spree shooters.
Someone turns off autonomous mode.

>EVERYHTING POINTS TO GOD EVEN IF THEY DONT
Fucking delusional single minded religious idiots.

If this is a simulation then there may be a way to control it. What if we could be like Neo from the Matrix and learn Kung Fu?

Can we get an admin here to ban CURRENT_YEAR420? He's ruining the server for everyone else.

god can just mean creator

Just to throw some more cold water on the idea, we already know of things in the real world that cannot be simulated by a computer program.

technologyreview.com/s/418445/first-evidence-that-quantum-processes-generate-truly-random-numbers/

underrated post

>Agree, there's no evidence for it.
Statistics. There's 1 real world and almost countless real-life videgames in it. So our chances to be in a game are astronomically high.

oy vey are we really having this thread again like come on man stop being so unoriginal.

>Implying you're not some randomly created "npc"

This is the type of shit I would think about on mushrooms and then cry.

Its silly though

Occam's Razor. Therefore you're sperging.

kek

>there's 1 real world
That we know of.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse

here's how it works faggots:

>if a simulation is possible and most civilizations get to the point where they can run a simulation, it is almost certain that we are in a simulation
>if a simulation is possible but no civilization can run one, this is a candidate for a great filter
>if a simulation is not possible, that's that

Man, if reality really is a simulation, I'm going to hit myself once I wake up for turning on fucking Hardcore mode. (Schizoid Personality Disorder ahoy cunts)

>mfw Star Ocean 3 was right all along

>Statistics. There's 1 real world and almost countless real-life videgames in it. So our chances to be in a game are astronomically high.

Those two ideas do not correlate.

Now count in the development of processors.

If this really is a simulation then I have to wonder why I would choose to play a game about being good at video games and nothing else.

But does the simulation have to simulate those or does it only have to simulate that article for you to read?

Has/pol/ ever experienced a glitch in the matrix?

I remember when the gorilla killing became news and I saw the kid was white clearly. Come back to/pol/ and the kid was black.

Of course general Bernstein/ bernstain

This is also what Scott Adams believes.
I mean, there's really no way to fully dispute the possibility.
I wonder how many simulations in we are

Explains all the social justics

Chances are if we are in a simulation it's not a digital one. People keep thinking simulation = digital = video game.
There can be chemical simulations, simulations have been done using only cells before. It's a different sort of simulation but I imagine the world is just as real as you think real can be, it's simply a physical simulation created by a surreal nigh-incomprehensible universe above physical standards.

Maybe their digital is our physical. Atoms are their coding language, quarks their binary, ect.
Isn't it weird to think of it like that when you truly do think about it?

Why am I on lives = 1? Fuck this hardmode.

Simulation theory already retreating into God of the Gaps territory?

>I wake up

sorry, friend, were all NPCs here. when the game turns off were gone.

THis fag is not the first person to suggest this.

Not his theory
This dude is a whole lot more interesting, He has traveled the digital world musk talks about.
youtube.com/watch?v=t_RwcGzGurc&t=1535s
youtube.com/watch?v=t_RwcGzGurc&t=1535s.

You're now a fallen.
Do not look this up.

Mandela effect
>Mandela effect
Mandela effect
>Mandela effect
Mandela effect
>Mandela effect
Mandela effect
>Mandela effect
Mandela effect
>Mandela effect
Mandela effect
>Mandela effect

That means that all our memes are really generated for the pleasure of the advanced civilization players.

I hope you enjoy them! Now stop watching me masturbate to weird shit

How do you know that it's only one life?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_suicide_and_immortality

If we're all certain we can create human-like AI some day, then it's pretty obvious somebody did it already. That could be us. WOOOOOAHHH

Did you steal this from me cunt?

We could also be in an ancestor simulation mind you.

If we at some point could gather enough processing power and figure out an algorithm corresponding to the general process of reality (a Theory of Everything really), we could simulate a small area of space with almost complete accuracy from a set of initial factors.

It's possible, nobody at all is stating that simulation of a given area of space is impossible, they're saying it's hard as fuck and at the moment is limited by power and data points to go off of.

That theory is literally impossible to prove.

>tfw you're that one NPC that always gives quests but the rewards are shitty because you're too poor to give out anything worth a damn.

The sky is blue because it reflects from the ocean.

Well they have some shitty developers

It doesn't necessarily mean that they specifically made humans. It's certainly possible, but it could also just be a simulation designed to create many different universes for scientific research, kind of similar to how we use simulations to look into the past or the LHC.

>That theory is literally impossible to prove.
Just like the topic of the thread.

Did you ever think that in the future we invent time travel and plant the seeds of life on earth billions of years ago? It's a closed loop.

What if you're the only sentient' thing in the simulation - everything else, including everyone you meet - are simulated on an ad hoc basis. Like the simulation only has to simulate Brad Pitt when he's on TV or you think about him, read about him in a magazine etc. And even then it doesn't have to simulate him completely because he's not there and you're not interacting with him.

Same idea with the scientific results; if all you ever do is read about them - even the scientific papers themselves - then the simulation doesn't have to go to the trouble of recreating the 'reality' of the experiment.

>british education

I don't know if I should laugh or cry at that.

Spoiler that shit, you low-IQ Austronigger.

I'm not saying WE created the AI, I'm saying we could BE the AI.

That sentence was poorly constructed.

I wonder who controls my actions when I'm fapping in the bathroom

The simulation universe doesnt imply intelligent design in the way religions do

You have millions of lives, you die so you don't get trapped in a belief system and stop your personal growth.

What if it's not even a simulation, but a boltzmann brain?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boltzmann_brain

Nope. He is wrong. Otherwise I would have leveled up to god mode by now.

fucking brits

He's admitting that god exists and we cant go past the firmament (the earth is flat)

>mfw SO3 was the worst of the series so far

He said there is a chance of one in billions because its realistic to think that we could achieve it, you are all fucking retarded and no better than buzzfeed.

>people trust this idiot to build a non-shit car

What if we ourselves created this "video game" we're living in? What if we reached a point where the world was ending and we wanted to live it all over again?

just stopped by to say this thread is the most retarded thread i have seen since the last time i went to reddit. thanks, cya

Fucking boring videogame.

"I guess I'll play as... yet another dirt poor nigger in Somalia again!"

I guess their real life must suck balls if this is what they do for entertainment. "Brilliant fourth wall breaking social commentary Five Stars - Shill Reviews"

Okay. Who created the creators, though?

Turtles all the way down.

Never heard of the spectrum of light and his interraction with... nevermind

Eternal Anglo education

Does this mean we'll run these simulations one day, we'll be god someday?
The universe is a game?
There is more than one?
Where does it stop?
This is scary and beautiful at the same time

Who created the creators creator?

South America moved. I lived the same day twice when I was younger. My parents read the first two harry potter books to me and my brother every night, the day they were going to read the last chapter of the second book I was getting hardcore deja vu all day. (without knowing what it was because I was just a kid) When they started reading the chapter I said they already read it to me last night and they told me I was wrong, so I told them exactly what was going to happen pretty much word for word. They thought I had just read it before bed and I couldn't have desert for a week for ruining it for my brother

Kek

jesus christ user, and i was finally enjoying life again

The universe is a game and God died a long time ago.

>I said I would never play an MMO
>but then some faggot said I'm in one

Is that civilization also a simulation in some nested fashion? What does a non-simulated universe look like?

Also, if this is true then the Gnostics were right and god is evil.

Mine's either a mini-maxing dumbass or has too much time on his hands

If they exist before the concept of time, they just simply are. They don't come from anywhere, they don't go anywhere, they exist outside of time.

Like the old descriptions of gods. We are linear mortals with a beginning middle and end; there is no reason to assume that this is the norm just because it's our norm.

When the fuck are they going to fix the bug where eyelashes get stuck in your eye? Really fucking shit devs tbqh.

What is quantum physics Tyrone?

Why make it the most boring simulator fucking possible? Give us magic, fantastical impossibilities and eldritch horrors to deal with, not fat whiny cunts that think they can change classes when they really cant. What would be more entertaining 'how will this populated area handle a larger than average storm', or 'how will humanity cope with an army of fucking lava beasts the size of a mountain'