Why the fuck do people cancel your downloads on soulseek

why the fuck do people cancel your downloads on soulseek

Because you're not sharing anything on a file-sharing network you fucking retard.

i am though tard

Then sort your folders and don't keep a fucking mess of crap in there, retard.

somtimes i'd do it to get my friend's higher in queue or something, idk

never happened to me in 10+ years of using soulseek. is it just because I don't suck?

I only do it when the downloader's speed is obnoxiously slow.

lmao get fucked nerd

these are the only reasons people people cancel or ban you in slsk

are you queuing 30 FLAC albums from the same user?

The moron probably has all his shit in one folder, and only has singles and no albums.

and he's not answering because he's sorting out his music into genre folders now

people sometimes message me asking why I stopped the download but I have no idea why it was cancelled

ISP

I've cancelled uploads on my laptop cause I needed to disconnect the drive my music was on.

>downloading one song and not the whole album
>i'm leaving and i turn off my computer

these are reason i cancel downloads

>asshole is mad someone is stealing his stolen music
Get fucked if you do this

>complaining about someone not staying so you can have your free music gibs

epic

moralfag alert
nah its my soulseek downloads which is folders of albums andmy "regular" music collection which is artist folder then album folder, but my soulseek downloads folder has turned into my regular music collection
nope i was downloading one 128 kbs album
the guys upload speed was slow cus the other album i was dling at 500 kb/s and i was dlng his at 50 kbs

>dl'ing multiple albums at a time
dumbass

I download about 7 at once, you must have gayternet or something.

>i was downloading one 128 kbs album
>128 kbs
he probably realised you were a pleb and didn't deserve free music

I don't cancel them, but sometimes I don't check to see if someone is downloading something from me before I close my laptop and go do other things, and then I feel bad when I realize I cut someone off.

well he had a 128 kbps album in the first place so we're both plebs. pleblyfe

I do this all the time

what? why not?

>Guy's listed speed is 400+
>I download from him at 50-70
>Another guy requests download
>He's getting 5-10 but his listed speed is also 400+

I don't like the internet.

He probably had multiple people downloading from him. Gotta share the bandwidth.

I feel like I've had people ban me when I accidentally download more than one album from them at a time as if they think I'm being overly greedy or something...but I mostly got over that by only going there for more obscure stuff now instead of everything I listen to

Why the one song cancellation?

One guy cancelled my download 99.8% through the final song in an album

made me cry

>tfw you're queued for literal months to download a single 320 ep and right as youre about to reach 1 in the queue he blocks you
literally why
i have 100+gb of sorted music mostly in 320 or better with some decently uncommon stuff too
he was the only one on soulseek who had it in anything higher than 96kbps

Have you tried messaging him?

They've been doing that for laughs as far back as Napster.

i already cleared it and moved on, dont remember the guy's name

>search for something
>find it
>download
>File Not Shared
Why doesn't it have the lock on it when I find it then, god damn it?
Other people that pop up in the search with the same thing not shared do, why not this one guy?

I only have a couple random vaporgay albums and Lynyrd Skynrd Greatest Hits my dad put on the computer uploaded and I've never had anything cancelled.

i used to block people who had nothing or barely anything shared but its really not worth the autism to go through and check

It means they moved it recently or the harddrive has come disconnected.

Never had this happen. I'm only sharing one (very rare FLAC) album too. Maybe your net is shit/throttled/you're on a watchlist

Thank you

>you're on a watchlist
whats this

You're welcome. :)

No-one has ever gotten in trouble for downloading or sharing on SLSK, but ISPs definitely do throttle traffic. Not mine though, as I have a Virgin Gamer account. :)

Because they're pretentious snobs about people downloading who themselves aren't sharing music.

>No-one has ever gotten in trouble for downloading or sharing on SLSK
is this true?

tfw dont share anything on soulseek because i dont have any rare albums...

Nobody has ever found evidence otherwise.

my sister once yelled at me that i downloaded an album for her in some weird format she couldn't open

>download album from another user
>share his copy of the album
>?????
>profit
get with the program anons

do people not do this? i just have my whole music folder shared and put stuff i download into there after i retag it or whatever

I don't want a whole lot of people downloading from me often.
I either only host my live shows or lossless b-sides and rarities.

Do you have it well organized?

90% of it is artist folder -> album folder, the rest is just in folders labeled "artist - album"
my net is shit so i only get downloads for rarer or new stuff, anything common has people with 10x better speeds sharing it already

you could search for the ep again and find him

You have it have it sorted by genres so people know what the music is. >.

Can we sit down for a moment and appreciate certain slsk users?
Shouts to FlowerSunRain for not hording all that obscure jpsie music for himself.

why are you searching on soulseek if you dont already know what you want to download
skim youtube recs or some shit if you just want to meander

sometimes i have something to do on the internet and need all my bandwidth, sometimes people are just downloading dumb shit at really slow speeds and i want them to fuck off

nothin personnel

What are some general rules for using soulseek
Ive been using it for about a year now and ive only had 2 people message me about not sharing music
Just curious on how to be a better user

Because it's quicker, neater and more professional.

>use proper tags
>uniform file names
>specify if mono or stereo mix if applicable
these are really the only three i care about, other than bitrate, file type, etc

Keeps your nudes ready to share. I share mine, and i always get what files I want AND i get complimented on my legs and feet.

Zolex has a lot of good dance music that's actually sorted and in good bitrates which is pretty rare on slsk

JohnTest is one of my fav users, great collection of psych rock and very nicely organized

Cool, slsk name?

Genres are just a suggestion. I'm not going to "organize" my music by randomly splitting it up in classical/pop/rock/metal. Just google artist names if you want to know what it is.

why are there so many users with shitty speeds

>browsing someone with hundreds if not thousands of artists
>googling each one, one at a time
Nah, it's quicker if you bother to sort your shit like a good boy.

why does it matter if i share anything

Then no nudes for you, Billy boy.

FILE. SHARING. NETWORK.

what do you think happens if everyone has that attitude

>what would happen if everyone was homosexual in the garden of eden

why do music thiefs always pull this moralfaggotry? you're a criminal, you have no right to bitch about other criminals

well its obvious eveybody doesnt have that attitude numbnuts

reminder not to reply to bait

>you're a criminal, you have no right to bitch about other criminals
pot calling the kettle black
stop complaining about people not wanting to share shit with you

none of the problems you thugs are complaining about even exist when you just buy your music legally like everyone else

So not sharing means you're a faggot? Right lol

...alright? that's not relevant.

Because sharing is caring, it's communism, not crime. You have no right to download if you're killing the network and leeching off other people's kindness and money (equipment).

>using slsk for discovering music when lastfm and rym exist

What makes you think we don't? I buy music and share it with everybody.

>not using all

Then don't bitch when you get caught and get banned. Go leech, but it's not the spirit or SLSK.

But I do use RYM, then just download from Slsk.

Discovering music through Slsk seems like a pain of sifting through poorly cataloged shit.

No argument here, that was exactly my point.

I'm a brainlet - sorry.

do people even talk on slsk?? I've had it for like five years now maybe and I think only two people have ever msged me. The rooms seem really shitty as well

I changed the automessage for "share files before downloading" and people respond all the time as if I was watching my uploads and immediately blocked/chatted them

I do this very often and this has only happened once because the guy was probably trying to play csgo or something.