Wow this is incredible

Wow this is incredible.
and I thought was metal only for edgy fedoralords...

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=blackgaze&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=
rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=black metal&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Agreed OP. Literally the only worthwhile black metal album, and probably the best and most relevant metal album alongside Jane Doe and Panopticon.

This is how you spot a bunch of "nu-males" using "fedoralord" and "edgy".

It just sounds like generic 3rd wave Godspeed worship fused with blackgaze and black metal. I don't understand the love for this album.

Isnt it time for you to play D&D in your mother's basement with your fellow neckbeard friends?

As much as I love the album, the band is composed entirely of numales for sure.

Imagine having such a shallow view of the world you think you can infer someone’s life from a picture.

Not that guy, but they do look like numales.

those guys are absolutly numales

The album that revolutionized black metal
Muh kvlt meal fags cant into it because it tries something different

Okay.

imagine having taste this horrendous

Doesn't really add anything to any particular scene. It got good reviews, that's about it.

t.nu-male

Is this album really considered Black Metal? I thought the point of Blackgaze was that it took influence from black metal to make a different kind of shoegaze.

I certainly think of this as a /shugazi/ album more than anything else.

Absolutely shit-tier taste in metal. None of those albums are bad but they are far from the best.

You both clearly haven't listened to enough of the genre to come to the conclusion that Sunbather is the only worthwhile BM album.

I like plenty of BM bands that 'did something different', for instance Sigh, Diapsiquir, Peste Noire, Beherit and Oranssi Pazuzu, however Deafhaven to me is pretty bland. Really all they do is take the Post Rock Screamo sound and put a Black Metal pastiche over it.

Except it sounds nothing like Godspeed, nice try.

>implying playing D&D is a negative thing
>thinking calling someone a neckbeard is a legitimate insult from someone who browses Sup Forums.org

t. numale

You're right, it's even worse than that. Explosions in the Sky would be the more accurate reference point.

>Deafheaven
>metal

Kek

Deafheaven is technically screamogaze

Playing DnD IS a negative thing when you could play Unknown Armies instead

>I ONLY LISTEN TO GOOD BLACK METAL LIKE BURZUM AND MAYHEM

I don't think it's a bad album, just very boring, I really don't get all the raving reviews

Metal IS only for edgy fedoralords, this is a shoegaze/post-rock album

besides the guy with the glasses they're all just normal guys with tshirts and jeans

has nu-male become so broad and vague that the only way to not be one is to not have a picture taken of you?

second wave fags are just as bad as atmoshitters.

If your BM band doesn't have the words "goat", "witch", "hell", "nuclear", "hammer", "cult", wolf". "whore" or "speed" in its name with at least one Umlaut, as well as pencil-drawn muscular satyrs and skeletons with mohawks and spiked maces and daggers and goblets of blood and naked chicks with big boobs and at least one thing on fire on the album cover and at least one "ÜGH" or "ÖOGH" per song, you can get the fuck out of my face.

it's the way their t shirts fit, and the way they hold their arms that gives it away

no, as you can see, pictures of the elusive trv-male do exist, they're just really hard to find and not very readable.

Look, there's one right there.

nu-male tourists

you'd have to be a fashion faggot who jacks off to dudes to care about how a shirt fits

precisely
only an effeminate nu-male would wear a shirt that fits

others just buy XL everything

i dont like sunbather
pic related is superior blackgaze

then you're a wigger

>yeah man, I don't really care about my clothes, as long as they're comfortable and I like them I don't see the problem

There's like 3 different types of fits in that pic and two of the guys just have their arms by their side

>Deafheaven
>Metal

if you looked at that pic and were concerned about how tight or loose their tshirts were then you're definitely gay

this confounds the visitor

you can be trve and gay

but heterosexuality won't prevent you from being a nu-male

>Gaahl
>trve
that's not Hat or Pest

well yeah, anyone who talks about "trve kvlt" shit is gay so that's obvious

I've circled everything in the pic that indicates they are numales

Fragile masculinity on display

this is gay autism

see that's why this album is hated
it didn't try anything different, blackgaze has been existing for a while before this album came out
also, try to get into other subgenres of bm, maybe you don't like orthodox kvlt stuff, but maybe you'll like the proggier side, or the more epic side, or the synth heavy side, or the punk side, or the folk side
bm is huge, and listening only to p4k/fantano bm is such a shame

We didn't drop an album yet, but my band's name is Nüclear Witch Cult of Goat's from Hell, but the album cover will definitely be like that.

try to improve the name by making contractions:

Nüclear Hellgoat Witchkult

Such accuracy and attention to the small details that give away their numale status. Well done lad.

imagine being this insecure

I liked this shit but I want more. And don't tell me to listen Alcest or something like that. I want to get into death metal. What are some essentials?

you know this album isn't death metal right? it's black metal influenced
anyway
i liked sunbather but I want something kvlter-core: burzum, paysage d'hiver, bathushka
I want into dm but I have babby ears-core: gojira, opeth, insomnium

Op you should check out Alcest then. Preferably Écailles de Lune.

>batushka
>kvlter
wew

kvlter than deafheaven that's for sure
but yeah bathushka's untrve

Blackgaze (and black metal in general) is only good when europeans and south americans do it anyway. US should stop trying

>being this retarded

that's racist

what's insecure about admittedly caring about the way you look?

NEW males

>10/10 music
>"AAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

tragic.

ITT: nu-male tourists

opeth isn't really death metal, it's prog metal for dadrockists and fedoras

THIS

neither is gojira or insomnium, but they're all good starting points for hipsters

posting this chart for the insecure betas who don't listen to metal on this thread

I can see insomnium being more of a prog melodic death metal band, but I agree about gojira

>prog melodic death metal band
reminder that saying things like this unironically is the reason people hate metal fans

it's melodeaf, wich isn't really dm
categorisation is important and useful

Imagine having such shallow life experience that you can't infer someone's life from a picture.

nothing wrong with labeling bands according to their actual music genres, not my problem that you are such a tourist that you don't know shit about it

>have death metal songs
>have melodeath songs
>have prog songs
I mean, the whole prog melodic death metal sounds dumb, but the tags are correct.

there is no other type of music where people pretend that something being slightly more melodic is worthy of it's own genre tag, that's just called a trait of the music. it discourages actual discussion of the music for the sake of autistic pissing contests

I’m sure.

Have you seen the tags on rym for every artist? It's not just a metal thing.

there's a huge difference between melodeath and dm tho
the difference isn't that big between bm and meloblack, that's why the term melolblack is used really rarely
only useful tags survive

Melodic Death Metal is a style of Death Metal which utilizes the guitar harmonies and melodic sound of Heavy Metal, while keeping the main characteristics of Death Metal, particularly down-tuned, heavily distorted guitars and harsh, aggressive sound. Melodic Death Metal contains more melodic guitar riffs and solos than traditional Death Metal. Occasionally, acoustic guitars are used as well. Blast beats are used, but not quite as often as they are in Death Metal. Some bands also add keyboards to their music. The vocal style is usually harsh, sometimes utilizing both clean and screaming parts as well. Melodic Death Metal was pioneered in the early-mid 1990s by such bands as Dark Tranquillity, In Flames, At the Gates and Carcass on their album Heartwork.

imagine being this much of a tourist that he thinks that melodeath isn't its own thing

Yeah I think that can be just as stupid, my problem is that the conversation here went:
>this band is death metal
>no it's prog metal
>no it's prog melodic death metal
there was no actual discussion of music which took place, they were just spitting these stupid labels back and forth

then why don't other genre's do it the way metal does? there aren't diffent subgenres of jazz fusion based on whether the jazzy elements are more cool or avantgarde, people don't use tags based on whether hip hop samples from soul or samples from rock, or is originally composed, because that stifles the actual discussion of how the various artists are influenced, it attempts to boil down each individual piece of music into 3 or 4 words rather than allow it to just be appreciated on it's own

Are you fucking special?

I think the problem was people wanting to label a band exclusively to certain genre when most artists out there actually explore many genres during their careers.

I would still say those tags are correct. It's kinda autistic, but correct.

>there aren't diffent subgenres of jazz fusion based on whether the jazzy elements are more cool or avantgarde
Jazz Fusion actually has a lot of subgenres like acid jazz, neo soul, jazz rap, jazz rock, etc

>there aren't diffent subgenres of jazz fusion based on whether the jazzy elements are more cool or avantgarde
jazz is probably one of the most nitpicky genres out there, there's tons and tons of subgenres, so idk what the fuck you are talking about
>people don't use tags based on whether hip hop samples from soul or samples from rock
jazz rap, neo-soul and rap rock exist for a reason

Keep in mind, electronica and hip hop have genre tags based on their geographical origin.

Not saying that doesn't affect the overall sound, but some genre tags like to go deep.

I like Sunbather, Roads to Judah, new Bermuda, panopticon and Written In waters a lot but where do I go from here? I'm trying to get in to more blackgaze and black metal

literally babby's first day at listening to music

go to rym and use the genre charts
rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=blackgaze&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=black metal&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=

Jazz has subgenres such as bop, post-bob, and avant-gardes because those represent distinct styles and sounds which have existed across the history of the genre, the same way metal has thrash, black, and death, which are fine those can be meaningful in discussion. I agree that "jazz rap" is a unessaccary, but "rap rock" actually combines two distinct styles which sound diffrent from either rather than a metal genre which is technically one type of metal, but with some influence from a diffrent genre of metal, but slightly in the style of this third genre, it just becomes pedantic at a point

geographical origin isn't really a genre though, I have no problem with people saying something like Swedish death metal, or French death metal because that can be highly relevent

nothing you listed is a subgenre of jazz fusion, or has ever been considered one

Start with the hormone supplements

>caring about the way you look

"you" as in not other people

Jazz Rock is a subgenre of Jazz Fusion, at some point people thought they were the same thing.

As for geographical origin, people use it as a genre tag.

Point is, it's not just a metal thing and most of the time, they're made up for promotion reasons. Like Emocore.

The album would have gotten zero attention if it weren't for the album cover being deigned specifically to appeal to p4k readers wanting to seem 'eclectic' in their taste without having to deal with the toxic masculinity of most black metal.

Hip Hop does include Conscious Rap and Political Hip Hop, which are nothing more than lyrical content and Hardcore Hip Hop, which is just a bit more aggressive.

>those represent distinct styles and sounds which have existed across the history of the genre
well melodic death metal has a very particular and distinct sound, maybe if you listen to more melodeath bands you'll see why such genre exists, it isn't a overly nitpicky term like idk "blackened progressive technical thrash jazz-metal" or whatever

This is correct, I liked the album as a shoegaze fan, but here comes the hate, I'm about to be called a numale by a bunch of wizard virgins on Sup Forums

"""they""" were right

blackgaze is dope

>black metal
>US should stop trying
>shitting on Andrew Harris
F.O.A.D.
t. European

I second this

I love the album as a post rock, skramz, and shoegaze fan, and as a die-hard black metal fan, the black metal influences only help. I wouldn't call it metal though. George has even said in interviews they aren't, which is why the hate that they're trying to be black metal is fucking nonsense.

deafheaven is the only good black metal band just like nickelback are the only good rock band and macklemore is the only good rap artist just like kenny g is the only good jazz artist

Deafheaven are a boyband.
And like all boybands, they were created for the girl/gay market.

bad bait