Has Canada's military ever done something meaningful?

Has Canada's military ever done something meaningful?

What's the point in having a military if nobody likes you and no one considers your country worth taking over?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vimy_Ridge
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Medusa
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Battle_of_Ypres
youtube.com/watch?v=Uc6t6HLt7vA
youtu.be/0PBtM-v4GWY?t=18
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

we killed a lot of sandniggers.

This

But you have a lot of sandniggers in your country.

that's not even remotely true
i don't like the fact that we're taking in refugees but we haven't gotten to the point of no return yet

WW II participation

WW I participation

multiple campaigns going back to 1750's

They have done stuff. A nation deserves a national defense force to protect its citizenry from aggressive foreign nations. It just happens that Canada is in a solid location where it doesn't have active foreign threat.

this

>canadian military

Sadly, yes.

We've vacated several military bases so that they can house refugees. We've since backtracked on that, though the soldiers are still not back.

>60% white

We burned one of their capitals too.

Really they did an insane amount of contribution compared to any other country in WW1.

>It just happens that Canada is in a solid location where it doesn't have active foreign threat.

Yes because they're right on top of U.S. If they were attacked or even threatened they know their daddy USA has their back.

We were 90% white in the 60s. Learn from our mistakes; too bad you wont.

They did a hugh peacekeeper mission in bosnia i will be thankful to canada for the rest of my life

Tank is Canadian convoy is US. You're welcome.

plus our military was something we could actually take great pride in, our soldiers were/are widely celebrated here. but now we're just the sweden of north america because papa trou d'eau was a multi culti faggot and so is his son the drama teacher

Canada's a bitch. It's military is only there to support its current master.

You are a retard.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vimy_Ridge

This. So much this. If you think americans are bad I can certify you 90% of armor driver out there ran over sandnigglette for the lulz.

soldier here jokes I'll name a couple Ypres, Arras, hill 70 Passchendale, Yimy ridge, Ortona, Caen, Verrières Ridge, Scheldt, Juno, Kapyong and op Medusa.

I thought Canadians were nice and have a moral code of ethics.

>▶
>Has Canada's military ever done something meaningful?
yes
its also the only type of people that are (hopefully) conservative. Same situation with most european nations especially denmark.

fuck canada but mostly fuck all u french / asians u guys gotta speak french in certain areas to even get service and fuck ur shit posters too

TFW i'll never participate in another Medusa..

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Medusa

Daily reminder who brought down the white house into ashes

A buddy of mine was a tanker in afghanistan his gunner blew off some tali fucks face

so just don't go to toronto vancouver or anywhere in quebec

I've been planning to join the military after I finish my degree. Was wondering how it is?
Is it anything compared to the elites like Spetsnaz or the French Foreign Legion?

>I've never heard about these guys on CNN

Since when has CNN covered foreign militaries?
Fucking burgers

We were in WW2 3 years before your neutral asses fags

Sucks man

sadly, british marines. wish i could claim it was canadians, but its was 3 british ships sailing up the Chesapeake and the ship's companies rampaging in washington for 3 days before sailing away as the yankee army showed up

>our soldiers were/are widely celebrated here.

nothing like the USA....I have lived in the USA and seen marines/army/navy people get lunch/dinner/drinks bought and thank yous all around along with people offering to pay for them to ship their stuff home and just generally helping them in any way they can

it's not even close, hardly ever see anyone in uniform in Canada, actually in 2 years being back I haven't seen one

I have a friend in the reserves and he trains when he's off from work (teacher) and his grandfather was in the WW2, I got mad respect for him, but at the end of the day he's never fought so...big deal, he isn't a prick about it, I think he just genuinely wants to respect his family and finds it cool to do, some of the people he knows though act like big shots when they've never been in battle

Did you drops nukes on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

Army mans here the special forces are actually surprisingly good one of the best in the world . reg force infantry guys are world class the 2vp is legendary

You have a lot of sand niggers too burger

But when Trump is president they're gonna be fleeing to your country :)

so has everyone else

>go to Canada in 2012
>Visit Olympic pavilion in Vancouver
>get invited to watch a free patriotic film on the war of 1812 anniversary.
>Event worker tells me it is a reenactment of Canada's greatest military battle.
>So I agree- I figure even Canada may have some badass moments I can at least be entertained by
>Get cozy, film begins
>It starts with a reenactment of two soldiers creeping up on a fort.
>suspense builds
>I am now expecting a bloody battle that the Canadians would win with valor.
>Fort accidentally explodes, and both sides retreat.
>Battle of York is declared a "draw"
>Canadians clapping next to me
>I stay in my seat waiting for the movie to end with a victory
>Event worker dressed as a soldier tells me the show is over.

it would be a lot better if it wasnt for libcucks. literally every liberal PM shits on and defunds military, then once in a while we get a right wing PM, he starts to rebuild military, then along comes another lib PM to tear it back down.

I have literally received more praise / discounts / free meals / thanks while in the US than I have at home anywhere in Canada. That includes while i'm in uniform here too... americans just see a fit guy with a proper haircut and good posture and instantly thank you for your service. I tell them i'm Canadian and they still thank me.

Canadians are fucking cucks man, they think we should be "peacekeepers"... handing out popsicles and face painting. Disgusting.

I mean, they stormed the beaches of Normandy on D-Day.

Not sure how this "lol Canadian military" meme got started. I guess every Canadian in the past several decades has been too polite to correct anyone.

someone has to subdue the canadian population incase they start acting up

We landed in Europe before your faggot asses did

Most countries are dependent on the military power of the United States. Canada and most European countries forsake military spending and push the burden elsewhere. Canada is just another colony of America, and they've been like that since they distanced themselves from Britain.

>or anywhere in quebec
good, we don't need retarded burgerfaggots like him, or any filthy anglo animals for that matter

Canada's approval ratings are some of the highest in the world according to international surveys. Above yours, my neighbor.

tfw I'm in the process of enlisting bro

That doesn't dispute his point. You landed in Europe before the US during WWI and WWII because Great Britain's declaration of war immediately commit its colonies to war as well.

Cucks don't tend to step on many toes.

Nope we're not bitches

What trade you going? I'm former combat engineer but I transferred to pilot a few years ago.

It didn't have to be this way, either. We could have been our own nation, with our own military, making our own decisions. Instead we just changed masters, from Britain to America.

We're culturally and socially the same nation as America, except with a slightly higher standard of living because we follow the European model of society - let America take care of us.

Doubtful

They, and the Aussies helped the Western front quite a bit during WW1.

>mfw listening about the Aussie's involvement.
>The British were shocked how the Aussie's would joke and laugh even under heavy artillery fire.

Even your great grandparents were master-class shitposters. Well done.

This.

go combat arms don't be a pussy

I always love reading things from Canadians about how their military has "contributed" to things throughout history. Nothing screams "inferiority complex" louder than Canadian military.

Armoured or Combat engineer both sound fucking cool

>44
Our military is really your janitorial service.
Like our "peace keepers" is just a label, what the Canadian military really is a place holder for your troops and interest should you happen to want to go back k and bomb / exploit where ever

I am going combat arms bro

>and I'm 40

I'm armoured recce leads the way

nails

>Has Canada's military ever done something meaningful?

You mean other than when adjusted for population, contributing far more troops than the US to the first world war, and becoming feared as the allies stormtrropers fucking destroying the germans.

We may be pacifists most of the time but when shit hits the fan we kick ass.

I think "pawns" would be the best term.

I miss engineer alot and highly recommend it.

Every other combat arms trade is kind of a one trick pony, but there are several occupational specialties within engineer (diver, EOD, heavy equipment, water purification). Even as a field engineer every job is a bit different so you'll always being switching things up. Also blowing shit up with gratuitous amounts of C4 never gets old and is a feel most plebs will never feel.

Nails?

>tfw you'll never ride along with armoured mounties as they blast 105mm shells at sand nigger kids while yelling "SUE-RY" and having a giggle

Why live

I've taken that into account but also fucking tanks bro

Tanks are sweet

Dubs witnessed

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Battle_of_Ypres

>During World War I, the Second Battle of Ypres was fought from 22 April – 25 May 1915 for control of the strategic Flemish town of Ypres in western Belgium after the First Battle of Ypres the previous autumn. It was the first mass use by Germany of poison gas on the Western Front. For the first time, a former colonial force (the 1st Canadian Division) defeated a European power (the German Empire) on European soil (in the battles of St. Julien and Kitcheners' Wood, engagements during the battle).

Fucking Canuks too stupid or too brave to run away from a gas attack.

WWI, yes
WWII, no, we did that independantly.

youtube.com/watch?v=Uc6t6HLt7vA

They used to be considered a check on the americans for the euros.
Basically if we ever got out of hand canada was supposed to jump on us and hold us down while their allies got to us, or potentially wait to fatally flank us if we overextended in a war.
Pretty much what happened in war of 1812. The canadians provided an opening for a bunch of paddies to get in and sack washington dc.

The Canadian soldiers figured out a defense against gas attacks. IIRC they pissed on their handkerchiefs and used them as gas masks. It was effective enough.

>Canadians acting up. "Sorry"

Britain is not Canada

youtu.be/0PBtM-v4GWY?t=18

You could always drive the badger. My friend tore down hadjii houses with the backhoe on this.

In WWII we volunteered

I've heard they presented it to us in the media that it would be a quick German spanking then back home.

Not so much

You mean germanic peoples

Thank you for recognising this, nobody can deny that we punched way above our weight in the First World War, it's actually just insane when you think about it considering we were so small back then and really didn't have a global reputation yet. We really proved ourselves in that war

>I've heard they presented it to us in the media that it would be a quick German spanking then back home.
They did this in WW1, saying it would be over by christmas.
Not so much in WW2, not after what happened the first time.

Actually America peaked at 88% white in the 1940's Canada at one point was 98% white.

That looks pretty dope

This
I hate it I'm a body dropper not peacekeeper

Sure we are, but that doesn't mean we weren't pissed about what happened. America is our big brother, an no one gets to fuck with family except family.

I prefer Janitor. Or "Bob the builder".

You go spread freedom gun blazing, We're right behind you, Building schools, Hospitals and houses.

You kill the "Baddie army" We train a militia force behind so shit don't hit the fan right away when we leave.

hi mohammad

Bro, don't forget your sharp training.

You burnt one of our 'state' capitals. We purposefully picked a capital in the middle of nowhere that you guys couldn't get to. Also the quebecers burnt our actual capital.

wrong, it wasn't trudeau that cucked us military. it's the fucking americans. they won't let us do our thing. they always insist we must follow them to whatever commitment and they sabbotaged our attempts of having a nuclear sub force to patrol and assert our sovereighty over the arctic. You need to get the meme out of your head, friend.

burgerfatso doesn't understand that the french canadians hate anglos.

hey Tyrone

Sappers lead the way, mate

Not all of us, man.

But I constantly got into fights growing up because I could speak English (despite being French, having a French name and going to French schools).

Les séparatistes peuvent aller manger un char de merde.

>American talking about Canada
>"nobody likes you"

my friend and I visited montreal. I'm white, my friend, he is a poo in the loo but can speak french.
we were in a tourist area, I asked this bitch where was the washroom. she started speaking french. i was struggling for like 5 minutes trying to ask her questions in broken french then my poo in the loo friend came by and spoke french and she pointed me to the washroom.

wtf is wrong with you francophones. seriously, never ever gonna visit montreal ever again.

If you kill sandniggers, they win

>That was the British

Do you know who we fucking are?

>visiting montreal in the first place
here's your problem

the francophones in quebec university are cancer. they seriously just protest for no reason.

many americans don't understand why trudeau went mutliculturalism. the FLQ started bombing shit and kidnapping people. our multicultural was supposed to be an alternative to the old fashion anglo-franco divide.