Who /crippling depression/ here bros. Not that bullshit sad crap. The kind with no hope or answers...

Who /crippling depression/ here bros. Not that bullshit sad crap. The kind with no hope or answers. You can never fix yourself. How do you deal with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SzjERZU3wbY
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equanimity
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lots of psych meds

And even then it still pops up.

I've been there but mainly I'm an anxiety guy. Both are awful but honestly I would take depression, anxiety is like dying over and over again.

Realize I need to stop being a mopey dopey faggot
Life sucks, get over it.

>Hurr durr your foot isn't broken just walk it off

I just press on a depressedly do things in hopes of getting killed in the process...
>got job as reptile exterminator
>hundreds of rattlesnake bites later, still not dead :..(
>try tons of different hard, cheap drugs
>still not dead, saw demons
>ask random sluts at clubs to fuck me on the dance floor
>no diseases, still not dead

I have wanted to die since I was 6yo and keep throwing myself out there in hopes that something will kill me eventually. Still not dead :...(

I'm deep in it right now. Knowing that much of what I create is frowned upon. Knowing that my role in society is as an outsider and can't play the typical and biological role my body was built for (i'm gay). My lack of offspring means I leave nothing of value behind except for my insight and knowledge (what little there is). The worst part is I can't give up. I have to keep going and I'll be drowning the rest of my life for just the hope that I do something good. Maybe.

I literally just made it my life goal to not die by my own hands.

do you think the lack of regard for your own life is a way of showing that you'd sacrifice yourself for others? By that i mean way back in the day men were disposable. Men had to keep others safe at the risk of their own life. Is your depression the manifestation of not having something to protect?

I'm practically at the end of the rope. I've tried meds, therapy and pot. None seems to really fix enough. Maybe pot. My last hope is trying magic mushrooms. Apparently they heavily reduced my friends depression and changed the view of the world

Mushrooms will cure your case of the Mondays but won't do jack shit for clinical depression. Go back to the meds and get used to life being in greyscale

Mushrooms didn't work for me, good luck. Can definitely be fun in the right setting but I wouldn't expect anything life changing lest I'd get upset when it's not what I was expecting, if I were you.

Gun range and smoking cigs are my only fun things to do. Wish there were better vidyas tbqhwu.

Heroin

Fixing yourself is incredibly hard work. Getting off your ass to run a mile is hard enough for most, but focus and consistency is where all hell breaks lose.

No easy answer bloke, just keep failing and getting back up.

>OH boo hoo. Life sux bawlz I wish I was never borned
Get a fucking grip life is a fucking shit salad but only if that's what you make it. Find a hobby, learn a new skill, get out and exercise/ be active and before you know it you'll start meeting new people that don't suck and forget you ever felt sorry for yourself. You'll be in better shape have a marketable skill in something you enjoy and maybe even get laid.

>Your average Moron who has it easy

Maybe? I remember wanting to be a hero as a kid, but I discovered Sup Forums and rotten dot com around the same time in my mid teens and realized nothing is sacred, we all just die. Sup Forums taught me that standing for something means you're gonna be a meme after you're gone...
Plus, name one thing in the world today that's worth protecting? Yourself? A thot? Your money bags? None of it matters... Just gonna press on with experiencing shit until I cease to be, user.

/r/iamverysmart

I draw, paint, play vidya, go shopping, watch movies/listen to music from all over the world, drink with friends and fap to degenerate shit. I literally have to keep myself busy or I'll stay in bed for hours and not get up because I feel life ain't shit and not worth living.

Work exercise and weed.
I have no time to be depressed anymore user.
I sometimes rage quit tho if that counts

Not everybody's fix is having the right attitude, sometimes you can have the right attitude but still have a brain that mismanages dopamine, or a body that's painful to exist in, and many other issues. You're wasting your breath here Imo.

I don't know if it's really depression as much as a total feeling of apathy. I go to bed every night/morning thinking tomorrow, I'm going to look for a job, go to the gym, do some laundry, sort my clothes etc, but everyday for the past four weeks I get up, make dinner, eat in front of a television series or a movie, listen to a podcast or an audio book while playing video games or going on Sup Forums to see if some funny threads are up. That is literally the only things I've done, except going to clubs during the weekends.

Are you Billy the exterminator?

loser attitude.

man up.

afraid to face challenges.

How can you afford to do that, you know going out while jobless??

yeah it sucks and it never ends, even after superficial elements of your life improve

Worked a couple of weeks during christmas while I was home at my parents, and living in a student city going to student clubs with student prices.

Realise that youre not supposed to fix it all. Lust live your life. Try to make the best of it. if you dont its ok and if you do its ok too.

I get really really high or drunk put on blade runner and imagine my self in that world. Cures everything

Y'all need more:
IRL Friends you'll actively socialize with
Greater amounts of vitamin D and physical activity (just go for a fucking walk)
Sex if possible, greater lengths of time between fapping if uglyfag or sperg, try to get it down to once a week
Caffeine when needing to be productive or at start of day-
-Alcohol when needing to relax, sleep or bad/negative thoughts overtaking you
Music that puts you in more positive moods
A hobby, or another hobby if your current one has become stale

I guarantee MOST of you are suffering from a mixture of boredom and emotional numbness you've unconsciously adopted as a coping strategy for when life isn't going how you like, rather than allowing yourself to feel sadness an anger in response and actually take initiative from those feelings. Very few people have a genuine chemical imbalance in their brains that is the root of depression, and if you ARE in that camp call your doctor and get on the medication and NEVER fucking stop taking it.

I am not telling you to man-up because a person who's feeling how you are can't "man-up". They don't possess the natural energy to do so; Their bad emotional and stress habits have robbed them of that energy. I AM telling you that trying any or all of this is better than typing another post on Sup Forums, and most of it requires absolutely no risk.

take it out on my gf during sex

white knuckle work for your key goals
my wife was depressive and OCD and was frequently abused (physically) by her dad...her mom was schizo (diagnosed).

She stopped doing drugs (self-medicate) at 18, and started working, Got a GED, and got into college, did bachelors then masters.

All during college her OCD was rampant, and depression was strong. After colllege depression got worse (goal met, goal ideation not so strong).

She had to check herself in to psych ward for suidide watch, and evaluation a few times.

When she had a goal, the depression was not as crippling...but she white knuckled...no matter how laid low she was, she just fucking did what was necessary to stay on track for bachelors and masters..

Now she is much older and the depression is still there but not crippling.

She took meds, but, yeah, the depression and other issues still there low-grade, or episodes of heavy duty.

That's just how it was and is for her.

So, make a short term goal, like 1 year out or less, and make it challenging, maybe something you already have to do but feel is hard or nearly impossible.

Commit to following through.
As you get older, and stay functional, it gets better.

As for meds, make sure you are on a clean diet low in processed carbohydrates (sugar,, flour, alcohol, etc.). That shit undermines your health and provokes inflammation. Low grade inflammation in your system or brain can bring on all kinds of syndromes.

Eat clean, and be eating clean for months then re-evaluate your meds... you dosages might go down, or meds may change to less hardcore stuff.....

Good Luck

>Pilot in training
>Lots of friends
>Have side chick to bang
>Decently nice place and car.
>heavily into music and vinyl collecting
Still have no will to live for no good reason

Depression is a dark gift. Psych studies show that people who are depressed show markedly superior judgement to those who are not depressed at tasks like whether a given shape will fit a given hole. Non-depressed people err constantly on the side of optimism. The theory of depressive realism holds that depression is actually the removal of a filter which makes the world seem irrationally pleasant to everyone else.

Depression is the first step in waking. The path to enlightenment is found through despair and loneliness.

> rather than allowing yourself to feel sadness an anger in response and actually take initiative from those feelings.
this doesn't make sense to me, I understand becoming numb rather than angry or sad. I don't understand how you can choose to instead of shutting down those emotions to back good intentions with those emotions. Like, I can't exactly figure out how you're supposed to back actions like going out and socializing with anger or sadness.. that confuses me.

>How do you deal with it?
Nihilistic escapism mostly. If you leave no time for the despair you won't have as much of it.

Stand up straight with your shoulders back. Tell the truth, or at least don't lie. Listen to your "Inner Daemon" and don't do things it tells you to not do, stop doing and saying things that make you feel weak, voluntarily pursue the path that you are most afraid of

>I am not telling you to man-up because a person who's feeling how you are can't "man-up"
the second post is mine.
my wife 'manned-up' = white-knuckle....
you can do it for focused goals and activities, though not for all things....aim what resolve you can muster at something that is critical.

it builds evidence of your competence to counterbalance down any despair or low self-esteem.

Another thing, do things for other people. Your efforts may more easily bring joy to others, and you may get a contact-joy from them. This may be more effective than doing nice things for yourself (but keep doing those things anyway).

>Depression is a dark gift.
Suicide is a dark gift. Literally everything is better on the other side.

Remember that guy in Germany, who got his pilot's license, and got mandated treatment but half-assed participated in treatment...?

He flew an airplane full of people into a mountainside to end his pain.....kinda fucked up.

Don't be that guy.

Then I refer you to the part where you may actually need some fucking meds. That's not normal.

Let me lay it out like this.
Emotionally healthy person: Allows themselves to experience anger or sadness when things go wrong because they know those feelings are natural, and will eventually rebound into the energy to actually solve the problem if it needs it, or at the very least gets it out of their system so they can go back to feeling happy or normal or whatever.
What you're probably doing: Taking a subconscious emotional-morphine shot the second things go bad because you can't deal with the resulting reaction, being anger or sorrow, because it's "painful". The problem is this numbness does not fucking go away at will, and eventually that will seep into EVERY emotional response. You're not feeling happiness, excitement or interest either because that same morphine is kicking through your system. You have to learn to feel how you genuinely feel, no filter, no avoidance. It hurts, and that's GOOD because when it's over, you'll be able to feel the good times again.

My giant frustration is that I don't know what to do with myself.

The urge to sit around and do nothing is SO strong..

The idea of work makes me sick. I just quit my job because it was too much stress, mind you this was a high level management position.. but I've tried the low-paying easy jobs and they are even more soul destroying.

I want to just build a cabin and live out my days doing NOTHING.

I grew up and stopped being a pretentious underage cry baby.

alright, thanks for making that clear for me, it reminded me of some things I've forgotten.

Like, that it's batshit to think being numb is okay, three months ago I wouldn't have and it became normal for me which is upsetting but now that I remember that it's not I can see about self reflecting on what emotion I'm not allowing myself feeling. ehh, vague but whatever, thanks dude :P

I was planning to kill myself by 2016.

However I didn't cross off my (very limited) bucket list and was in an awkward position whereby if I was going to go through with my plan (something akin to this youtube.com/watch?v=SzjERZU3wbY ) people would have found out.

Anyway, as I was tying up loose ends, I met a girl and got married.

Now I'm stuck. Right now all I can think about every day is wanting to die. I wake up, and it comes on. I cry at work now, I don't even care if people see. I just want it to end. But now I have this responsibility to this woman. I feel so fucking selfish and horrible, because I have pushed away all my friends, I have a wife and parentsd and a sister who love me, but all I want to do is die. I'm 36. Since the age of 16 I cannot recall a single time in my life where I was "happy" or where this hasn't been in the back of my mind. That's 20 years of not wanting to exist. When I was in my late teens I thought "I don't know how I can make it another 5 years", now I genuinely don't know how to make it through the week.

>tfw you find out someone from your High School developed cancer in his late twenties and died and you were envious

user I think you just opened my mind to what I haven't thought before. Thank you.

>Find a hobby
I don't have time for a hobby. I have to work to pay bills.
>learn a new skill
See above
>get out and exercise/be active
See above
>meeting new people
I lost all my friends and I don't see my family because of work

You make it sound like there's no meaning to life. How do you get up and go through each day if the only thing that's really there is your not wanting to be there?

Also, have you tried meds?

Are you the dude from Unbreakable?

Assuming you aren't trolling, but if you are consider this your response, I don't really care either way.

Here's something for you to empathize with. Have you ever tried to force yourself to sleep? Like you just got a full nights rest but your schedule is slightly off and you know you're going to be tired later because of it? Or any reason really. It's basically impossible to FORCE yourself to sleep if you aren't the least bit tired. Clinical depression is a lot like that. I understand what I need to do to make my life better, but I can't do it. Even if I did I would still get back to feeling the way I do currently.

Successful people kill themselves too you know. Everyone basically has a default level of happiness that they will go back to after highs and lows. The problem with people like me is our default is below the level that reasonable people will live with.

I daydream about shooting myself like 10,000 times a day, but I know I won't do it at the range. When I'll finally get a gun of my own I'll prolly do it right away but I can't help wondering that I'll feel pain, maybe even flashing pain, and I'm not sure if that pain will be a lot or nothing to write home about. I hope it will be quick and painless like they say and maybe it's selfish of me but I seriously hope it won't hurt, that's how much of a bitch I am. But I have no choice but to do so in order to break out of this system. It's in my timeline and in a not too far future, say, fall 2018. Which means that I'm like someone with terminal illness in practice. But no one would care because I don't literally have a terminal illness. I don't even suffer from depression, just existential angst and spiritual problems that no one except I would understand. Maybe Kurt Cobain would but that's about it...

This fellow is onto something

Check out MCBT.

Look up mindfulness techniques. It in general will bring more awareness to your feelings and thoughts. The detached awareness/perspective allows you to experience/see them as they are without over-identifying with them. This should put you in a much better position to find solutions. Chronic depressive mood states are often the result of "depressive" patterns of thinking. When you can identify your specific patterns of thought that cause these moods and consciously choose better feeling thoughts, you can work your way into more self-serving beliefs, about yourself, others, or the world at large, and find these new patterns pulling you out of the depressive slump.

Basically, reach for a better feeling thought. Any thought that alleviates your mood and keep doing this as long as you like. Soon you will be in a more positive emotional position. Thoughts are things, and they are very powerful. If you get stuck in negative, hopeless thinking your mood will reflect this. There is always a way out though, I promise. You can get better.

if you're thinking about actually killing yourself then you definitely qualify for having depression you idiot. That could just be your only symptom, but your brain is still fucked. Quit lying to yourself first off.

not necessarily faggot, let him off himself if he wants its his choice

So everyone who thinks about/commits suicide is depressed in your opinion? Can't it just be a desperate act sans depression, like when one is in debt or imprisoned? Besides shouldn't depression feel like one is in low spirits?

it's not an opinion. To overcome your biological IMPERATIVE to live you must have something wrong with you. You can get there any number of ways. It can be understandable or literally random, but to put this in perspective murderers and child rapists allow themselves to go to prison instead of offing themselves. If they aren't all killing themselves considering their fate then don't you think there might be something wrong with you if you're planning your own death?

If you're planning your own death there is absolutely something fucked with your brain. There are people that exist who do not have that problem with their brain in MUCH worse situations that do not attempt to kill themselves.

I will die anyway in the sense that everybody dies. So there is nothing wrong with me. There is something wrong with _you_, seeing that you don't seem to be aware about your incoming demise. Old age sucks. Your body and mind will from this day on only deteriorate slowly until you are helpless and withered like a semi-skeleton. If that's what you call normal then you can keep your normal. I'm totally fine. It's just that I'm awake which is the problem. Even now I am mindful. I'm always mindful...sure I make typos so I'm not as mindful as I could be, but mindful in the sense that I'm aware of this system, I'm like a karmanaut inside my predestination if it makes any sense. You have your own little predestination. We are totally fucked.

some people are too much of a pussy, also
>most people dont become ceo at a fortune 500, even people who are really poor and would be better off with a high paying salary
>what? you have the ambition and drive to get to that position? you're mentally deficient.

>wondering that
>aware about
I thought I typed wondering if and aware of, but now that I reread my posts it seems I didn't. There's something maybe wrong with my brain like was said by someone ITT, but not sure if it's depression/anxiety/or just being dumb as a rock. Who knows. I thought about that once...why do I keep typing different words than thinking. I do it all the time. Does someone know? Can that be a sign of depression? Sorry to derail the thread pretend I never said anything if I said too much I'll just edit my posts from now on.

>i dont eat food because I know I will just have to poop
>i dont play games or read books because they have endings
>i don't shower because I'll end up getting dirty or sweaty anyway

Your argument is shit because you're ignoring literally everything that happens before you die. I also don't give a shit if you die or not but you sound like a fucking idiot trying to make up some false intellectual reasoning for it. You also sound super young. Just saying.

making money isn't a biological imperative, which is where your argument breaks down.

I'm not gonna let that shit happen to me. There are things that can make me happy and I will find them. I swear to fucking god, I won't let this demon claim me.

look you little pussy faggot, if you actually watch my videos you wouldn't be here whining like a little turd nugget. Now quit with the yuk-yuks you chuckle fuck and make me a sandwich.

Yea I'm not old in the least, but I don't see what my age has to do with anything. Life can be hard at every age. Of course you don't give a shit whether I die, we don't know each other. I just chatted a little about my insignificant life, who cares. One day I'll be gone and as such nothing of this matters too much, not to me anyways.

Also, believe.

In yourself, "God" (whatever that may mean to you)
Etc

Start flexing your belief muscle and believe you can get better. I believe in you anons.

Everyone who is successful works for it.
Make time, not excuses.
Don’t give anyone a reason to call you pathetic.
Think about it

>the are actually people itt who think you just need to find some friends and do sports to overome clinical depression
boomers pls go and stay go

You don't see what your age has to do with you saying "We're all going to die anyway why live?" That argument only works for geriatrics. They will die soon anyway. Their quality of life is guaranteed to be low for the rest of it. Yours is not. There are people who have been in your situation and have improved their quality of life.

>get used to life being in greyscale
genuinely curious how are normies able to deceive themselves their whole life and find it unironically deep, complex and worth living

Scrap that I remembered that I'm high. Maybe it was that all along. But because I'm anonymous I can mention drugs no one knows who I am. I feel very OCD about posting now. I will actually start editing; this thread is life changing. Not as life changing as suicide but yeah. This will be my last post.

Depression ain't so bad.

You're no longer afraid of ghosts when you're the ghost that haunts your house.

lol, remembered that I'm high

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equanimity

Amen brotha.

>One day I'll be gone and as such nothing of this matters too much

This /could/ be your biggest incentive to do whatever you want in life, nothing to lose

status is, do you even dominance hierarchy bro?

>How do you deal with it?
You fix yourself. Surely you can see what's wrong. Fix that.

time is relative, living for 20 years is long enough for some get over it. i think where your "argument" breaks down is not understanding his capabilty of thought. dont assume that his quality of life is shit because you cant fathom the idea of being displeased with existence.

I don't you fuckwit. that's why it's called crippling depression, I drink as much as i can afford, I sleep and i play video games. I'm dead inside and i don't care.

>alcohol
Guaranteed to make you depressed even if you're not depressed. Daft suggestion.

and for that matter quality of life is objective, a depressed as fuck loner with nothing to live for is possibly worse off than a geriatric with limited physical function and thus less objective will to live, every-fucking-thing is relative, relativity, isn't it wonderful.

I get drunk and fight antifa faggots, it's a thrill

I just starting growing weed and now I'm constantly high.

Weed is the answer. And sometimes women are the answer too.

Therapy - because you can't handle a depression alone.
Well, you can, but it'll kill ya.

>assuming therapy won't land you in a mental ward for being critically depressed.
>being this retarded
>better to be free or dead.

Therapy dude.

What kind of medieval place do you live?

You ever tell a therapist that your planning your own suicide? I guarantee that there is almost no better way to end up in a mental ward. I've been sectioned twice for it by a dumbass therapist who wasn't sensible enough to just let me vent. counterpoint good random user?

Truth.

Find a less shit therapist.
Move to a better educated place.

Not suffering from depression
I have paranoid schizophrenia instead which is basically the same thing, since it's predominantly the negative symptoms I exhibit
Sometimes I'll hear voices or get visual hallucinations as well though

>Negative symptoms are deficits of normal emotional responses or of other thought processes, and are less responsive to medication
>They commonly include flat expressions or little emotion, poverty of speech, inability to experience pleasure, lack of desire to form relationships, and lack of motivation

Basically I just shut the world out at this point
Leave apartment to get groceries every now and again
Don't even drink alcohol anymore because I don't like the sensation of slowly losing motor function

When living life at one emotional level is all you can remember ever knowing it somehow becomes easier to accept
I do wonder if I ever had genuine hope for things to improve, but who knows and/or cares?

i gave up on hope a long time ago, just drifting towards the end

And how should a find a less shit therapist on face value alone? aren't I safer keeping to myself rather than dealing out the darkest parts of my being to someone who doesn't know me, can't know me and won't ever give a shit about me?

Welp. I was quite happy before I read this thread and now I want to slit my fucking wrists.

Fact is depression is still widely misunderstood, even medically. Given how prevalent it is you'd think we'd "get it" more but eh.

The "clinical depression" and "chemical imbalance in the brain" hype is somewhat true but often its used more as an excuse and justification

The chemical imbalance is much more often a result of depression, rather than its cause. Maintaining persistent negative thoughts affects mood, maintaining persistent negative mood and thought affects the physical body in a number of ways, thus causing the imbalances that are seen.

Depression honestly isn't too complicated, once understood, but it definitely is a pain in the ass to experience

You go to the doc and they'll give you pills. Pills can curb the associated feelings but they won't change the way of thinking that often is at the root of depression. Until you address the root of an issue its bound to keep cropping up.

Of course this is more for chronic depression, many fall into a "depressed" state at some point in their lives

>psych meds
>weed
>vydia

I've been on damn near every anti'-depressant known to man. none of e'm do shit but give you a fucking swarm of associated side affects. and you sir aren't talking chronic depression, your talking transient phases of emotions.

Well, give up then? Succumb to your negative side and stop talking to people.
Why bother?
Bye bye.