Why are Man Utd fans actually defending the possibility they might finish in 5th and yet again have no CL?

Why are Man Utd fans actually defending the possibility they might finish in 5th and yet again have no CL?

It could have been worse

Mourinho is officially finished

1st in shirt sales, which is most important ranking.

5th with an EL title > 2nd with no titles

>No CL

ummmmmm casual

>Man Utd fans thinking Ajax will be a walkover.

>No CL

>let’s pretend the United Kingdom plays a role after group stage

>Football non nation thinking anyone cares about thier opinion

>let's pretend the Bundesliga plays a role after Buyern

How many European Championships have you won?

he is right though

ajax will shit on manu

Ajax will lose

>parity is more important than quality

>one CL in 15 years

There's no quality or no parity

Wish Germans would stop replying to my posts with bad opinions

Same national titles as you and me :)

Celebrating winning the Europa League is pathetic. You can look at a list of all the Europa League winners and say of every single one "here's a team that wasn't even close to competing for the Champions League." It's alright for Sevilla or Anderlecht or whatever, but it's absolutely embarassing for a big club.

>5th

Luckily we're only in it for CL qualification then

This post is going to be perfect if Dolberg scores the winner. Also one the best players in the league, Eriksen, is a stinking dane so shut yer pie hole.

>Man United will get absoluely fucking smashed by RB Leipzig
I can't wait

Rooney's hair is older than that 'club'

Fuck outta here refugerman

>tfw Lyon could have stopped them

>Rooney's hair is older than that 'club'
That will make losing even more hilarious.

>5th
C'mon, dawg. Everyone knows 6th is Utd's rightful home.

>fans
Customers

Leipzig wont be in europe though

>Work in a McDonald's
>Some fella comes in
>Definite United fan
>Home shirt, Cockney accent etc
>"Hi, welcome to McDonald's may I take your order?"
>"I'll have a McRib"
>"We haven't done McRibs in years"
>"I didn't want it then"
>"Sorry?"
>"McRibs are shite!"
>"..."
>"20 times"

Cause silverware and CL football

That's a more successful season than Liverpool, arsenal, city, in a way even spurs. They were never top and no one remembers teams the that finishes second

>actually defending the buyernwinslol league

>one CL in 15 years
That is actually true. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Being 5th (or 6th, 8th or 13th) + winning the Europa League= 1 title to celebrate + CL slot.

Being 4th = into preliminary play-off round to qualify for the CL

Being 2nd and Tottenham= 0 titles to celebrate + a chip on your shoulder.

If Man Utd wins the EL it'll be the most succesful english team this season after Chelsea.

they´ll finish in 6th, won´t they?

ajax will win the EL

don't watch sawker so pardon my ignorance, but does it really matter if a team finishes 2nd or 10th or 15th? do they receive extra perks or something?

Yes. And not like in your 'sports' where it's better to finish last than finish 2nd

this will happen, also Liverpool are going to slip top 4

could you explain to me what those perks are? from what I read the top 4 in the premier get a CL spot, but United might get a CL spot if they win the EL. so in the end, does it really matter for them if they finish 2nd or 6th or 15th?

>I read the top 4 in the premier get a CL spot, but United might get a CL spot if they win the EL. so in the end, does it really matter for them if they finish 2nd or 6th or 15th?
Yes if they don't win the EL. Plus money and prestige

Top 4 get CL. Top 7 get EL. correct

Every clubs sells tickets, no?

Sign Guidetti for one extra chance at cucking.

Lol no. Europa League should only be a source of pride for smaller money teams who have no shot at competing with Madrid, Barca, ManU, etc. The fact that ManU is even in that tourney is shameful`

I can't even fucking remember the last time Man Utd scored more than ONE goal with any regularity

Honestly feel like it's been years

The majority of the forward line/midfield should be taken out back and shot, starting with that fat fuck Rooney

Top 4 is so fierce nowadays, EL means something.

not a walkover. but a win.
none of knock out ties were walkovers. but every single one of them was a win.

Chelsea won the Europa league the year after winning the Champions league

>winning the Europa League= 1 title to celebrate

That's literally a loser bracket tourney. A real stretch calling that a title, at least for clubs like ManU

>people unironically think ajax have a chance
will be most boring 1-0 ever

>Take over a team that finished 5th
>Already the most expensive team in the league with the biggest wage bill
>Spend £200m
>play shitty defensive football
>Win the milk cup
>Play such shit park the bus football that you score zero goals away against the top 7 (until a late consolation own goal against Spurs)
>Start crying to the press and playing the victim as usual
>Get lucky with an easy as fuck run to the EL final against teams who's finances are dwarfed by United's

If he doesn't win against Ajax he should be sacked, worse than Van Laal

Borussia Dortmund routinely goes further in Yurop than EPLel teams tho.

Fucking Sevilla or Romas transfers dwarf Ajaxs. Do ABUs just expect United to roll ver and not try to get into the CL or something

They went as far as lester and were more pathetic against monaco than shitty

>pathetic against monaco
they literally had their bus bombed and were forced to play the next day

>mouyes two years ago
>lmao EL is a loser competition, you should be ashamed of competing there
>mouyes in August
>I wish we didn't play EL, what a waste of time, 100% focused on PL
>mouyes now
>Semis against biggest match in Manure history la, never cared about the league we're all abou big european competitions like the famed EL

FIFA/UEFA rules don't allow two or more teams from one franchise to compete in the same competition
>mfw Leipzig get cucked cas of a fucking energy drink

>Falling for their lame excuses

2 years ago? Are you talking about his comments when he took over, just after Chelsea had won the EL? Yeah, top 6 didn't exist around that time.

>expect United to roll ver
No, but with their shitty tactics and players they can simply get beaten, narrowly of course. Ajax are bunch of ambitious teenagers who can get their first taste of European relevancy, while Manure are ridiculously overpaid and stagnating mercenaries coached by washed up >mouyes. On one hand Ajax managed to choke their league to Feyenoord, on the other Manure barely got past Rostov or Celta Viga.
Manure HAVE to win, and there would be nothing to celebrate since it's just a duty. If they choke though, I fully expect >mouyes to commit suicide on the spot.

>biggest match in Manure history
That's been misinterpreted.

"It's also the most important match of our history. It doesn't matter what happened before, it doesn't matter how big matches we played before."
What's amusing is that clueless customers such as (You)rself will eat it up and feel like Manure achieved something if they manage to win the final. There isn't a fanbase even comparably as gullible

Why do you think I don't know the quote? Saying it's been misinterpreted implies I know what he said, no?

>clueless
That's you. Go and watch his post match press conference where he says that he felt Man Utd needed to match Celta's desire, as it was there biggest match in their history (first European semi-final). Unless you've already seen that and actually know what you're talking about, of course.

Jose wasn't even speaking on MU entire history, rather 'their' history. the of his time there since last summer.

This, it's hilarious to see Mouyes backtracking now that his stock has hugely dropped to second tier.

He was happy to shit all over the EL, now it's the biggest match ever and a great tournament, just forget they had to face teams like Brugge, Rostov and Celta Vigo on the way to the final.

Mourinho is totally a success blasting away nothing teams with 1/100th of his budget whilst playing shit football

>misinterpreted

everything mou says is misinterpreted if it doesn't fit a certain agenda. it's because he can't actually defend his actions.

>tfw united have spent half a billion to face some teenagers in a final
>tfw they might lose and miss out on champions league
>tfw mouyes will have a mental breakdown on the pitch if that happens

ManU fans should be thanking Mourinho everyday for the trophies and position they get this season.
The teams was complete rubish and he still wants to get rid of 4 rats who cant play.
United needs 5 big transfers at least to do well next season.

Literally said
>"I think in terms of motivation, we are even. For Celta it is, in their words, the most important match of their history. And my feelings, it's also the most important match of our history. It doesn't matter what happened before, it doesn't matter how big matches we played before."
Nothing to "misinterpret" there, what you're claiming is how you wish it to be perceived, not what >mouyes said himself.
>biggest match in Manure history according to the has-been fraud's feelings
>proceeds to draw at home against 12th team from Sunny Liga, on a 4 match losing run previously
>only thanks to City reject missing open net in last seconds
>mfw

>now that his stock has hugely dropped to second tier
Exactly, well put. It's not that EL suddenly became better competition, it's him who became EL-tier manager - and barely getting by with a squad that cost multiple times more than all of their opponents combined.

Based Slovak bro putting customers in their place as usual

>shit all over the EL
Proofs? Far as I know, he just said Chelsea should be competing in the CL. Which is, um, true. But I guess trying to get into the CL via the best available means contradicts this.

Not talking about everything, talking about this particular thing that Mourinho said.

He said those things because he wanted Man Utd to match the desire of Celta.

>Take over a team that finished 5th in the league
>Spend £200m more in transfers
>finish 6th
>DUDE HE DID AS GOOD AS HE POSSIBLY COULD!!

>spend 11989092031.76 Indian Rupees in summer of 2016
>just 5 more players la, and we're almost there

t. Jose Mourinho

>Alli is some talent but not sure we would be able to fit him in

Top kek.

Also why would somebody leave Spurs for a worse club like United?

>all these ABUs mad we have a shot at a treble this year
Sad!

>"The Europa League is a different competition (to the Champions League), the Europa League is a different level of competition for a different level of player and a different level of club. 'It is not good for a big club to go there and win it."
And now, two years later after he's been reduced to the >mouyes meme, EL semis against fucking Vigo are the "the most important match of our history". Sad!
;)

>McDonald's Community Shield
>Mickey Mouse's Sunday Fun Cup
>Minnie Mouse's Euro Friends Cup

>treble

It's like our /manutd/ general, except they're serious

What motivation is there to win the Europa trophy if they've already won the most important match in their history?

>Jose, are we the bad guys?
>Why Devils though? Other teams have cool badges like a lion or a hammer or a lark.

Somehow he's saying it's good now?

>still may lose 30% of their Adidas sponsorship if they manage to choke against pubescent Ajax academy boys
Now if that isn't sufficient motivation for Manure Ltd., I don't know what is

>this this doujin is complete shit outside of this one panel

>shitty name like the United Stand
>not the United States

lol people saying united are about the EL

United are an upper mid tier team in EPL. Perfect for a good run into the EL.

You faggots giving them shit for trying in the competition are clearly delusional about how good united actually are. Clear case of 'muh history'.

I love how much the old school United fans hate Mourinho and all the bullshit customers

No, not just good... "most important match ever"
He used to be like a IRL shitposter back in his prime, good irony and all. Someway along the way he became a shitty tripfag consumed by delusion and (You) whoring.

United customers have always been knee jerk morons, they were just lucky to be successful for so long that they had no reason to chimp out

>pl-pl-pls come home Ronaldo, look at our sponsorship deals! We can win the Europa league la!

>most important match ever
Which I disputed, in the post you replied to.

>I'll assume something disputed by my opponent, and use it to prove my point
Fucking stupid Slovak cunt.

Can't say you're wrong, but lets see customers admit how far Manure have fallen. Plus they aren't operating on a budget of midtable club, to this day I can't understand how retarded can someone be with their money

Have some compare and contrast

>this fucking bong shitting up a bants thread

>Which I disputed
No, you attemted to twist his words to suit your imaginary interpretation until I posted the whole thing.
>he felt Man Utd needed to match Celta's desire
That's how you wish he had put it, his literal words are "it's also the most important match of our history" - not playing like it was the important match, not matching their ambition since it's THEIR most important match... Our most important match in history :)

I love the absolutely brilliant trick Lingard does where he taps the ball past his man then runs really fast to get it

I am surprised they are able to keep up the spending.

I can only imagine now it's not about winning but buying popular players for merchandising.

It can't be too long for that to fail as players refuse to play for a boring club

>it's taken 45 years, but you've finally see a half decent United fan

>marketability as No.1 argument when discussing a player
We can mock them with customer memes all we want, they actually embrace and enjoy it. How does one person become such parody of a fan?

>starts season with 22 trophies
>has so far 24
>is in an european final
>reminder The Great One has never lost one of those
>reminder it's against A Fucking Cleaning Product
>25 then
>3 new trophies
>picking up a club that was the joke of the continent because of how easily conned they were paying 40-45M for average players and 80M for meme promising pacey nigs and giving absurdly long contracts to end of career memes
>brings best striker of his generation
>brings best midfielder in the world
>brings unknown CB that quickly gains a reputation as the most efficient and composed in the league
>in 2 months the team performances are praised by fans as amazing
>media cannot deny the outstanding play as the data is there, like the amount of chances created per game
>25 unbeaten run: a team that can't be beaten
Mourinho is quite clearly at the top of his game, and miles ahead anybody else. the league title will arrive next season naturally, it's not even a question, the unknown is how competitive United will be in the CL. I reckon a QF is what's possible, but knowing Jose he'll push into a semi.