Wtf the strokes just copied this album

wtf the strokes just copied this album

interpol did it first

>2002 vs 2001

>interpol formed 1997
>the strokes 1998

You always say this shit and have never tried to prove it actually comparing songs.

not him but 12:51 does sound similar to venus

They copied it but without any of the talent so it's like they didn't even copy it in the first place

They sound nothing alike my dude.

I will never get this meme honestly.
Television is a lot more funnier, while The Strokes seemed to me they were taking themselves more seriously.
Also they don't sound a lot the same.

Nice bait

>They sound nothing alike
this is just blatantly not correct

Prove It

lmao

underrated post

overrated post

Iggy Pop's Lust for Life too

This

Compare a song in this record to a song on Is This It.

Very solid song, might be the worst on the album tho.

I don't get the "Strokes ripped off Television" thing. They're definitely similar, but they're not that much alike.
If you ask me, they actually primarily ripped off the Modern Lovers.

nice

the albums sound almost nothing alike except for the dual guitar interplay (which you could say about many albums)

the reality is that the strokes liked TVU and iggy pop more than they listened to Television. Their music is much more blues influenced than Television would ever do (see: NYC Cops) and way less jazz influenced. their drums are just straight rock drumming, there's no weird time signatures or extended mixolydian guitar solos

vocally they're different as well. the strokes focus on strong vocal melodies backed up by guitar riffs. Television seems to focus more on lyrics and guitar. Verlaine's vocal melodies do not seem to take the forefront in their music

absolutely wrong

this desu

are you saying that The Strokes copied Iggy or that Iggy copied Television?

+1

They also ripped off Wire, if Wire were fucking shit

this but objectively

This. The Strokes are a "revival" band what do you expect.

nah they went for The Chameleons