What's all this fuss about this Falcon Heavy rocket about? What's so important about it?

What's all this fuss about this Falcon Heavy rocket about? What's so important about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6mcz-p3q8BU
youtube.com/watch?v=YWX_MFNOL_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=1Sh6UqeRHdM
youtube.com/watch?v=pXSGocWifAg
youtube.com/watch?v=lNqo0kIR-TU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ITS BIG

It's really not. Ask the same about the launch of every new iPhone and why every pleb is getting excited for something they will be getting no improvement out of.

its really heavy so its hard to lift up

not another one

Means we going to Mars nigga!

Someone will. Unlikely you. You probably didn't even sign up or pass first stage qualifications.

> Shortlistedanon
> gonna die on Mars
> my grave will look down upon everyone else who ever lived or who ever has lived up until that point

What are you planning for your legacy?

Dont be jealous that someone is more succesfull than you.

Why do we need to go to mars?

mars needs moms you faggot

Nice projection, stupid nigger, i was really interested to know more about it when i heard it today on TV for the first time.

We don't need to to many of the things we do. We do them because we want to.

Also, eventually, the Earth will be consumed by the sun. If our species is to survive we need off this planet at some point. Of course by that point we'd not be human anymore, we'd have evolved, but even so... planning early is prudent.

>look down
>from another planet
fucking retard

Elon Musk launched a giant penis substitute into space, presumably because he can't please the wife he's been married to 3 or 4 times,

>planning 5 billion years early.
>must preserve our species
go to mars, kill your immune system, get bone atrophy and die of cancer in 1 year.

what a meme planet

They put a car into space for shits n giggles and the new rockets didn't blow up. That's about it.

5 generations later

>>we really kronenberged the planet up, didnt we elon

A car playing David Bowie my friend. Man kind. Fuck yeah.

youtube.com/watch?v=6mcz-p3q8BU
David Bowie - starman

>planning early is prudent.
You think it's good to plan 2 billion years ahead... ?

Fucking over reaching.

There is no need to go to mars.

Waste of money

something something not because it is easy but because it is hard

something something new frontiers

At the time JFK said that people literally thought the moon was made of cheese.

It was important to return samples to prove the geology of the moon... which solidified the evidence for the giant impact hypothesis.

We know what mars is made of. There is no benefit to going there.

There's a lot of technology that's made from those endevours. Just consider zip lock bags and a whole lot of things.

You'd be surprised at how much technology has transferred, I used to work for them and it's pretty cool. It's idiots that think it'll from space aliens. Those are nut jobs.

youtube.com/watch?v=YWX_MFNOL_Y
Cat people - Bowie

So to answer OPs question directly, we don't know and want to know what's there.

What would be a good expenditure of money in your opinion? Sending it to niggers in africa?

Memes aside, it sounds fucking wicked around the 30 second mark through with headphones

youtube.com/watch?v=1Sh6UqeRHdM

youtube.com/watch?v=pXSGocWifAg
Bowie - Space Oddity

youtube.com/watch?v=lNqo0kIR-TU
DAVID BOWIE - Ashes To Ashes (2000)

That's pretty big.

Spending a comparable amount on solar power farms.

That might even save the planet

It's the biggest commercial rocket in existence, and it didn't explode on the pad. The boosters are even reusable. The implication is that we can get large payloads to Mars for cheap, and it was done without NASA's help.