How many of you have recently

How many of you have recently

>visited theater
>read a book
>visited art exhibition or museum
>went to classical music concert or opera?

Other urls found in this thread:

jumpshare.com/v/46jrYryVmDXbEkcKv3Mb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I aint got no money for any of that.

Seen a few plays online, while ago, tho.

I read for an hour erryday.
Currently re reading "Gates of Fire" by Steven Pressfield.

I do all of that regularly because I'm an arty fucker. Come at me bros.

What are you gay?

This is just normal shit. Most people will have done at least 2 of pf them. Only niggers and retards don't read books.

Theatres are generally not for me
Last book was weeks ago
Last gallery/museum was weeks ago, next is next week
Used to play in an orchestra but since then had no desire to attend a concert

Good book

>visited theater
Last year because I was forced, theatre is bad acting shit
>read a book
Can't remember because I only like scifi, fantasy and weird shit, I don't know what's good in scifi (read the classics already) and fantasy is always written by what seems to be an edgy teenager
Never because art is shit, museum would be nice I guess but don't act all mighty because you looked at a thing from a distance when I saw the same thing on google with a whole detailed article about it
Never, since I like sound quality and don't need a crowd coughing over it, my speakers do just fine and I listen to more of it than you

My roomate always plays Janet in rhps I just finished reading it for the 4th time seeing max Richter this week so I win lol. Life is awesome for a subway employee

done all of that in the past month, except for the museum.
boom, I win

>murka

i read probably one novel a week. i'm fortunate in that my job doesn't require much action. i would love to visit a theater, art exhibition, or classical music concert though.

Who the fuck doesn't read books? Books are like a thousand times better than TV.

I'm a poorfag so I haven't been able to go to the theatre or a concert in a few years. The art gallery and museum are always good fun though

>theatre
Have to say it's been a while

>book
Reading 4 books currently

>museum
A month ago

>concert
Went to listen to Beethoven's works last year

what books are you reading and what do you like?

i have been reading a lot of Harry Turtledove alt history novels but his writing style is driving me fucking nuts and I need something new.

Never seen an orchestra live since I like sound quality, my speakers...
God I must resist the urge to destroy this phone screen after reading that shit

Lol it's obvious that Americans are sleeping right now...

Classic dumb phoneposter

He's really gay

So what are you trying to wash down with that cold glass of pretension?

lonely fag

Who else is gunna keep your mom company?

Who needs friends when I have art?

I'm about half way through "A Confederacy of Dunces". It's really good and hilarious!
The main character is the ultimate B/Tard from the late 60's in New Orleans. Lives with his mom, super educated, self-absorbed assclown that does his best to remake the social order to his liking.
Genius book. You all really should read. It's that good.

It's so good I should read it? Fuck dude what a glowing reivew

It is. don't sleep on it.

What aspect of his story do you enjoy the most?

Who needs what when I have why.

i read a book

I read books all the time. The rest of those things are pretentious.

ex fucking actly

You've never been to a classical music concert? Clearly American

1: January last year
2: 2 months ago
3: Space exhibit last year
4: 2 years ago

The writing style. It combines classic setting descriptions with realistic speech from the characters.
The Journal writings from the main character will make you LOL, as he describes his reasons for doing whatever he did.

Does a Kindle count as a book?
I've got about 500 books on mine, haven't read anything in over a week though.
Went to an art exhibition four months ago and a city themed ditto two months ago.
Haven't been to the theatre/opera for many years.

Do I win something for participating in this staggeringly judgemental thread?

Pic unrelated

>no
>yes I read all the time, but mostly non-fiction
>no
>no

pictured current b00k

t. american who is not asleep at 3am

>visited theater
Just pirate it breaux
Live theatre? much ado about nothing.

>read a book
Reading The Long Walk by Stephen King.

Museum in november last year, going to town tomorrow to see an art exhibition.

>went to classical music concert or opera
Just pirate it breaux

Concert - Final Fantasy 30th anniversary at the symphony. Orchestra, choir, that kinda crap

no
yes
no
5 months ago

Read a few books in past month. Been to 1 museum this year

>visited a theatre
In december to see King Iggy
>read a book
Just finished Dance-dance-dance by Haruki Murakami
>visited an exhibition
my sister is good frienda with this one guy she used to go to universiry with so he had exhibition
>classical music concert
never tbh

ibi

Fucking autocorrect

Read only. Minds, machines, and evolution by James p. Hogan. Not into the rest of that

Read two books this week and went to the movies

Art belongs to all people, not just elite.

I've done all of those things in the past week bar the classical/opera.

>saw "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri"
>finished reading "Hard Times" by Dickens; it was shit
>visited the British Museum the same day I went to the cinema; it was great

A long time ago except for a book. I have no money to be enjoying the "finer things". Poorfag. Right now I am reading an ebook that I pirated.

>visited theater. If AMC counts, multiple times a week for the last 5 months
>read a book
I read the bible multiple times a week. And the spark notes.
Visited the Moma about 5 months back
Never

Hemingway loved all those things. Was he "gay"?

Theater - Movie theater not that long ago, but actual theatre it's been a long time...

Book - Just put it down about and hour ago

Museum - 6 months ago when I was downtown... was free and had some cool history

concert/opera - Never in my life aside from school level shit... I do however listen to classical music while I study or sleep or as background music... big Beethoven fan

Museum (history, art, and presidential recently) and books pretty regularly. Fuck the others. Don't want to watch a bunch of fags prancing on stage and classical music is ok but not for what they want for tickets.

I read but not gay shit

>visited theater
1 week ago
>read a book
currently
2 weeks ago
nope

The older and more refined you become the more you appreciate subtlety... But with that being said, I think oprah concerts and theatres are outdated for most people unless you have a certain passion for it... Museums are very cool and so is art, classical music is amazing if you really get into listening to it and books... come on man you gotta do books... at least do some audio books... Anna Karenina, Crime and Punishment, Moby Dick etc..... you are seriously missing out on life if you haven't read some of worlds most epic novels... It'd be like if someone told you 'this is the funniest movie ever made' and you never saw it... dude ur missing out

>I read the bible multiple times a week. And the spark notes.
So you like fantasy, are you into GoT?

I want to read and have a degree in English Literature, but the problem is that I'm an alcoholic so reading is nearly impossible nowadays. Although I enjoy reading what you nigger-faggots have to say.

>wasting time on art
Pass. Books are relevant unless you're referring to "classic literature" which is also pointless. If you enjoy it good on you, but if you think it makes you a better person for doing so you can fuck off.

Reading fiction has been proven to increase empathy as it enables us to better understand peoples behaviour, emotions and response to situations so you're a nigger.

I´m not really in a very cultured country. But I read constantly and can look at art exhibitions from time to time.

Opera is gay as fuck dude, and the theater is not for everybody. Pretty much like general music and movies, you won´t like each and every concert or play.

Reading the iliad by homer, where i live there isnt much scope for opera or theatre, although in summer watching wicked

This is some basic shit.

>theatre
ive seen wicked a few times and jesus christ super star
wicked is brilliant jesus christ can go fuck himself
>read a book
does articles and journals count? i read a lot of stuff about mixing and audio engineering, i read passages of books to apply to my work often but never fiction
>museum or art exhibition
does my own exhibition count? last time i went to a museum i was having a cig with a homeless dude, he was a nice dude but spice is a hell of a drug
>classical music concert of opera
i saw a quartet play in a cave in majorca a few months ago, it was brilliant, no amps no speakers - truly an experience, although i would punch a baby if i went back

>empathy from fictional characters
And this is why the west is falling, you ground yourself in delusion. Same as all those saying more immigrants is a good thing because they feel like by bringing them in they as a an individual will be a better person for it. Empathy gets you killed.

>>visited theater
Approx. two years ago.

>>read a book
Yesterday evening

>>visited art exhibition or museum
Four months ago

>>went to classical music concert or opera?
Two weeks ago (Elbphilharmonie Hamburg, AMAZING)

>visited theater
Yes
>read a book
Yes
Yes
I've tried multiple times and I live in NYC so it's easy to find this sort of thing, I just don't enjoy it.

you seriously think pirating a show of a convert or an opera is even remotely similar to the experience of going in person?
i pity you

Empathy doesn't get you killed. Quite the opposite. We have empathy so that we can interpret the behaviour of others, which is a useful survival tool. Better to grasp the intentions of another person if that person is a potential threat.

Right now I'm reading:

>Atlas Shrugged (again)
>Ordinary Men
>Columbine
>Dawn of War (W4k)

Like GoT and bible secrets revealed.
Post YOUR STATS!

Maybe it is San Fransisco's influence, that everything related to 'beaux arts' has become synonymous with homosexuality, especially in the States. Not so much elsewhere, for example, Verdi's "Nabucco" slave choir theme became unofficial anthem of Italian revolutionary movement and fight for re-unification in 19th century.

jumpshare.com/v/46jrYryVmDXbEkcKv3Mb
does this count

lol WTF