/lit/ couldn't help me, so maybe Sup Forums can. What's this book called again?

/lit/ couldn't help me, so maybe Sup Forums can. What's this book called again?

Uuuuuuhm.

I just bought a Fiskars X7 X-Series Hatchet

pic related

what am i in for finlords?

what the fuck does that mean

Tyhmä amerikkalainen koira

The Cay > Hatchet

Still the only book i have actually read in my life

all the rest i used spark notes... this one was pretty good though

finnish people have no central heating so they need to chop wood to burn to survive

Wish they would make a decent movie of it. The tv one sucked. There's a big market out there for both YA adaptations and thriller/survival films and if they wanted to they could make it a trilogy.

briankino

Not with this fucking cover, user.

more like the gay

Still one of my favorite books even if Brian was a mentally challenged (and later mentally ill) wreck of a person
My side of the mountain was a little more realistic

in my side of the mountain the kid builds a hotel out of trees and stuff

>that scene in Brian's Hunt where a kid pushes a door into Brian so Brian smashes the kid's head and groin into smithereens with palm strikes

I loved these books.

Hackshit

Yeah but he at least reads up on stuff and takes the time to learn things instead of acting like a literal caveman

It's a great book if you're in 2nd grade. I honestly had a huge survivalist obsession after reading books like these. Didn't help that my name is Brian.

I meant to add that they're kids books. If you still like them, okay. But there's better /lit/ out there for adults. And it probably doesn't need a movie, just like Red Fern didn't.

As someone who frequents /lit/ I feel the need to mention that these are books written for children.
read whatever you want though.

I literally made this post just for that response.

I loved these books growing up. What are some good survivalist books for big boys?

Idk man it's kind of a childish fantasy.

Most of it gets pretty bleak like The Road if done "realistically"

Into the Wild is another one. Decent movie, too.

no shit

Did anybody else read this?

I actually really liked the Road and 'into the wild' too.

Something really satisfying about isolation adventure.

That wasn't me frogman

My Side of the Mountain is the GOAT surviving innawoods novel. I started hollowing out a tree to actually try that when I was younger but then we got the internet and I was like lolfuckgoingoutside.

The internet was a mistake. ;_;

yeah sure okay keep telling yourself that bucko

>posting frogs
>implying this gives you power over me

>he doesnt know

My brother actually decided to run away from home because of these 2 fucking books. The funny thing is that we lived out in the middle of buttfuck nowhere anyway without TV/Internet.

He came back like 5 hours later for supper.

I wonder how many kids have running away to live in the woods stories from being forced to read these books in school.

RICK GO GET ME MY COPY OF GARY PAULSEN'S YOUNG ADULT NOVEL HATCHET!

A HACHET?

this is the true wilderness kino

I'd second the road.
It's less
>I did this and built this and ate this, I need to get home
And more
>we went here and found this and ate this and sat quietly for hours because I heard a noise that might have been a person; and coughed blood oh fuck I'm gonna die eventually and my son is gonna be fucked fuck fuck fuck, and then we got up and my feet hurt and we ate beans

I have one, it chops pretty well. Some people have said they had issues with splinters getting beneath the "coating" on the blade. I haven't had issues, but seems like a good purchase.