Is there any other country in history that has grown so rapidly in global mass recognition and cultural popularity as...

Is there any other country in history that has grown so rapidly in global mass recognition and cultural popularity as this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DvDPinu7pVY
youtube.com/watch?v=dislD8JqdmE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No.

Japan

Japan was already a major power before ww2.

After the Korean war, South Korea was the poorest country in the world by far.

Colombia due to the Narcos tv show, Despacito, and due to Sup Forums

It's mass viral marketing pushed by a select group of korean jews

Bravo korea

Because Japan supported S.Korea

Germany?

>due to Sup Forums
>implying this garbage outcast board has any influence whatsoever

Sup Forums put Colombia on the map, dude.

ireland

>cultural popularity as this
literally made up. you literally never hear of the country name outside weeb/azn sites. go outside, nerd

Disgusting

greece

btw i am a greek

Colombia has been on the map for decades because of the drug war.

You're welcome.

I really don't understand why they are using the flag of symbol of vassal state of China

Latvia

Who's that chick? She's fucking hot....

>Narcos tv show
Fair
>Despacito
Puerto Rican.
>Sup Forums
Yes. Colombia is known around the world and constantly talked about on massively broadcasted interviews thanks to Sup Forums, you're absolutely correct.

Is she a male?

In my experience the only people who actually care about Korean cultural exports are other Asians or Asian diaspora. Most western people might buy Korean electronics or cars, but they don't care about the rest.

noticed uwu

America tier post

I watch k-pop videos on Youtube after every time I masturbate. I do it without err and I masturbate often. I prefer the boybands because the girl bands tend to do insufferable cutesy songs and videos. The girl bands that attempt to be more hardcore usually end up falling apart soon after. I have also noticed that the good stuff like the following tends to start appearing when summer is coming. They release the best ones in late spring, hoping to become summer hits. Most of k-pop is awful slow songs and OST shit. When fall falls, man, they love their slow and depressing songs. The few golden nuggets inbetween are what I keep rewatching over and over again. You watch them so many times you naturally become interested in the lyrics and usually the lyrics disappoint. I think Block B is the only boyband whose lyrics didn't disappoint. They of course didn't succeed unlike all the party songy bands. This hobby of mine began in 2009 when GeeGee was posted often on Sup Forums.

Recent boyband one:
youtube.com/watch?v=DvDPinu7pVY

Recent random funny one, song's surprisingly good:
youtube.com/watch?v=dislD8JqdmE

>grown rapidly in recogntion in popularity
Amongst whom? Only semi-educated and educated urban girls below 30 in my experience.

I believe same can be said to Japanese/Chinese cultural product? (Well, there are still some followers outside Asian for Japanese/Chinese cultural product but same is also true for Korean)
Consider the timespan between Meiji era and wwii

Americans have a weird fetish about them, they'll watch hours of 'koreans react to x' videos on youtube

I personally have noticed a surprising amount of people here that enjoy listening to kpop

Don't know if you would consider Australia as 'west' though