ITT: Post your last 5 rates on RYM and discuss music

ITT: Post your last 5 rates on RYM and discuss music

Even if you've only heard an artist on someone else's list, or are curious about their work, at least make an effort to talk about music.

Other urls found in this thread:

timejob9.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's more or less the same score I gave to LTG to.

It's not bad, it's honestly just kinda boring and plain.

Doesn't work to David Byrne's strengths, and I can't speak on St. Vincent as it's the only thing of hers I've heard.

Still haven't listened to TPATGOD even though I've been meaning to for ages.
What is it you like about it so much?

recently found a 10/10, but don't tell anyone

bad music taste
never heard none if these albums before, except The Piper Gates of Dawn, which is not that good
you seriously discovered Metallica just now?

I'll have to give Slint a re-listen. Was a little distracted at the time with my co-worker playing Steel Panther really loud.

I've put off listening to Metallica for the longest time because of their fans.
Are they really worth diving all into, or are only their most noteworthy albums worth a listen?
>bad music taste
Wonderful insight.
Can't comment on your taste as I have heard none of those.

The brass on LTG was nice but something about the production was jarring and nothing really stuck with me.
TPATGOD combines a lot of my favorite musical themes, Psych rock, space rock, and Syd does this trippy twee fairytale thing that I like a lot. Frankly i'd up the score even more if it had Arnold Layne and See Emily Play on it

master of puppets is very good only 66/1705 of my ratings are 10/10 so you know....

I agree wholeheartedly regarding LTG.
The elements were there for a good combo, but it just didn't come together as well as it should have in theory.

Well I'm big on psych rock, and while I've enjoyed every other PF album I've heard, I haven't listened to much beyond entry level just because they're so big.
Shitty reason I know.

strokes rating is proper. A rare album where the album experience and almost every individual song experience in themselves are equally good...but its not timeless, it's DEFINITELY not revolutionary...and yeah.

Lol that ILYS album...i gave it a 6. The songs are decent, and definitely unique, but there's this humorous atmosphere throughout that is too potent. Fun atmosphere is 1 thing, but It feels like it should be accompanied with some sort of theatrical slapstick play or something lol. Unique at best, novelty at worst.

I thinj ride the lightning is the best :)

what's your profile name? You seem pretentious and I want to find out if your just talking big and think loveless is a 10 lmao.

Spiderland took me 2 tries to click. First try without looking at lyrics, second try with. The lyrics are literally everything, and the music by itself seems hollow without, but with makes the music seem like extremely moody , eerie, important sounding post rock. as for tweez...lol , i like it, but in a "it's so trashy and bad sounding that I can't look away" kind of way...

it's really a mystery why Piper at the Gates of Dawn is so underrated and overlooked

How bad is everything now?

Because I enjoy all their previous albums, yes even reflektor (would give it about a 7/10).

But I'm hesitant to even try to listen to EN because of the shite reviews it gets.

The only thing that makes me think I wouldn't completely hate it is the people comparing several tracks to ABBA, who I love.

honestly i dont think its really THAT bad, but after the opening track its really a huge mess of bad ideas. I love the idea of danceable Arcade Fire, actually i was expecting an ABBA-ish album with some disco influences, but the album is, like a said before, a huge mess.

It's pretty highly regarded outside of popular opinion but since it's not 70s Floyd it gets passed up

I'm inclined to agree with you and I've been thinking about bumping it down to a flat 7 or high 6, it was a ton of fun to listen to and had some great moments but I'm not sure how much staying power it has

hi fantano

bumpo

jeez, Thweatt has twelve albums and only *two* entire RYM rates across all of them. What an empty looking discography

That STGSTV rating hurts

It's downright terrible

I hit a good streak

solid scores
Spiderland is a grower
Tweez is underrated imo

bumo

good taste
>AJFA below 4 stars
+Makthaverskan
hello dad

Never heard that Rolling Stones record. How's it stack up to their other work?

I haven't listened to much of their work so I couldn't tell you
I do prefer Exile on Main St. to it though

bump

just as Bryan said I'm shocked that a student able to profit $7511 in 4 weeks on the computer . check this site out>>>>>>>>>>>
timejob9.com/

holy shit, I haven't seen spam like that on something other than Sup Forums in years. wtf?

what's with the weird spam

Piper is alright, 5 stars feels a bit much for me
Rating of Everything Now is too high
3 stars for AMMMusic is just mean
Oxygene is fun but I can't imagine enjoying it enough to give it a 4.5

lame
>black album above ajfa
four

I really wanted to like it because I love free improvisation, but idk it didn't do much for me.

Man that Ofra Haza was disappointing, I got excited after listening to Pump Up the Volume and was totally let down

Your ratings are a bit too high for me to recognize if they actually mean anything

In Dreams is exponentially better than Piper, but you've rated them both too high

Whew lad, that said, even though it's a Lou Reed album, Lulu was genuinely the best album Metallica was a part of

Hallowed Ground made me realize I'd gotten overwhelmed by the hype of Violent Femmes' best songs and they weren't actually that good overall

AMMMusic rating is way too low, but maybe try The Crypt or Newfoundland instead...Sun Ra actually has some great stuff more in that vein too like Strange Strings but most people on RYM just like his fusion stuff

Disgusting

I feel like you can only love Oxygene if it's your first album, there's really much better stuff by other artists from that time

>skipping Odelay
??

I remember loving Von Goldafischer, but I assume that album is more like Rotomotor which I found mediocre, was Goldafischer really such an outlier in his discography or have I misremembered it?

Rating Another Band as anything above a 2 is a crime and invalidates the purpose of a 5 star rating system

Yeah I'd say Von Goldafischer is an outlier. His 2015 album was just outright terrible, some of the worst tape music I've heard in a while.

I already listened to Odelay some time ago. I'm just now getting to the rest of his discography

>your ratings are a bit too high
What can I say, I like most music I listen to quite a bit.

>rap music
>four stars out of five for the strokes

manthrowingup.jpg

What avant teen music do you like user?

An underground japanese band throwing broken glass into a pool of water for 2 hours and left as is with occasional howling in the background?

I really only listen to one album these days.

Ok, slightly overrated. Is This It deserves four stars, though.

Piper doesn't deserve five stars desu, but the rest I can agree on. Roy was great.

Lel, watched any needledrop video recently?

I couldn't stand that second Violent Femmes album; probably only 1 star for me.

Good