What do you guys think of The Pixies? I just started listening to them

What do you guys think of The Pixies? I just started listening to them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fyEpGSAw0lU&list=PLLvco1Aeczp_i5q73cuWgZFq_Sa-wGDhj
youtube.com/watch?v=SzoAKLUTNtc
youtube.com/watch?v=ksJNALKISiw&list=PLCE318CF2E473D491
youtube.com/watch?v=3JI7iUYyDVA&list=PLqs6r_szCdHVdf2o5_LcEk51wIuGV7_pV
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

THIS MONKEYS

Fucking love them, imo the best band ever existed. Also, they've influenced most of the alternative scene, a lot of bands just ripped them off and stole their audience

Best band, was a shame when Kim left

pleb here, where is my mind is great
any recommendations to start with?

Op here. I just downloaded their album Doolittle. I've listened to it from start to finish to day and it's pretty awesome. The reason I decided to start with this one is because I only knew their song Debaser from a skate game.

Also sorry for the shit grammar, it's almost 3AM where I live.

Also discovered them after watching Fight Club, after hearing WIMM thought there are some kind of modern hipster band. Boy oh boy, how wrong was I.
First 3 albums are just pure gold, personally love tracks like Caribou, Gouge Away, Break My Body (especially from the Purple Album), Tame, Debaser... but I recommend to heck out all of their early work

Surfer rosa is also very good. Haven't listened to the other albums yet myself

1:33 AM in my country :)
Based skate games, THPS soundtracks build my music taste from the beginning, most influential thing when I was growing up. Greatly recommend checking them out!

listen to them in order of release.

bonus points: you find the soundtrack to "The Golem" that Black Francis made. it's essentially a 45 minute pixies song.

Not going to lie they haven't influenced shit. And Kurt Cocaine had the opportunity to jam w/ them, but pussied out cause he was intimidating by that 400 lb vocalist/guitarist cause he thought he was going to rape him.

youtube.com/watch?v=fyEpGSAw0lU&list=PLLvco1Aeczp_i5q73cuWgZFq_Sa-wGDhj

Nice, thanks guys, don't think I've heard any of their earlier stuff. Looks like I'll be downloading their discography soon :)

heh

"Anybody touches my shit.. an' you FUCKING DIE."

All I know...
... is that there were rumours he was into field hockey players...
there were rumours...

- so I applied basically

- he was gone the next day

- and I went off with the team

- it's like - he was got - they'd just like
It was like so hush hush
They were so... quiet about it...
And then the next thing you know...

Smells Like Teen Spirit was Kurt trying to write a Pixies style song

.....cookie I think you're
TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEEE

Yup, he openly admitted he was ripping them off constantly. Also, a bunch of other bands like Radiohead or Bowie were talked about how Pixies created the new alternative music quality and took inspiration from them. I recommend the "Gouge" Documentary about Pixies (recently taken off from youtube, pity)

Pixies are the shit. A lot of bands have tried to imitate their sound, but they put an energy into their music thats hard to copy. Underrated imo.

Greatly underrated, like the Ramones on the punk rock scene

Easily one of the best bands of all times. Almost all their songs are amazing. Pure Legend.

I recommend just listening to their albums. The music speaks for itself.

Surfer Rosa is godlike, and has tits on the cover

Their lyrics are batshit insane, love Black Francis for that

There might be hope for you crazy kids after all.

god tier

in reverse order...

#6 – Indie Cindy (2014)
#5 – Trompe le Monde (1991)
#4 – Bossanova (1990)
#3 – Come On Pilgrim (1987)
#2 – Surfer Rosa (1988)
#1 – Doolittle (1989)

IMAO older stuff from them was way better

It's all good though. Their last album Head Carrier (2016) was actually better than Indie Cindy and pretty close to the level of the old stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=SzoAKLUTNtc

Sitting here wishing on a cement floor
Just wishing that I had just something you wore
Bloody your hands on a cactus tree
Wipe it on your dress and send it to me

You forgot the Purple Tapes you fucking pleb, that should be ~1 Pixies on everyone's list.

youtube.com/watch?v=ksJNALKISiw&list=PLCE318CF2E473D491

Tape 1 is best

youtube.com/watch?v=3JI7iUYyDVA&list=PLqs6r_szCdHVdf2o5_LcEk51wIuGV7_pV

the raw fucking energy on those!

Hey

Been tryin' to meatcha

Whorez in my head

Yes!

you posted this thread on Sup Forums and got shit on for having bad taste in music so you had to come to Sup Forums to post it, just so you could get the attention you wanted lmao
the pixies are not good

taste !?!.. why not just say you're a giant faggot, I was into 'taste' when I was 14, then I grew up and realised that 90% of those who banged on about taste didn't even understand the most basic elements of music, let alone played an instrument to any degree of proficiency, those 'taste' officionado's are just cult followers wearing the tribal badges and money donors paying for the cocaine and whores of the guru's using them. Those same guru's know what iare good examples and bad examples of the many 'genres' they borrow fropm to create thier own shit. You are just a pleb, a useful tool to be used and abused for the betterment and amusement of your betters.

Honestly I loved them back in the day but the music doesn't hold up. Frank Black's solo stuff on the other hand is timeless. Highly recommend teenager of the year and his first solo album frank black

You may want to check out "Human Sexual Response" they are another Boston band, from the New Wave era. They were a big influence on the Pixes. Their second album "In a Roman Mood" tracks like "Bodyguard" and "Marone Offering" you can hear their influence.

Best album IMO

been listening to them for 20+ years.