How does it make you feel knowing that there is no Heaven or Hell and only eternal oblivion awaits you at death?

How does it make you feel knowing that there is no Heaven or Hell and only eternal oblivion awaits you at death?

I think it's kinda sad that religious people waste their life praying to a God that doesn't exist.

Proof of Gods lack of existence or kys.

It doesn't hurt anyone and it is psychologically comforting.
I for one welcome the abyss. I assume it'll be a lot like before I was born.

maybe because it kind of is?

The idea of existing forever sounds like abject cruelty to me. I hope it's just lights out.

This is not how burden of proof works.

It's fucking terrifying. Shit keeps up at night sometimes.

I used to get scared to death when I was little because of the thought of living forever as an angle, doing the same things over and over again for eternity. Obviously when I got older it went away because I actually figured out Heaven gives you eternal bliss and time doesn't exist there like it does on earth, but owell.

You dont know if there is a God, or if there isnt. I do know if there WAS a God, we humans will be nothing more then fungi on a petri dish.

God is in a quantum super state at the moment, this omnipotent being exists and doesn't exist at the same time.

Saying that he doesn't exist is just as stupid as saying he does exist, after all, we are just mold on a tiny spot somewhere in a huge universe

Well we are not in trial. If we where you would know that you do have the burden of proof. Given that mankind has believed in gods or God that side would be given the benefit of the doubt and it is up to you to prove it otherwise.

Nice try. Now kys or post a nude.

And I am not frightened of dying
Any time will do, I don't mind
Why should I be frightened of dying?
There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime

>If a lot of people believe X then X must be true
>If the majority has believed in X for a long time despite never proving it then X must be true
Do you realize how stupid you sound?

>How does it (make you) feel
Obvious lead-in for a self-worshiped opinion.
>kinda sad that
That turn of phrase is always a launchpad for condescension.

You're a self-absorbed twat. The obviousness of that eclipses this insipid debate you're trying to start.

The only thing that keeps me going anymore is knowing it will end.

Thankfully, I'll never have to find out.

user, I'm not trying to change your beliefs. I can only tell you about my experience. If someone tells me there are 3 inch tall humans who live underground in my backyard, I'm not going to believe that. Even if they claim to have seen them themselves. Even if they have pictures. My brain says that's not true, so I don't believe it.

So they tell me to go look for myself. With God that's an experience of the mind obviously. I decide to intentionally seek to understand something about God.

Today I am 100% convinced God exists. I would not have known that had I not tried to purposely "look" for God for myself.

Can't prove shit to you or anyone else. I can only say I was never going to accept what I didn't see (spiritually) for myself. When I looked, I found.

You are an idiot.

if you are dumb enough to bring in burden of proof and not know how that law/debate mechanic works then what the fuck are you doing?

You are a waste of space. KYS

You're the one who doesn't know how it works. When someone makes a claim, they have to prove it. Because there is no proof for the existence of a God, it's said that's there's no sufficient evidence against one and most likely there is none. Just because lots of people have believed it for a long time doesn't mean it has any credit.

Deist here

I am kind of hoping for some form of reincarnation, however, I do understand nothingness is the most likely scenario. I wouldn't lie and say the thought doesn't scare me, but I tend to try and not think of it too much.

Schrodinger's Cat

Learn to use google...type up burden of proof....read...stop being an idiot or kys.

Good luck on life...you must be autistic. Well I have better things to do than educate you on how to debate or reason.

>How does it make you feel knowing that there is no Heaven or Hell and only eternal oblivion awaits you at death?
Whelp, that's a load off of my mind! Thanks, pal!

God both does and doesn't exist. To prove that God exists, you'd have to be God yourself, and have the omniscience to know all things. In our human form however, we'recommend simply too limited to know anything beyond what's been given to us by the root of our existence.

nothing cannot be omniscient and omnipotent at the same time.