Why are Germans often so smug? What makes them have that sense of superiority and that feeling of self-righteousness...

Why are Germans often so smug? What makes them have that sense of superiority and that feeling of self-righteousness? It's almost like a more intense 'mother knows best' position. Or am I just imagining things?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xwrX-LN9-L0
youtube.com/watch?v=rmpo0csiIMs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Germans like the EU because the EU makes them the most powerful nation in Europe.

Of course they want to see anyone who threatens that position suffer.

I just picked that pic because it was the most on-topic pic in my folder under german* files. I was talking in general, not just regarding the EU.

>country wants to leverage its strength and negotiate the best possible deal for itself
>"those spiteful Huns want to see us suffer!"
ah yes, the much acclaimed British journalism

The same reason why the US is so smug.

Because we can afford it.

This.

The free market favours each country in what they do best, and the german industry has gained immensely from it.

Also the EU is a system used to invest in foreign country, such as Ireland or Poland, without the EU how are we going to benefit from such investments.

Damn son you got that right.

But seriously, if OP had any political knowledge whatsoever then he would know that Germany always tries to shy away from appearing to have a leadership position.

Asserting your own (national) interest is as much 'smug' as persuing your self-interest is arrogant. Only people that deem you to be inferior will deem you like this.

>What makes them have that sense of superiority and that feeling of self-righteousness?

They always had that, probably because there is so many of them.

will think'

See

Germans are the Canadians of Europe. They never shut the fuck up about how humble and prudent they are compared to their neighbors.

See what?

Nah, Brits are the Canadians of Europe. Complete irrelevant and isolated in European politics, soon even more so.

This thread wasn't supposed to be about the EU.

I should have searched google for a goddamn lederhosen pic or something but I'm a bit drunk and didn't foresee the consequences of using the pic that I did.

>want to be the leaders of freedom and democracy with your progressive union
>try to punish innocent citizens for democratically voting to leave said union
voted remain but i am now glad leave won

it's ridiculous how petty the eu has handled the entire brexit situation, like we somehow did something wrong by daring to say we want out
instead of making an example out of us for leaving, why don't you make it more appealing for other countries to stay? it's supposed to be a democratic union after all, not a globalist empire

>European politics
literally who cares about that?

we don't have time to worry about what goes on in lichtenstein, when we're a global power spanning the length of the world

No you did something wrong by starting the negociations in annoucing that you will refuse to make payments that have already contractually been agreed to. The pettiness comes from your side of. the channel. The commission is ready to negociate tomorrow morning at nine(their own words) and you guys are not even able to form a stable government.

>why don't you make it more appealing for other countries to stay? it's supposed to be a democratic union after all, not a globalist empire
SHUT IT DOWN
H
U
T

I
T

D
O
W
N

You don't care about 80% of the legislations that affect your lives?

>the pettiness comes from your side of the channel
wouldn't dream of defending mummy may and her arse backwards stance in all this, but you're absolutely delusional if you don't think the eu has been incredibly petty to britain for daring to say goodbye

this started well before they refused to denbts

I don't really see what you mean. What concrete action constitutes pettiness in your eyes?

but it doesn't, for the most part

our government has flat out ignored european laws and regulations plenty of times, and i'm not defending that because often times those european laws are the only thing stopping brits from being shafted (see: snoopers charter, mandatory work schemes, etc.)

european politics aren't nearly as prevalent here as they are in the continent

>switching to french mid sentence and making the ridiculous claim that the english language is losing relevance in a press conference isn't being petty
>openly branding all brits as delusional for wanting a good outcome of brexit before talks have even begun isn't petty
>leaking pre-negotiation talk details to the press in order to smear the british government isn't petty
okay m8

I think it's just a matter of perception, a false sense of "being disconnected from it"
french people in general don't care or know much about the EU either, they just see it as a massive foreign entity either good or bad depending on the person
european politics are rarely discussed in the news except on certain channels, or in real life. However the standard french does know that the subject is important, he simply doesn't care that much

no, i'm stating our government literally doesn't give a fuck about european politics

you're right, the average citizens doesn't know/care but that doesn't determine if it's relevant or not; and i'm sure that's the same all over the eu

i'm telling you that the british government downplays the importance of european politics to the point where they frequently ignore the rules

What it always comes down to with Germans is that basically they feel like the world owes them something

>Complete irrelevant and isolated in European politics
How rich from a kraut

let me weigh in objectively.

Britain is retarded for expecting the EU to bend over backwards and bow down to every/most of the demand(s) of Britain who voted to leave the union.

the EU is retarded for isolating the UK as it will harm the eurozone economy quite a bit.

desu Britain does deserve some 'punishment' for allowing retards to have a say in leaving the EU, but the EU kind of brought it on themselves for allowing so many muzzies in.
Basically, this is the inevitable result when you give disproportionate power to poor retards. ffs even JS mill advocated for weighted votes

me on the left btw

>Britain is retarded for expecting the EU to bend over backwards and bow down to every/most of the demand(s) of Britain who voted to leave the union
britain doesn't expect that, the tories expected that and they just lost their majority

a soft brexit is now the only brexit option open to britain, and the public has clearly spoken with their votes that this is what we want

what is the difference between soft and hard brexit pls

why should the EU allow for a soft Brexit though? that will set a precedent for other eurozone nations to leave. Listen, I believe in British ingenuity and the importance of Britain to the EU, but it makes absolutely no sense for the EU to allow for a soft brexit *politically*

objectively speaking, a soft brexit would be best, but it would spell danger to the EU as a whole

basically, Britain is EU-lite. remains in the single market(or aspects of the single market are heavily prevalent)

>hard brexit
basically expected to severe all ties with the eu, but somehow magically get everything we want from the negotiations
>soft brexit
willing to concede shit like free movement and some legislative power to the eu, in order to keep access to the eu market (just an example)

>why should the EU allow for a soft Brexit though?
because again, you shouldn't threaten other countries to "stay in line" and remain in the eu
it's a democratic union, not a globalist empire. make staying in the eu more appealing and then you won't have to worry about other countries leaving
it should not ever be about "punishing" a country for democratically voting to leave
>it makes absolutely no sense for the EU to allow for a soft brexit *politically*
how does it not? a soft brexit isn't just beneficial to brits, it's beneficial to the eu
we could negotiate for access (or partial access) to the single market and concede whatever the eu deems beneficial in return (britain to remain under the ecj and european law for instance)
a soft brexit doesn't mean "you give, we take". it means not taking hard stance of "out means out" and somehow expecting to come out of it smelling roses

there is no real reason britain couldn't become a norway/iceland situation other than pettiness to punish us in an attempt to convince others not to follow suit
and once again, that should not be how you keep the appeal of the union

It's not acclaimed though is it, we're known for our shitrag tabloids

>how does it not?
because it could lead to the dissolution of the EU as a whole. Do you not understand it?

Again, a Swiss/Norway situation would be ideal but neither were ever part of the EU proper and that is the issue. They never decided LOL lets leave!

thisssss

hm yes make an example out of anyone who dares leave your union yes that surely won't lead to other countries thinking "fuck this"

again, if the only thing keeping your union together is the fear that you'll be punished for leaving then your union has bigger problems

>britain doesn't expect that
we're not in the euro or schengen

hard - tell them to fuck off
soft - compromise

no, but we could potentially negotiate to be so in order to get what we want

really hope we don't adopt the euro though

>yes that surely won't lead to other countries thinking "fuck this"
You are literally thinking about this backwards. If Britain is fucked over then it will precisely lead to EU states thinking twice about leaving because they will realize how badly their economy will perform.

>if the only thing keeping your union together is the fear that you'll be punished for leaving then your union has bigger problems
The common market is keeping the EU together.

yeah a union of fear has never back fired for anyone

>Do you not understand it?
Do you not understand it's not an empire? It's a democratic and voluntary union, it should not be worried about falling apart. The point of it is to benefit us all not take over the world, if a member thinks it's not beneficial for it to remain a part of it why should it be punished?

do you understand english? it is not a union of fear but rather a union of mutually beneficial free trade.
literally limit non-EU immigration and the EU is fixed (as much as can be, the damage has already been done and leaving won't really do much as there are already so many third worlders who have already migrated, have children, etc.)

>mutually beneficial free trade.
Key word being mutually. If a member, rightfully or wrongly, thinks it doesn't benefit why should it be punished for withdrawing?

I voted remain if it matters

BECAUSE IT CHOSE TO LEAVE THE GODDAMN SYSTEM IN WHICH THEY WERE ABLE TO BENEFIT

you act as if britain has nothing the eu wants in return

Right, so they should be punished for leaving. If there is the threat of being punished if it leave it goes for a back to his point that it's a union of fear

I still think we should have stayed but hey it's done so let's just get in with it you know? It's been a year and the country is not a burning like of rubble yet that everyone predicted it would be, and I like many other remainers (probably) think it'll be alright in the end.

I am not denying this. Whether it is politically possible remains to be seen (most likely it isnt) but I am done arguing as you have your mind made up that the EU should let Britain remain in the single market without acknowledging politics.

To summarize, it would be best if Britain could remain in the single market but politics is shit and will likely prevent this without Britain giving up significant concessions (say hello to more arabs)

Apologies for any errors it's 6am here and I haven't slept a wink >.>

Are Germans sleeping? What hours are they usually active?

never stated my opinion on what britain should get from brexit desu

i have simply stated that britain should be negotiated with as if it were new to the union, as opposed to being punished for leaving

Probably same as most euros, try in 9-12 hours

fuck germany, their nigger-loving pm straight up dissed americans and brits for un-cucking themselves and defying the globalists

>when a thread doesn't go as planned
I meant why are they smug in terms of personality for most individual germans.

you are not wrong

Trips of truth lad.

The UK did not have faith in The EU and The EU did not do enough to ensure The UK's faith.
Germany shouldn't pretend they aren't also culpable. They thought threatening The UK would straighten them out, but now they're in a position to not only lose a partner to contributes to The EU, but also gain an economic adversary.
Eerily similar to how US politicians act. Unmoved and smug especially when knee deep in shit.

>because again, you shouldn't threaten other countries to "stay in line" and remain in the eu it's a democratic union, not a globalist empire.

:^)

That's the EU for you. They've been telling themselves the EU is necessary for a country's wellbeing for so long they started to belive it, along with "historical necessity" of their project.

Germany has absolutely nothing to be proud of and neither does the US.

>Germans like the EU because the EU makes them the most powerful nation in Europe.
Our economy and population make us the most powerful nation in Europe. Not the EU. In fact, the EU diminishes our power in Europe as it's effectively an affirmative action system for smaller and weaker states, hedging German power.

What the EU does for Germany is provide peace among its members, organize free trade and increase Germany's global standing at the cost of its European standing.

>"historical necessity" of their project.
what historical necessity, why is it necessary historically

>56% black

Shut up.

We're superior to filthy Anglos.

/thread

And which German did this?
If you want to say Juncker is petty then say it like that. FYI: he's is Luxembourgish.

I'm French (don't mind the flag), and I too would like the brits suffer

What now Nigel ? Can't handle the bantz anymore ?

>you shouldn't threaten other countries to "stay in line" and remain in the eu
>it's a democratic union
What has one to do with the other ?

Why? France and Britain are supposed to be allies

France and England have always been more ennemies than allies, but UK just proved once again they're only ever allies of circomstances. They only act on their own interests and don't care about their allies because they'll just find another one to try to preserve their influence and fuck over the continent.

What the English should do, is to kill and mutilate any EU national they catch, should the EU officials like Juncker continue to threaten the UK with destruction. Stabbing Czech students to death and causing Polish women to miscarry by kicking them in the stomach was a good start, but the Eurocrats don't care about poor Eastern Euros. You must target Westerners.

There are many young Spanish, Italian, Greek men and women forced to work as waiters etc in Britain due to the economic situation in their countries. They should be raped to send a message. Also, the French, Germans and Irish should be attacked.

Some may point out there are a million British retirees and other expats living in Spain and the rest of the EU who may be subject to retaliation. Let them, they are useless feeders, parasites and probably Remain supporters. But you can kill the young EU nationals in the prime working age, the ones working as bankers in London. This would be more injurious to these countries than the loss of some filthy pensioners in Majorca.

Pommy cunts should all die and give back Northern Ireland to the Irish.

Because they think that only big organizations have a chance to compete with you and China so Europe has to unionize. It'a load of bull spawned by thinking the government is directing the economy.

>UK just proved once again they're only ever allies of circomstances. They only act on their own interests and don't care about their allies because they'll just find another one to try to preserve their influence and fuck over the continent.
They seem like nice allies desu
youtube.com/watch?v=xwrX-LN9-L0
youtube.com/watch?v=rmpo0csiIMs

>the government is directing the economy
The government can influence the economy you know, and treaties between states too

>spawned by thinking the government is directing the economy.
That smells like communism

Yeah they love american's cock, so of course they gobble it whenever they can. They were the ones to follow in your Irak bullshit despite France opposing it

Eternal overcompensating because they know that they'll never be as great a country as France

True fact

True

insecurities

Our media actually feed us these opinions. Not a day goes by without some newspaper or TV channel predicting the downfall of the UK thanks to the Brexit. Our media are one giant Brussels shilling machine.

It's from Western Europe. Of course there is communism in there.

Sure. But the EU stands and falls on the idea that economy has to be regulated and standardized because without regulation there would be utter chaos.

Yea sure thing Hans. I'm sure your turbines made of grass and increasing muslim population will make you a superpower by 2020. Don't be so full of yourself, without the EU, you won't be as relevant as you are today. If weren't for the EU, UK would've been the police state as it has always been ever since the start.

It is not wrong, however.

Who decides laws, taxation, industry handouts and so on?

>because without regulation there would be utter chaos.
Well it's true, I hate commies but you can't trust capitalists either to care about wealth redistribution. See 19th century's UK

Not implementing the Morgenthau Plan was a mistake desu

How do we save Western Europe?

Germans are extremely pro EU because they hate Germany.
>muh stability
>muh allies

Merkel called us the junkyard of Europe because of the weed lmao xD because she is a christfag. That's why she thinks drowning Europe with """refugees""" is a good thing to do.
Even when MH17 was shot down they did nothing. The first to react was Australia and New Zealand ffs. Fuck Merkel. Fuck the EU. Give us the referendum to leave the EU and we are fucking out. Maybe we can start a new EEC with the UK or something. Back then it worked perfectly.

Only Islam can save them with its focus on traditional family values and strong merchant tradition inherited from Arabs.

>still had colonies
>big ass navy
>industrial

Britain definitely lost the most in 20th century.

With capitalists you can atleast trust their motivation and act accordingly. Politicians are a considerably shadier bunch and whoever thinks they can be relied on to control capitalists is a fool.

By letting it fall on its ass.

Yeah as a power capitalist democracues work the best but if you were a worker it was shit. Capitalism needs limits

>Why are Germans often so smug?

hm dunno, are we?
Germany is a sinking ship, maybe the biggest of all in Europe, but it is sinking.

We used to be the terror of the world, now look at us.

you are not Germany.Bavaria is too cool to be Germany

I'm confused. Nothing of what you wrote has any relation to what I wrote, excep that you seem to acknowledge that the EU increases Germany's global standing at the cost of its European standing.

>capitalism needs limits

Which it is able to set itself far better than any government can

It's mostly to compensate for the fact that historically, culturally, linguistically, militarily and politically they are a nation of losers who can only really boast about muh economy and their football team

Uh no. Those limits, that most western countries have, were mostly won through civil and social strife, and governments and companies had to give in because otherwise communism would have taken everything.
Look at the 19th century, dude, class war was not a meme back then