Hey Sup Forums, I am a traveler and I think Philadelphia is going to be my next destination. Anyone here from Philly...

Hey Sup Forums, I am a traveler and I think Philadelphia is going to be my next destination. Anyone here from Philly? What can you tell me about it? I heard there is a heroin problem..

Other urls found in this thread:

japanesehouse.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=U2bNXrVubrE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump

Bump

Bump

checked

OP here. Doing a vagabond tour. Been to Toledo, Ohio, Nashville, Tennessee, and currently in a small town in middle Tennessee. Considering Philly or Atlanta next. Anyone here from Philly?

Bump

Bump

they got good filly cheese stakes

Bump

go to wawa and get a tasty cake

I went to philly a few years back. walked downtown. mostly the same as any large city. homeless asking for money, a few old sketchy buildings. parking is pricey as fuck though.

Going to the store to get something to drink.

Wawa? Is that a restaurant?
Thanks for the reply

I live near Philly and visit often. It's the only place I know where you can fuck a prostitute and eat the best cheesesteak of your life for under $50.

OK how do I arrange for the prostitute? Any tips and all tips appreciated. Also on the cheesesteaks...I'm assuming they're all good or are just some good?

i am. i haven't lived there in 5 years though. definitely check out the UPenn anthropology museum. they have stuff from all the ancient civilizations. the art museum is good if you like modern stuff. there's a japanese style tea house in fairmuont park that i have heard is pretty neat. the 9th street italian market has good food if you are interested in italian food. south philadelphia in general has a ton of italian restaurants. and i guess you should probably try the famous cheesesteak too. jim's is more commercial and touristy and they are more crowded because they are on south street. pat's and geno's are considered more authentic.

Wawa is a convenience store. They have some good food and coffee there.

that japanese tea house in fairmount park is Shofuso Japanese House and Garden

unfortunately, it's closed right now for the winter, but it looks amazing in person

sauce: japanesehouse.org/

Is it going to be all snowy and icy this time of year?
I might get a job and stay for a couple months to earn money.
I'm backpacking so I will need to find a homeless shelter.

More information needed!!!

Old City is terrible - you will spend most of your time searching for a parking spot before realizing there isn't one. Downtown traffic is generally terrible. In my experience, Philly is not a city you can 'wing' a visit to. Give some thought to how you will get around, and if by car, where you will park. The art museum is pretty cool.

maybe, it was snowing a lil in the morning and freezing rain all day
the forecast for the next 5 days seems like it's going to be cold btwn 30-50 degrees F

also, there's a dollar general in somerton area that's hiring

Your going to get cannibalized

youtube.com/watch?v=U2bNXrVubrE

Alright everyone thanks for the replies. I'm going to muck around Philly for a couple months then maybe head to New York.

Here from south Philly. Just go to ny dude. There's way more to do. That's just how I feel but I may be biased

true, most stores around center city close around 7pm

Since I'm traveling from Tennessee, I'm going to make a stop in Philly then branch over to NY after.

What got you interested in backpacking or whatever it is that you're doing?

Self-discovery I guess

You guys just cruise around all year is that a thing in America?

How old are you

To some people haha

born in anonteenanonanon

Phillyfag here. Places to visit (depending on how much time you have)
South Street - explore for a few hours during the day, then at night....
Old city - Go bar hopping, get a slice from Lorenzo's
Center city - overrated, but maybe for a first timer it might be interesting
South Philly - cheesesteaks. Cheese whiz, onions if you like them. That's it. Don't fucking get provolone. That's not a Philly cheesesteak. It'll immediately be obvious that you're a tourist. Nothing pisses me off more than when I see bullshit "philly cheesesteaks" on vacation somewhere, loaded with provolone, mushrooms, and peppers. No. ALSO - all cheesesteaks are NOT created equal. Try at least 3 different places. Some good ones are Pat's, Steve's, and Jim's. Geno's is arguably the most touristy, but not my favorite.
Misc. - go to wawa. Make sure you order mac and cheese, and at least one kind of hoagie. Coffees good too.

Born and raised. AMA.

I wouldnt do that here in the eu but you got the space stay safe ay

For cheesesteaks, skip Gino's AND Pat's. They blow.

Jim's on South Street is the one you want.

Even better, go about 15 miles south to Claymont Delaware, and go to the Claymont Steak Shop. Best fucking cheesesteaks I've ever had. Fat as a 6 inch pipe, and really fresh because in the back of the shop is the Claymont meat packing plant.

Will do. Hearts.Im arriving by Greyhound. Where is the station? Is the area safe?

there's one next to chinatown and 7-11, i guess it's kinda safe since a lot of ppl walk through this area

Jim’s is another tourist trap. Smells like fucking onions and trash at 4th and South. Why not go to Steve’s Prince of Steaks, or try that new spot Mike’s BBQ?

You got a iasip picture up but don't know what wawa is

Boy or grill?

The city is generally safe. As long as you’re not wandering around by yourself after 2am. There is a Greyhound stop at Filbert Street. Some homeless/transients around but not ridiculous during the day.

go to a restaurant called Le Virtu, you wont be dissapointed

Also, what are you interested in doing during your stay? The only reason I ask is because I could talk you into all the touristy shit, or the actual legit fun shit.

The actual fun shit. Not scared of anything.