How long does it take to develop diabetes...

How long does it take to develop diabetes? I’m about 80 pounds overweight already and I wanna figure out how much longer I can binge without causing permanent damage.

ur fat

ur fat

You don't have to be fat to have diabetes user.

ur fat

ur fat

when did we collectively develop the mindset that life isnt real until age 30? Grow the fuck up and lose weight. Life is objectively better.

I lost 70 pounds last year and life sucks a measure=able degree less.

ur fat

Just try to lose the weight, there is no determinable age where you can get diabetes up until or whatever. some people get it easier than others depending on body biology.

count calories and walk more, thats it, you'll lose weight.

Pics? Show us your shame.

long as you're low carb binging you're okay

too many carbs throws your liver into chaos, making it try and convert too much to fatty acid (liver itself has a very small carb reserve needed for body function and immediate utilization of energy), it starts overwhelming the liver itself, flooding it with fat cells too fast for them to all be transported away from the liver, replacing hepatocytes with fat cells (eventually utilizing the body's wound healing mechanisms [aka fibrosis] instead of the livers native one which helps kill the liver faster), creating fatty liver (two stages of this), then fibrosis, then cirrhosis

as another poster said it also depends on body biology, as in, your fast your metabolism runs, and the kind of shape your body's wiring is in.. people who get fat tend to completely fuck up their endocrine system necessitating bariatric surgery to "reset" the body's endocrine functions

another thing is, a lot of low carb foods tend to be higher in protein instead, another bad idea since too much of that can fuck your kidneys

overall, perhaps try a normal diet and some fucking self-discipline

Not true, most of it anyways

>not true

useless shitpost

Get a blood glucose monitor.

Look up the guidelines for type 2 diabetes diagnosis, and the guidelines for pre-diabetes.

Stick yourself periodically and test your blood sugar. When you meet the pre-diabetes criteria, party’s over.

This is true but non-alcoholic fatty liver disease is just one of the possible effects of type 2 DM, and not even particularly common. The kidney disease, vasculitis, and neuropathies (especially the autonomic neuropathies) are what would scare me. Oh and the atherosclerosis, heart attacks and stroke, those too.

anyways, the relevance to diabetes, because I accidentally deleted that part from my post (stupid small post box)..

as the liver floods with fatty cells and kills off hepatocytes it destroys the body's insulin receptors creating insulin resistance

it also begins to block the portal vein creating portal hypertension, so it winds up fucking with your heart as well making it work harder to circulate through parts of the body like this

my knowledge comes not only from going from 180 to 360 pounds in a few years, being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, liver fibrosis, etc., and treating them all.. the aforementioned knowledge are endless studies I've read on endocrinology along with endless questions asked to my generalist, hepatologist, and bariatric surgeon, I've cured myself of type 2 diabetes and healed my liver before it could be so damaged it could never heal.. also dropped 150 pounds back to 200 (180cm/5'11), primarily by dropping carb intake along with raising ratio of protein to carb

I also had bariatric surgery, whats called a sleeve gastrectomy (or gastric sleeve), where 90% of the stomach is cut out.. the primary benefit is to the endocrine system, not merely the restriction due to size (Roseanne is a good example of how to "beat" bariatric surgeries by consuming endless simple carbs like milkshakes and shit that are the easiest method of overwhelming the liver)

How’re your B12 levels doing bro?

all my vitamin levels are great, post-op I regularly get checked for vitamin levels and everything came back okay with only minor dips in calcium

I take sublingual b12 strips, tastes like shit, but oh well

Damn that sucks. Don’t they make a combined B12/intrinsic factor pill you can swallow?

I'm sure there were other methods, but for me its just a lot less hassle and cost, already spend an assload on multivitamins, iron pills, etc. for days I don't feel like consuming foods with iron

I also have to effectively bring food and water with me when I go hiking because its sped my metabolism up so much, and the size of my stomach is literally a tad smaller than a large banana, I have to eat every few hours the equivalent of about 100 grams of food (I weigh them on a scale so I don't overeat, hurts my stomach)

my bad tired as fuck and responded to the wrong post, check here