Belarusian Psycho

Hello, Sup Forums.

I have directed a feature film called "Belarusian Psycho" which tells the story of Dmitry who decides to lose his virginity, and invites three girls to celebrate his 22nd birthday in a countryhouse.

This movie was partially inspired by the story of Elliot Rodger, and won the Best Belarusian Film Award at Minsk International Film Festival.

You can watch the movie here:
vimeo.com/188538351

The movie is in Russian, and the English subtitles are available via the "CC" button.

What do you think about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

listapad.com/en/news/nagrady-natsionalnogo-konkursa-22-go-mmkf-listapad/
listapad.com/arhiv/2015-year/natsionalnyy-konkurs/igrovoe-kino/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nothing, I'm not gonna watch it

Is it any good?

>This movie was partially inspired by the story of Elliot Rodger
I think it's fucking shit and you're a stupid idiot for making it

>Belarusian
>Russian
how the fuck is this country called?

Belarus is the country, and Russian is the language.

THE PROTAGONIST'S SEETHING FURY BETRAYS A SPIRITUAL ATROPHY WHICH IMPAIRS HIS CAPABILITY FOR LOVE; HE CANNOT LOVE; ONLY LUST, AND THIS ONLY EXACERBATES HIS CONDITION.

THIS SEETHING FURY WELL MIRRORS THE SOCIAL ALIENATION OF THE "MILLENNIAL GENERATION" —STRANDED IN AN OLD WORLD, BUT UNABLE TO USHER IN THE NEW.

A METAMODERN MASTERPIECE IN POSTIRONIC STYLE.

THE BEST INDEPENDENT "MOVIE" TO HAVE COME OUT OF THE "COMMONWEALTH OF INDEPENDENT STATES" IN YEARS.

A "THRILLER" THAT WILL MAKE YOU TO NEVER WANT TO VISIT BELARUS.

I'M A SPIRITUAL LYRICAL MIRACLE SPIRITUAL LYRICAL
I'M A SPIRITUAL LYRICAL MIRACLE SPIRITUAL LYRICAL MIRACLE SPIRITUAL

dude get the fuck out of here. Sup Forums is not your free advertising space faggot

im not gonna watch that simply because it's probably paid by belarusian tax money aka dictator's blood money

get out of that shithole or at least learn to vote

No, the movie is a no budget production.

alright bud what have you contributed to art lately

Thank you, Rei.

Well, I'll give you my honest opinion, based on roughly 20 minutes that I've watched.

I don't know whether you have any formal education or training in movie making, but don't have any idea how to frame, block or stage a scene. The cinematography is non-existent.The perfomances by the actors are typical for this kind of production, but suffer from an obvious lack of direction.

>won the Best Belarusian Film Award at Minsk International Film Festival
Sounds like Belarusian filmmaking is fucked.

Not watching purely because you are an attention whoring tripfaggot.

Saged.

Why so insecure, buddie-O?

It truly makes one wonder

And it shows

You don't get it. Thor loves mumblecore. It must be par for the course.

I give it to you straight:
The brown girl is a QT but everything else is shit.

Is Thor autistic? It's kind of ironic that he would make a movie like this.

What's the ethnicity of the brown girl?

>nearly 2017
>STILL paying attention to trip using faggots

When will this board just stop? Block all trips, they're all Reddit-tier cunts

hello newshit

>The singularity of the 21 year old auteur is undeniable
Thor is 21? Doesn't that mean he was 15-16 when he started posting here?

Bump.

This was shit.

>A "THRILLER" THAT WILL MAKE YOU TO NEVER WANT TO VISIT BELARUS.
That should read "make you never want to"; the first "to" is grammatically incorrect here.

Also, there is nothing thrilling about this film. It's the furthest thing from a "thriller".

Pretty sure there's a difference between Belarusian and Russian. Especially since Belarus government is trying to push their language above Russian.

There is a Belarusian language but it is not spoken in the film, and is rarely spoken in real life. Your second statement is nonsensical, as Belarusian government is very pro-Russian has done everything to turn the Belarusian language into a dead one in the last 20 years, starting with making Russian a state language in 1996.

Belarus had only really been independent in 1236-1569, and 1991-1996. These are the only years in the country's history when Belarusian language was the state language.

Just finished it.

First of all, a few questions.
Did those two guys just leave the party, where did they go?
When the three of them enter the room where the girl's are sleeping, is it implied that they went in there to kill them or something? It's pretty vague.
Is there a purpose to the ~4 minute long wood cutting sequence?

Ignoring the film's technical faults, I have to say that it is kind of boring and uninteresting overall. Nothing really happens, there is no conflict visually communicated on screen, a lot of telling but not showing, etc. Film is a visual medium.

>Festival is from 4th to 11th of November
Ok.

>>A "THRILLER" THAT WILL MAKE YOU TO NEVER WANT TO VISIT BELARUS.
>That should read "make you never want to"; the first "to" is grammatically incorrect here.

NO.

THE FIRST "TO" IS NECESSARY, OTHERWISE THE SYNTACTICAL MEANING IS LOST; IT MERELY APPEARS GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT BECAUSE THE PHRASING IS STILTED IN ITS REPETITION; THE FIRST PREPOSITION IS PART OF THE SUBJECT'S ACTION (TO MAKE YOU); THE SECOND PREPOSITION IS PART OF THE DIRECT OBJECT'S ACTION/THE CONSEQUENCE OF THE SUBJECT'S ACTION (TO NEVER WANT); "TO MAKE NEVER WANT" IS GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT, AND SYNTACTICALLY NONSENSICAL.

Sucks ass, go fuck yourself.

>Did those two guys just leave the party, where did they go?
It is unknown.

>Is there a purpose to the ~4 minute long wood cutting sequence?
Yes.

>Film is a visual medium.
That is incorrect. Film is a textual-sensual-visual medium.

I don't mean to sound bitter, my disagreement is not related to your criticism, which I am cool with.

It won last year. See:
listapad.com/en/news/nagrady-natsionalnogo-konkursa-22-go-mmkf-listapad/

This year a have a new feature in the competition.

Go fuck yourself.

I swear I saw some articles claiming that they are trying to "revive" the language, for the lack of a better word. I guess they might be wrong, so idk.

Drop your trip too, fag.

I really hope you're joking about the award because this is super bad filmmaking.

*I have

Yes, there is relatively widespread activism related to reviving the language, but it is in opposition to the government.

I have made a short film called "Amerykan boy" featuring a character who speaks Belarusian; it is a realistic setup that in a company of three friends just one would speak Belarusian as a nationalist statement.

Hello Op what camera did you use. If it is a dslr what lenses did you use?

Canon 500D or 550D or 600D (not my camera, so I don't remember), kit lense.

Your long takes are just lazy filmmaking and they mean nothing. Sorry, but being honest here.

>Belarus had only really been independent in 1236-1569

Lol no. They were part of GDL during that time and Orthodox Christians which Belarusians at the time were didn't have the same rights as Catholics. They only time they were independant was Kievan Rus times duchies, like Duchy of Polotsk.

Bump.

I'l watch it.

What's life like in Belarus? It interests me as it's by far the most overlooked country in Eastern Europe, in Britain you almost never hear it mentioned and the jewish run media is now very hostile to Russia and anything close to Russia so anything associated with the country gets shit on.

You can get a good impression from the movie.

congrats! do you have any more art or stills from the movie?

>won the Best Belarusian Film Award at Minsk International Film Festival.
Were there any other entries besides your film?

Did Rei make these?

Just marathoned this movie, did I like it?

No.

Yes, see:
listapad.com/arhiv/2015-year/natsionalnyy-konkurs/igrovoe-kino/

Pic related, me accepting the award.

I'm Belarusian living in USA. I have classes soon, but I'll watch this later and comment if the thread is still up.

Me on the right

Good on you, mate.

all me

Congratulations user.

>A "THRILLER" THAT WILL MAKE YOU TO NEVER WANT TO VISIT BELARUS.
Damn there go my plans.

It's a complete fucking shithole senpai. It's overlooked for a damn good reason, because this piece of trash has nothing to offer.

What's so bad about it? It looks pretty aesthetic.

For starters, garbage weather, commie blocks, bydlo, a lot of taxes including unemployment tax, ironically high unemployment rate, unstable economy, the country is always in the middle of the tug of war between russia and the west, literally no free speech. That's just off the top of my head.

Tripfagging is fine if you're the OP for a single thread, newfag.

I can also add the fact that the government's main agenda was pushing small businesses to go out of business and the fact that you can't order anything more than $20 on ebay or any online internet store/auction, unless you want to pay a tax. Life in belarus sucks big fucking nigger dick.

>Black and white flick
>The blood is in color
Woa dude..that's pretty deep. I think you're going places

>all these fucking new shits

Thank you.

You got meme'd on ,son

Bump.

Sigh since now one is going to do it.

We did it Sup Forums!

Fucking retarded newfag, trips exist specifically for situations like this where the OP needs to be identified throughout the thread. That's what stops othere anons from impersonating should any question be addressed to OP. Dumb nigger.