Anyone know of a way to hide your money? Like say I get married and I've got a hundred grand to my name...

Anyone know of a way to hide your money? Like say I get married and I've got a hundred grand to my name, but I want my wife to think I have 5 grand, so if I get divorced she gets half of that 5 grand. Without committing tax evasion or doing anything illegal. I live in the US.

/biz/ I'm financially illiterate

just sign a prenup

Bury it in the backyard

Open up a sports betting account put money into that.
Please tell me you have those in the US.

Prenups can be waived by the judge for any reason and they often are.

Stomp a tranny to death

Safety deposit box at a bank?

Only if you're a retard about it. Mention you want a prenup before you propose, never put her under duress to sign, don't cheap out on a lawyer.

Buy 95000 worth of gold. Put somewhere no one will find

Create a trust.

How liquid do you need it to be?

Why would you have to tell your wife anything about your finances?

Which state do you live in?

Just buy bitcoin and don't tell her

Buy gold double Eagles and silver quarters

You don’t have to hide it. You can keep your pre-marriage assets separate and put them in a pre-nup. Just don’t mix those separate assets in with your post-marriage assets.

Anything you make after marriage is split with your wife. It can’t be part of a pre-nup.

That said, 100K probably isn’t worth the effort.

Long term savings bonds. Keep everything in your name and have records that you had everything before marriage, it won't be joint property.
Alternate
Buy gold/silver and keep in safety deposit box in your name/name of someone you can trust. That way you can claim it isn't yours amd you are just a 2nd name for their safety.

bone em
don't own em

Illinois

100k was just a random hypothetical amount, I may have close to a million by my mid thirties.

Just don’t tell her anything about your finances. Keep it in your name, sign up for electronic billing so nothing comes in the mail, and never mention anything that goes on with this mystery money. Withdraw some every now and then as cash in your wallet to supplement your income.

If this money you’re talking about is wages, then have automatic withdrawals setup to skim off whatever you want socked away immediately after your paycheck clears. Say it’s going to your employer’s retirement plan.

Or just maybe marry someone that you trust. Marrying far below your station is usually a bad move. There’s 0 reason to get caught in the divorce-bankruptcy when every bank and fund in the country is begging for your business.

buy a gold bar engraved with your name

Open another bank acc dont tell her. Keep all recipts for that account and only put what you make in. This also means keep all pay tabs

cryptocurrency

this

Go to a fucking attorney and not Sup Forums.