"If you are in Bronze in this game then it is solely because YOU are doing something wrong and suck at it"

"If you are in Bronze in this game then it is solely because YOU are doing something wrong and suck at it".

By that logic, I cannot carry because everyone else on my team also sucks. Because it's a team game.
How does one carry a team of 4 other people who die over and over again?

Same with Gold and below in Overwatch where I'm stuck in Gold after reaching almost Diamond.

>tl;dr competitive games suck

Like I've been playing the past 24 hours and trying HARD to carry and everybody does the stupidest shit and makes us lose.

That's why ranked is retarded

Yeah, right?

Should I just quit? Kind of feel like I want to. It doesn't give any satisfaction besides Internet points.

And what's up with losing because of bad teams? How does that say anything about my skill? Wtf.

I should start reading books.

Well I just play unranked in stuff like that
Ranked is stupid, if one cog isn't working correctly you are at a gigantic disadvantage and it's entirely out of your control
Especially in overwatch because you can't exactly snowball
I play league and when one person sucks the person on the other team takes advantage and just smashes
But I still play because I play with friends and have fun doing so
But different people like games for different reasons
I like playing with friends casually
Some people more like the competition
But if u like competition, then fighting games are way better, cause in a 5v5 u are only 1/5th of the team you know
So unless u got 5 friends who are all seriously trying and don't tilt and are good and a bunch of other factors, I just wouldn't play ranked
>But that's just me

100% agree with you!

Well, I mostly play it just to win. And I feel like I do good but most of the time I get dragged down.
I like Mortal Kombat too so maybe I'll play that more.

>2018
>not stackin them hats

You don't have to stop playing overwatch if you like it
But if it makes you more angry then you like it, it's not worth playing
That's why games like that have such a toxic community

>LOGic

Yeah man I also wanted to be top rank in LoL a while back. After much rage at my team mates I was just like "what the fuck am I doing getting mad at a game" I still play ranked but merely cause it's more challenging but I don't let the outcome ruin my mood anymore.

Cause what does a good rank on league get you other than some bragging rights to your nerdy friends lol. You might wanna try fighters since I find that to be the best competitive style games. Just you and the other person going head to head.

Thank you for existing and making the community of Sup Forums so much richer. You are a true blessing to all of us.

I feel you man. I've been stuck in high plat EVERY season. People tell me "that's because you belong there", meanwhile I play scrim games with high diamonds and low masters... and guess what, I do just as well as the rest of them, and I'm on the winning side more often than not. Overwatch ranking is a joke.

Wanna duo?

The trick is to make friends that know how to play and then to play competitive with them. Diamonds ez

If you are in plat or below you suck.... plain and simple....

If you are skilled so much more than your other low level scrubs you will CARRY them.

Can you explain how though?
Like in Overwatch, no matter how good of a carry Genji you are you will get destroyed by the other 6 guys.

Same with LoL. If I get fed but my team gets the other more fed...???

You can't carry team games. There is literally no possible way when your team is BAD. If they are not dying at all but not really useful, then you can carry. But carrying tilted feeders is absolutely impossible.

I have no friends and I am an antisocial loser.

>I'm a salty 14 y.o who doesn't understand statistics, and sucks at lol

I see this a lot but no one ever elaborates on why it means you are bad if you are low tier.

It's only people who are trolling or already up there and dont know what it's like here.

>24 hours
You people never fail to baffle me. Even at minimum wage that's over 200 dollars worth of time

I mean I carried 4 other people when I played as a pharah...

I had a mercy with me the whole time so I guess there was that but I solo queued on a friends account (yes I know I wreck the game for trash players at low levels) but I got him from silver to diamond in one day... ALONE

There were games I did lose, and youre right, you do need SOMEWHAT of a team to win. but still no excuse to be in Plat/below....

It also might help that I am top 10 Pharah in NA. lol

So is everyone who plays overwatch. You will meet people while playing that want good teammates for competitive and you have to talk to them and add them.

Takes me 1 hour to make that. how else would I pass my life in the winter?

if u queue with many people in your group they give you a retard on your team or a a rape other team.

How about you little children stop playing video games and act like adults?

So it's even worse. 24*200=4800 wasted on a game in a single block of time even. What is wrong with you people?

its not a team game if ur queueing anything less then5 man. each combination of team members has a different elo

seriously fuck off ur shit

>after reaching almost diamond
in otherwords barely platinum. you're shit. go fuck yourself.

If you are better than the average player in the tier you will win more than you lose. If you play a lot of ranked you will therefore slowly move up in tiers until you are in the tier in which you are the average. If you are bronze after 10 games that's normal. If you are still bronze after a thousand games that means you are a bronze level player.

Faggot

911 checked

because I am supposed to work 24 hours a day right? nothing in there to relieve stress?

You fucking mong, it's a simple representation of how much your time is worth. The fact that you don't understand that leads me to believe you're less than 20 and/or don't have a job.
That said, it's called sleep you retard.

By that logic, how come I almost reached Diamond in Overwatch and then fell to Gold in one evening?

Learn to play Starcraft 1v1 instead of pussy fps team games like a bitch.

Because you're in bronze, statistically your team and the enemy team is going to be full with shitters.

I go into bronze for fun to fuck with people like you because its hilarious, if you can't climb out of bronze it's because you're simply not as good as you think you are.

Think of it like this, even if that top laner fed 5 kills before 10 minutes, the enemy top laner is still likely to be just as shit as your top laner, if not slightly better.

The real problem with ranked is how fast people can go on full tilt, which can be annoying as fuck.

Dude he makes $200/hr we should worship him

>play bot
>lets say duo since its the best scenario
>beat the living shit out of your lane
>top and mid fed
>now they are roaming and giving your enemy bot laner kills as well
>your teammates cant help because they are useless at this point
>they are now tilted and are projecting because they are bad
you are actually delusional and up your own ass if you think EVERYONE who complains about ranked games is deserving to be in that ELO
I can agree that if you play enough if youre good you will get out no matter what, but then again its a game and if people stop having fun they will just quit, and leave with the opinion the system is fucked, and it is
in most games, you losing the game because of someone will damage you as much as it damages them and thats what tilts players
i lost the same amount of lp, playing decently well, as the person who lost us the game
also, games like League and Overwatch can punish good plays, as absurd as it sounds
if a good player who knows what hes doing goes in, and the bad teammates dont follow because they are scared/bad he will stop trying to make plays
this makes him the same skill level as morons hes playing with
its much more deeper than "lol you bad"
but yes, if you do just play and never stop you will get out of low elo

The problem is that everyone thinks they're the only good one and are usually the same people who throw off their teammates by constantly berating them about any tiny mistakes

Accountant lol. you shouldnt worship me.. that guys a cuck. he doesnt get it.

>if a good player who knows what hes doing goes in, and the bad teammates dont follow because they are scared/bad he will stop trying to make plays
Sounds like you're not absolutely confident in your own personal ability to play the game, fuck what everyone else is doing or how they're playing. If you don't have that absolute confidence in your ability to make plays, you'll never climb at any elo.

I have a friend who thinks it's an accomplishment he made it into silver. He's bronze 3 currently, and I know for a fact he deserves to be there. People are in this elo for a reason, and it isn't because their teammates are trash.

It sounds like you need to work on your confidence, because you won't go anywhere if you're just thinking to yourself 'whats the point'. You really just have to shift your focus away from others towards a little introspection, if you put half as much energy critiquing how others play then you could be in gold by now.

i am not talking about myself at all, i am just aware that this can happen, and thats why i always go in when i should
they can ping me all they want, i know it was the right hing to do
watching streams helped me a lot, and it becomes really obvious when to do what, but a friend i played with got so used to the silver mentality hes always like "you will die"
i think hes getting the hang of it when he plays with me now tho
also i am in mid gold lol

competitive team games introduce a huge random factor. you only control 20% of your team. you will lose countless games for reasons beyond your control and even if you were able to go back in time and play perfectly more often than not you still wouldn't be able to change the outcome of the game, since you're just 1 of 10 players. for this reason, ranking up in these sorts of games is basically just grinding.

if you're good and the sample size is large enough then you will slowly float to the top after 100's upon 100's of games. these kinds of competitive games typically reward grinding and make it easier to gain points than it is to lose points. this means that basically as long as you're above average you can just grind ranked games until you're diamond.

1v1 games remove that random factor. if you lose a 1v1 game it's entirely your fault and if you could go back in time and play perfectly then you could virtually always change the outcome of the game.

ranked mode in competitive team games is very loosely tied to skill and isn't really a representation of how good you are as much as how much grinding you've done and how lucky you've been recently, along with the assurance that you at least _probably_ don't suck if you're a high rank -- but even that's not always true.

solo queue competitive team games are innately casual and taking them too seriously will just frustrate you. if you want a competitive game where your victory or defeat is directly tied to your skill level then go play a 1v1 game.

the problem with a TEAM game is that you should be forming TEAMS either with people you know or by cherry picking people who do well in matches without you and then doing matches with them to rank up. stop being a sperg, play for a few days, find the good ones, message them after each match, if they shoot you down, then move on to the next. if you jive, awesome, you just made a new friend.

>morganfreemanpointingup.pdf

Who said they make 200 dollars an hour? I might gross that, but it's definitely not what goes in my pocket. Your thinking of the guy that wasted 24 hours straight playing a game. He said he makes that much

>believing EVERYTHING must have a dollar value.
your existence must suck dude

Social scientists do it too, although with much more complex algorithms. So does literally everyone. This site is for 18+

Being stuck in Bronze means you are bad, but that's okay because over 80% of the players in that game are just as bad as you.

>overwatch

>being this much of a wagecuck

I have 300 hours on Pharah and am a grandmaster. i got there by becoming very good at her...

Master one hero and then you will fly above the peasants.

>so much effort into proving that I don't belong in Bronze and somehow the statistical analysis of a multi-billion dollar company's main game is somehow wrong

Yeah, it's the system just trying to keep you down, for sure.

If everyone but you is awful then you should be facing 5 awful people with a team a 4 awful people and yourself. Meaning you should always have an advantage.
If you are losing, this might not be true.
It’s more likely you lack the ability to be introspective and see where you suck to make improvements

i already told you im mid gold, im not OP

Prolly cuz you got a random losing spree, tilted, and then just kept playing angry and fucking it up.

If you're on a loss spree, and it's getting to you, just stop playing. Sometimes you just get shit luck, and hit a 5 game loss spree. It's just a 1/32, so about every month if you play daily. No sweat if you keep your cool. But if it gets under your skin and you tilt you will just keep on losing. Recognise the tilt, log off for the night, and don't throw away good games after bad.

actualy makes sense.

The overwatch system is designed such that most people do not experience being stuck at a certain SSR.

Overwatch has to rating systems:

public rating, SR.
Hidden rating, MMR.

MMR predicts individual capabilities, SR tries to predict teamplay capabilities.

If teamplay is fucked hard (bronze to low plat) you are fucked hard.

If you want to know what SR you really should have, play for 2 days Arcade and check the enemy team SR ratings. If you should indeed have a higher SR than you have, you will find that you may be placed against players of about 1500 SR higher than you, because in arcade, you would always win if your SR is rated to low, so it will try to force a 50% winrate by placing you amongst higher SR players.

Blizzard made a beautiful game, but forgot to hire some quality mathematicians for the other important part of a game: matchmaking.