U20 World Owl starts this week

Who ya got Sup Forums?

Will Saudi Arabia vs USA have the most memes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ofZ0Ueocl7I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

USA & Saudi are butt buddies. England vs Argentina confirmed for best memes.

IT'S COMING HOME LADS

>be neet
>all urgay games are at 8am
>not sure if stay up or wake up early

wat do Sup Forums

sheeeeit the usa games are at 1 AM for me

That's easy

>watch game
>sleep at 3 AM
>work at 9 AM

Gotta get those 8 hours user

they lost to fucking south korea in a friendly last week

it is NOT coming home la

I only have a slight bit of hope

In the friendly before the cup, >we beat Vietnam 5-0

But we looked like shit against decent teams, so who knows

The US didn't get any of their Euro players released. This is a B team at best. But then again, we buttfucked Memexico on our way to winning the CONCACAF Championship with this squad, so maybe we get past the first knockout stage.

Guess its a good indicator of the level of mls academies then.

God Help >US

It's gonna be Portugal as preparation for the 2018 WC win.

Korea
England
Argentina

Mexico
Germany

Iran
Portugal
Costa Rica

Italy
Japan
Uruguay

France
Honduras

Senegal
USA
Saudi Arabia

>implying Guinea, Venezuela, Vanuatu, Zambia, South Africa, Vietnam, New Zealand, or Ecuador have remotely decent U20 NTs

they also just won against the Japan u20 2-1

I

I BELIEVE

which countries will actually try?

>you now remember Serbia cucking Brazil in the final 2 years back and everyone saying how cursed Brazil has become.

I feel that the mls academies are finally starting to produce some good players. Palmer Brown, Adams, and Lennon are good prospects to look for. If only we had the Schalke trio of kids and Perez from Fiorentina.

better not go full England and rate melanin-enriched pace babs and lanky bleach skins whom are only good at headers

And Akale at Villareal, and Luca De La Torre at Fulham, and Fossey at Everton.

Maybe about the MLS academies.

Palmer Brown didn't get time with SKC, and was mostly developed on his traveling team. He went to Porto and played very well with their Porto B team. SKC got a ~2 million dollar offer, and didn't take it. He'll move abroad next year probably.

Otherwise, yeah, those guys are good. MLS doesn't even have all of its academies up yet. There are still problems, but the fact that they're producing MLS-level talent already is a good sign.

MLS needs to incentivize youth development and PT more.

Bad news, Tab Ramos is a terrible coach who relies on pace babies, longballs, and terrible player selection/tactics.

...Which was why it was so funny that we won the CCAF Championship for the first time since 1989. Over BOTH Honduras and Mexico, the top U20 countries in the region.

>We didn't qualify

US has good youngsters this time around but theyre mostly from the U-17 so they cant use their physicality because alot of the other guys have caught up, our technical ability is getting better tho

US can only realistically produce results using meme tactics and pace physical babbies because we are not a footballing nation yet

there is literally nothing wrong with meme tactics

t. Poop

idk why we're so reliant on fucking English tactics, if we wanted a similar style we should get Italians to train our coaches, not some shitty hoofball manics.

I feel that US Soccer should consider clearing the management trash and bringing in new european coaches who can at least simulate an aggressive environment for the young players to at least get an idea of what international play is like.

i reckon Argentina will win

do you know some of your players?

what do you mean?
i saw the 2 Vn - Argen friendly matches, and they schooled our u20s and u22s

Any u20 Argentine to look out for?

Nah, we have better players. But Tab sets them up in 4-4-2 with no option BUT to go longball pacebabby. EPB, Glad, and the rest of the Defense/Midfield are pretty good at keeping possession, but when the forwards don't drop back, or the system sets up for longballs, then there's only one way to play, and that's the way the coach tells you, because Ramos holds grudges too. Multiple players have gone to one camp, done well, then poof, we never see them again.

Meh, overreaction. We're still low on technical skill, but we're clearly getting muuuuch better. Used to be, no team could play technical, possession soccer. But now, all the academies are pushing it, particularly TFC, Dallas, and LA. And our BEST youth players have the requisite skill on the ball to play that way, even if Ramos and Hackworth don't set them up that way. Friedel's U19 team does it.

Even the senior team can possess now, whereas we couldn't do that 15 years ago...

youtube.com/watch?v=ofZ0Ueocl7I

30-pass goal vs Germany. Friendly, true, but AFAIK it's the most passes ever before a goal for the USA.

>a fucking two year old friendly

>Luca De La Torre at Fulham, and Fossey at Everton.
Are both on the roster, and both are Fulham players.

A demonstration of passing and technical skill not seen by the US ever. Go watch the '02 WC highlights, our best ever WC tournament. Longball, bypassing the midfield with regularity. Effective, but we didn't have the players to possess.

We do at the Senior level now. And the next couple of youth teams will continue that trend. We're beating our Central American and Carribean opponents in possession now, which didn't happen until the last 6-ish years. Obviously, we still struggle @ Mexico and @ Costa Rica.

My mistake, thanks for catching. I was thinking of Antonee Robinson, who does play for Everton. Mathew Olusunde plays wingback for Manchester United, but I've never considered him any good.

I don't know any of our players, but give us the cup already la

>Ecuador vs USA
All of the tears will ruin their banana crop. Then we'll have to create a new government for them again.

>Zambia under-(((20)))

Not really
Our team has a lot of reserves and benchwarmers, so the only ones worth naming are

>Ascacibar
>Senesi
>Lautaro Martinez
>Ezequiel Ponce (he's already in europe but left Argentina too soon, imo)

we got this

>U20

Seems kinda stupid. U20 is a meme format in a lot of countries. In Europe it's the U21s that is the prominent youth team, U20s is just full of randoms. Do we really need all these fucking age groups

actually our 3 best players are the defenders:

Ascacibar
Senesi
Foyth

Lautaro Martínez is also decent.

Biggest problem is that the manager is a piece of shit who should've resigned after that embarrassing qualifier.

The u17 world cup will also be starting in a few months. My city will also host a few games and I might go check it out.
Any young messiesque player in your national team I should be aware of?

George Weah's son Timothy is the most obvious, he plays 2 years above his age group in PSG's academy

>first match time: 6am

It's zambia >u20 anyways. If our boys can't beat these niggers, they should come back home immediately.

What's really special about this tournament is that they will be using VAR.

Who /Vanuatu/ here?

This seems like an extremely random collection of countries la

>U20's

These are the kids that are too shit for the U21's, right?

We'll get to watch Korean Messi shit all over these scrubs.

where is brazil? :^)

>tfw we would have qualified had FIFA not decided to shit on our country one last time
FIFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Venezuela can reach semis. Watch this guy.

Is France gonna win this one?

You're embarrassing yourself

I see. It's the same with us. Our team is just mls reserve players plus a few prospects like Carter Vickers.

At the very least, it looks like the team will advance to the second round.

That's because Coitus changed the team, he took Waller out and put some shitters instead.

He put Waller against Arabia and we won again. He was trying teams against Korea just to make them think we're weak

> tfw these guys are your age, maybe younger about to rep their NT in a literal babby cup and you spent your weekend trying to survive division 1 and 2 on FIFA UT

So what are your countries best players anons?

Uruguay:
1-Federico Valverde
2-Rodrigo Amaral
3-Nicolas Schiappacasse
4-Facundo Waller
5-Rodrigo Bentancur
6-Joaquin Ardaiz/Nicolas De La Cruz

And I think we have others that can shine too like Marcelo Saracchi and Juan Manuel Boselli, our defense is not amazing but I think they're good, Rogel is better than Bueno last I checked but he went to barcelona so he could've improved in these past months. Mele is a good keeper

Venezuela is good you burger.

watch out for
>Barella
trequartista/central mid, made 27 apps for Cagliari in /seriea/ this season and turned out to be pretty good overall despite being a bit too flashy at times

>Dimarco
speedy leftback, top goalscorer for us in the last euro u19 championship with 4 goals, also played a bunch of games for Empoli in the league

>Orsolini
a sort of LCIM winger, recently bought by Juventus on a 4-year deal from Ascoli where he shone for mad skills on that right wing (39 apps and also 8 goals in Serie B this season)

U21 is not a thing.

>webm
damn that was great

I checked Barella and he seems pretty solid, young players that play in 1st division almost always shine in these kinds of competition, they're used to high level play

Yes it is? U20 is a South American thing, it's U21 where the best youth talents in Europe go. I don't think there is overlap with U20s and U21s in Europe which is why South Americans win this cup so easily most of the time

You do realize you're not the only ones losing older players right. By your retarded logic we would be a lot better if we had U21.

You played qualifiers with these players that will go to the world cup just like we played with our players.

Good bait friend. Here's your (You).

>random uruguayans defending Venezuela's U20
I saw the qualifiers, they're definitely one of, if not, the best, South American team, but the South Americans this time around are laughably bad compared to other years. That and I have little trust in them getting out of groups besides best 3rd because of Germany's and Mexico's consistency at these levels.

I still admit I made a mistake putting them with the other shitters, though. (no I'm not removing Ecuador they homebabbied hard and will get immediately exposed)

Yeah i'm worried about our group too, africans always ruin the cup

>but the South Americans this time around are laughably bad compared to other years.
No they're not, they just suffered playing in the altitude. You're just another buttmad casual because Brazil got stomped

Watch Soteldo be amazing in the world cup

Reza Shekari
Omid Noorafkan
Mohammad Soltani Mehr
Aref Gholami
Reza Jafari
Nima Mirzazad

>people still spouting the African "youth" meme when FIFA actually checks for that shit now

afaik it's Rúben Dias, Yuri Ribeiro, Florentino, Diogo Gonçalves, and José Gomes

He's not in there anymore dumbfuck

This Venezuela team is great senpai. You can't say that they aren't all that just because their opponents are shitty.

So, who's the goat player at this level now?

A couple of tournaments we had Pogbawinslol. I thought Pulisic or the Monaco players would take part. Who is the best one?

My money is on Peñaranda for Venezuela, that guy it's the best on his NT already.

Donnarumma, who is not in the tournament

El gordo Amaral

The only one baiting is your retarded ass in trying to convince anyone we're a posession based team because of a clip from two years ago in a friendly no one took seriously.

-Valverde was shit in Peñarol, I hope he get better in Real Madrid (a lot of people say that he improved a lot)
-Amaral did not play in official games since the south american cup and I do not believe in Fonseca magical training
-Schappacase is shit, I feel sorry for Atletico Madrid
-Waller is ok
- Bentancour meme player from Boca (Juventus). too many shot attempts form outside to my liking
-Ardaiz, is shit and literally a plancha (chad)
- De la cruz...another fucking Rolan

slayer of Big Macs, master of the Automac!

Please watch and root for us. We had a good ride last u20 world cup where we cucked Congolombia and took the eventual champions Serbia (who cucked Brazil) to penalties. Watch out for Carter Vickers, Palmer Brown and Lennon. Pls

You shouldn't talk about things you don't know

>Lautaro Martinez

He's not playing

Barco, but he is not on the national team because he refuse it to keep playing in his team (independiente)

There a couple of great players in France who are already playing in the first team of their clubs in ligue 1.