Now that the dust has settled, what's mu's consensus on these?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uLP8rFrL1W0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FMB is aoty, sketches and motu are both pretty gud

Microtonal

sketches is underrated honestly

In Your Mind Fuzz is the best King Gizzard album, and Nonagon Infinity is great as well. The rest of their albums are usually good. Everything they've released so far this year has been pretty decent, but forgettable. Rattlesnake and Open Water are pretty great songs though.

And the new video is cool.

Saw them live here in Portugal at the NOS Primavera Sound and had a blast. A completely chill group that knows how to shred tones like noone I've seen from recent years.

agreed. Dusk to Dawn on Lygon Street and You Can Be Your Silhouette are best tracks

1. FMB is one the most original release, and they tried to change their formula
2. MotU sounds like Nonagon Infinity B-sides
3. SoBE is a failed experiment to add the softer sound of their friends MHC: Skiptracing is way better than SoBE

youtube.com/watch?v=uLP8rFrL1W0
I'm still hyped for their 4th LP, I just hope it won't have too many fillers: it seems it'll be set in their gimmicky Nonagon metaverse again tho...

saw them live at the Webster gig with the Pitchfork livestream, honestly best show I've ever been to

where is the leak??

FMB is fantastic, their AOTY so far and makes me want a full-blown krautrock album from them

MOTU is a bit of a misstep, too much focus on the concept over the music, which isn’t that strong and the mixing is pretty poor

SOBE is probably their most ambitious album and is really underrated. Also their best produced by far, seriously more than anything the production blows me away. I hope Stu does the rest of their production from now on.

9, 7, 5

Where is the new album, Crumbling Castle came out a week ago

Stu is a fucking hack

I hated sketches at first, but i admit it grew on me. particularly spider and me.

Motu i enjoyed, dunno why people hate the spoken word so much, i don't mind it.

Banana has a lot of hits and misses for me

i would go with motu desu

Same with sketches, thought it was boring at first but there are a ton of highlights

FMB is goat tho

FMB > Sketches > MoTU

I appreciate the pun, OP.

Honestly imho Polygondwanaland is going to blow them all out of the water; but they're all solid albums that show Gizzard is getting to be a serious force in modern prog/psych.

It's 3AM Friday in Melbourne right now and Gizz likes to make big announcements on Friday. There's good money on another single and a preorder date today.

If you ask me, the album's done but Jason is going full 600-hours-of-autism over the cover art again and it's holding them up.

>Now that the dust has settled, you can see
>Three albums and a single in place of where the old world had been
>Prog was covered in dried, crusted mud
>And spoken word was dead in a pool of blood
>And the whistle of the rattlesnakes in your ear was so loud
>That your fanbase blew up like a mushroom cloud
>And as your eyes accommodate
>A band, like a bear, with >two drummers
>And as you violently shake over what you have seen
>You remember the tale of 2017

I THINK I SEE
AN ALTERED GIZZ
BY THE TREE

[woos in australian]

7/10
6/10
4/10

Crumbled Castle from the new album sounds pretty good thankfully.
But sadly this band is starting to become a quantity over quality kind of band

What’s Sup Forums opinion on Gizz? Haven’t really browsed much lately but I’d assume they’d be hated like Tame Impala for being a rock band that’s blowing up

DUDE
Memes aside I think that just through the sheer number of members they have that own very unique sound. Plus, they're going from great to good through sheer volume, just from playing and writing so much. Oh, and the B-movie tier aesthetic just fits them so well, from the lyrics to their messy garage feel.

People who listen to Kanye and Taylor Swift call it a normie band because Sup Forums is retarded

DUDE SICK RIFFS is a forced meme but people will post it whenever you mention them anyways

There's probably about as many die hard Lizards here as there are Rush fans, and there's decent overlap

A lot of people think they're going quantity over quality but imho that's a natural result of shifting over so many genres so quickly – if you like the progressive metal of Digital Black you're probably going to call Sketches shit and vice versa

As far as I can tell there's way more Gizz fans on Sup Forums than Tame Impala fans which is hilarious

pretty much this, also personally I think people on Sup Forums prefer gizz because they have more personality
No shade to Tame Impala either, I think they're both great acts

Also TI became much more of a mainstream tumblr band, etc. whereas Gizz is gaining popularity but their music isn’t really super accessible radio friendly in the way TI’s is

MOTU > Crumbling Castle > SoBE > FMB

daily reminder that the best tracks of SoBE have been written by Mild High Club...

DUDE

But Tezeta and The Book were solely written by Joey and Stu

SICK

sketches is vastly fucking underrated and might be my aoty

fuck the melon

>their music isn’t really super accessible radio friendly
>jizzfags believe this
try some gravitar, red rayola or brainticket cunt

RIFFS

I'M SO HIGH

BUUURRRRPPPP

I'M PICKLE RIFFS

Really liked FMB

MotU was terrible (In my opinion their worst, and I really liked Nonagon)

Sketches is really interesting but at times pretty half baked. But I liked it the most out of all they have released this year.

Learn to read, I’m not saying they’re making any super deep but hard rock and prog-lite aren’t very radio friendly in 2017 in the way that Tame Impala is

WUBBA DUBBA DUB DUB

just because it isn't on the radio doesn't mean it isn't accessible as fuck idiot. swing is very accessible as well, and it's not played on the radio. retard.

First two sucked.

Sketches was damn good, it surpassed my expectations. Has a bit of a Steely Dan vibe but with more psychedelic qualities. I'm glad that they got Mild High Club on board for this, I think it really paid off.

what are the crowds like at NOS in general? was considering coming to porto next year instead of barcelona.

I specifically said accessible for RADIO in my first post

If you’re not going to read why not just drop the pretense and call me retard over and over

most people don't care about radio these days, and radio's become more limited in scope, so basically according to you anything that's not taylor swift or katy perry is inaccessible. you're hopeless, but you probably don't even understand any of this.

Damn, I loved Tezetra, Spider and Me, and the Book best

You got me man

Sorry that I upset you

a different user but geez
tame impala is super radio-friendly and accessible compared to king gizz. it's not that deep.

FMB is amazing, MOTU was good but lacked, Altered Beast was really sick and then the album gradually went down in quality, Sketches is ok. Polygondwanaland should be dope

why not mention Billabong Valley? imo It's the best track they've done this year so far besides maybe Crumbling Castle. Pretty different and interesting from the other tracks on FMB

Sketches > Microtonal >>> Murder

loved sketches, people have already said it but yeah underrated

FMB = for patricians
MOTU = for normies
SOBE = for contrarians

SoBE is gonna be the new Quarters. It will gain a cult following. Quarters fans rise up

I’d say Sketches is more for normies, it’s sunny pop that’s their most accessible record after PMDB. MOTU is more for metalheads or the DUDE RIFFS LMAO crowd

FMB is a great album, solid tracks. MOTU was some new territory for the band and didn't work out super amazingly, though Chapter 3 of MOTU is stunning. Sketches may not be their magnum opus though I still enjoy all of the tracks and find the album very relaxing at times.