ITT: Musicians you have some degree of separation with

ITT: Musicians you have some degree of separation with

I like Big Black
Steve Albini was in Big Black

That can be said about any good album that has Steve Albini involved.

In high school, I dated the bassist from Muse's cousin.

Idk how well known she is here, but my cousin used to be friends with Princess Nokia.

She would call me cute from time to time. No female or rapper since has called me that

I'm friends with a guy who is friends with VanWyngarden from MGMT

My friend's sister's bf use to drum for Nothing

I'm friends with a guy who is friends with Post Malone.

Post Malone is friends with everyone

I had a friend who was friends with one of the guitarists for Free Pizza

My friends uncle is a producer and worked with Swans, Pavement and Phish. Got free tickets to see Phish as well, great show

I slept with a girl that is a close friend of Yung Lean.

My grandmother went to school with one of The Isley Brothers.

did you feel like a lonely cloud after?

I went to Boy Scout camp with a guy who lived next door to the singer/guitarist of The Offspring.

any homos try to touch you at the camp?

Lars, who worked as a video artist with Neon Indian and had a bunch of awesome bands of their own. now owns a video synth company. They talked to me a lot online and helped me work through some shit.

I play with Psychic Killers all the time and they recently opened for Alice Glass.

Dejan Samardzic, of Haujobb. Handles my releases on their label

My first show was with Vulgar Fashion (Handmade Birds).

Stefan and Aaron Gonzalez (Yells at Eels, Akkolyte, many more. Stefan was on tour with False & Thou recently.) are two of my biggest fans.

my grandfather frequently served coffee to the beatles before they were famous

My friend worked with Laetitia Sadier from Stereolab

Bryce Goggin?

My father is friends with Jorge Ben

my grandpa hung out with Johnny Cash in prision

lol yup. His sister is my best friends mom

I'm from nowhere

Carly Rae Jepsen

some very close friends were high school friends of Andy Shauf

im going to open for yaeji tomorrow and give her my demos

My friend's gf went to school with King Kruel

my mom knew madonna when they were kids

My wife's son's brother's stepfather's uncle's sister's nephew's wife's bull is MC Ride.

death grips

ratt

flavor flav

agent orange

oh i forgot fuckin nirvana

One of my dad's best friends was Bjorks manager

damn, did you ever hear any wierd stories about her?

My friends' old teacher used to live next door to Ariel Pink years ago, apparently he was a huge creep.

My friend's friend's math teacher was either Dan or Tim from Have a Nice Life, I forgot to ask which it was.

Peter Frampton used to date my mum

I went to high school with all the guys in Remo Drive, although they were ahead of me. I got to see a couple of their early shows and talked to Eric from time to time.

Name a deathrock band that isn't Japanese and i know them, friends have played shows with them, partied with them, fucked them, sold drugs to, bought drugs from, etc.

My ex used to party with boyd rice. And i have friends who opened for corey feldman (lol).

Mike Palm is a really cool guy.

my friend is close with the band the brave little abacus

Will Toledo downloaded some of my music, so we exchanged some e-mails. He performed with Jandek, my favorite artist, so in a way I'm only that far separated from the artist I like most.

Also, a teacher of mine was a student of Pauline Oliveros

alien sex fiend?

claim his boipusse

my dad was in the local music scene when he was younger
apparently he met pere ubu in 77 or 78 which i thought was pretty cool

I'm pretty sure my dad was acquainted with Jeff Mangum's father or uncle

He also went to college with Terry Bradshaw and the Duck Dynasty guy but he didn't know either personally

I went to the same primary school as Flume.
I was in the same class as his sister.
I made passport photos for him at my work.
I asked him irl if he really does post on Sup Forums.
He looked at me weirdly and said he used to go on this site back in the day.

Everyone I know claims to either know Vinnie Paz or one of the guys from Dr. Dog personally. I think most of them are lying.

My friend's friend's brother lives with Portugal the Man.

My old bands manager was John frusciantes dealers girlfriend

I've played shows with just about every big name in the electronic music scene

I know he's not a musician but I go to school with Bill Murray's son

i got drunk and danced with keyboardist/trumpet player for the front bottoms once
also i smoked weed with tyler childers after a show one time

no one will ever believe you

my dad was a cool punk in college, ran the school radio station. went out to dinner with some bands like t rex, r.e.m. after seeing them at shows

my friend's sister's sorority sister is the subject of harry style's song 'carolina'

not all that Sup Forums but rupaul was into my dad around the same time lol

My ex flew out & stayed with Ariel Pink for a few days then stayed with a guy named Berry who is Lana Del Rey's ex fiance and wrote most of one of her albums

Ariel is like addicted to meth, has a small dick & is really creepy & lives in a complete shithole of an apartment
one of the stories she told me is them all sitting around doing drugs talking tons of shit about father john misty lol

Berry is a depressed alcoholic that also lives in a shithole of an apartment

I had a friend who was in ballet who had classes with Madonna's daughter

Kool Herc
Master Rob
Cannibal Ox
Planet Asia
Coke La Roc
Fab 5 Freddy (not sure if that counts)

Thats it i thinks

my dad went to school with some of the members of britpop group suede

Dad once played with Lynard Skynard and was good friends with him, now own a buckle of his that's on an old leather boot. Turns out my dad played with a good few famous rock musicians from back in his professional drumming days.

if you're aligned to the West or North, why make music for the East? It's fucking retarded.

my buddies did coke with frank ocean in pasadena.

I have a co-worker who went to high school with Taylor Swift

My ex fuck buddie's roommate went to high school with Kesha

My brother was in the same prison as Gucci Mane and apparently was pretty friendly with him

I have a signed shirt and picture with the Mentors

My friend's ex's mom was a drummer for the butthole surfers

Andy Morin DMed me on twitter to tell me to stop impersonating his band and making fake ARGs (in 2013 or so)

Sad thread, I really regret reading all the way through

Why?

I grew up a couple miles from where Jackson C. Frank was injured in his school's explosion

Mym mom used to be next door neighbors with Mark Bryan.

screenie

I am 2 degrees away from Annie Clark. I worked with a guy installing art at galleries/museums in Dallas who was friends with her while they worked at the big Half Price Book flagship store during high school.

They were good friends, from what he said. They hung out after work and stuff. Now, I'm not gay, but the dude is probably one of the most attractive guys I've ever seen. Looks a lot like Adam Levine. From the conversations I've had with him, before he got married, he never had a problem getting a date and essentially had his pick of girls.

The problem was that he really wanted to date Annie. He said that he had it really bad for her. Of course, she wasn't interested, and it destroyed his confidence for a long time that she didn't want to date him.

Anyway, after she left HPB, they fell out of touch. It wasn't until she hit it big as St. Vincent that he realized that she wasn't into men, and that the reason she didn't want to date him back then had nothing to do with him.

I have absolutely no problem believing that about Ariel. Apparently when he was writing his early material, he was living for free in a mission and smoking weed/doing drugs all the time. There's been more than a few people that have complained about getting harassed as concerts by him. FJM seems like the kind of person Ariel would hate.

Despite this, he's still my favorite musician. I got my picture with him after a concert a couple years ago. He asked if I was high (I was), and he seemed proud that I smoked a joint in the venue right before he came on stage.

I went to a Boris concert and Wata was like five feet away from me so

I went to school with sd Laika

Super chill guy, really nice. Shy, but in that way that still makes you popular with the "in" kids.

My buddy smoked a joint with Patrick Carney from The Black Keys after a concert like 8 years ago

Philip Glass composed my parents' wedding song

If only you had asked him if he was ever going to release another album after That's Harakiri

>Jandek, my favorite artist
I am immediately uninterested in anything else you have to say

When in the fucking goddamn world did Will ever play with Jandek

And I knew someone that went to high school with Will who said good things about the guy, Will went to VCU too iirc which is where I am now

Glad my litmus test works

I don't know much about it, there's a video, but I don't think it's been released as an album at all