How big is Kanye? I went to his Youtube page...

How big is Kanye? I went to his Youtube page, and I was shocked that a lot of his vids only have a few tens of millions of views, with only a few being really that high.

Youtube highest view comparison:

>Kanye West: 464 million
>Eminem: 1.4 billion
>MJ: 354 million
>Katy Perry: 2.3 billion

MJ's songs are 30 years old, and Kanye can only get 10 million more than that? Kanye's supposed to be a top tier super star. Eminem's got way more than he does. Yet all the media does is talk on and on about Kanye, more than anyone else. What that tells me is that Kanye is only a moderately successful artist, and more people like gossiping about him than listen to his music anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C6RsAidpHK8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>464 million views
>Media Icon
>only a moderately successful artist

they just dont appreciate Kanye the way we do

youtube.com/watch?v=C6RsAidpHK8

Media hypes up Kanye like the Super Star. But tons of artists and other rappers are way bigger. In terms of popularity, he's mid-high tier at best.

Beyonce got 600 million as well. Pretty much every other pop star I look at got bigger views than Kanye.

>Wiz Khalifa- 3.5 billion

Kanye's peak was before YouTube blew up. YouTube views mean jack shit.

Kanye is popular but he's more appreciated as an album artist than a singles artist.

this

His most popular songs were released and popular before music videos were on youtube.

>How big is Kanye?
noticeably big i'd say

Oh shit, my numbers are even worse.

464 million was a Katy perry Featuring Kanye. Kaney alone is 262 million.

Two words: Michael Jackson. His popularity was at its peak in the 80's to early 90's. Still has hundreds of millions of Youtube views and MORE than Kanye.

A-AH-AH YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS
BLACKANDYELLOWBLACKANDYELLOWBLACKANDYELLOWBLACKANDYELLOWBLACKANDYELLOWBLACKANDYELLOWBLACKANDYELLOWBLACKANDYELLOWBLACKANDYELLOWBLACKANDYELLOWBLACKANDYELLOWBLACKANDYELLOWBLACKANDYELLOWBLACKANDYELLOWBLACKANDYELLOWBLACKANDYELLOWBLACKANDYELLOW

Jackson was more of a world icon than Kanye and was doing music for decades, you can't compare the two.

Stronger has almost 330 million plays on spotify. That's really strange considering that spotify came out after stronger was popular. And i remember that that song had like 250 million plays just a few months ago.

>Michael Jackson died

His Youtube channel didn't even exist until 808s came out, so when you couldn't go anywhere in the world without hearing Gold Digger on the radio, or Stronger, etc. these weren't counting towards those numbers (at least on his official Vevo)
Combine that with the fact that most of his recent songs (Wolves, Famous, Runaway) all have long skits or interruptions in the videos, meaning the youtube videos won't get played at parties or by people who listen on youtube in general.

So basically this.

Lol this, MJ was always popular but his views definitely exploded post-death. Prince and Bowie probably would reveal similar results.

I’d honestly say that most people still don’t listen to kanye besides tlop and maybe some yeezus. Youtube music videos didn’t become the billion view hub that it is today until after mbdtf was released. Anyways, he has a prescence in music culture obviously and yt views can’t discount that

>I’d honestly say that most people still don’t listen to kanye besides tlop and maybe some yeezus
What? Look at all of his album sales, Kanye was undeniably much bigger before

Influence is bigger than commercial success but that's why Ye is a god

In 2017 most people aren’t listening to the college dropout

give it a couple years

Probably not true.

ITT: why aren't other suburban white teens obessesed over a talentless hack like I am?!?

dead fucking eyes

/thread

>How big is Kanye?
What, you wanna suck his dick or something, you gay user? Huh? Huh? HUUUUH????

YouTube will be switched off eventually, it makes no real difference

>a nigga dead

YouTube views really don't mean shit. IIRC Wiz Khalifa has a song that cracked 1B and I don't even think he could headline an arena. The Despcacio guy has billions of views and he's probably on his way to becoming a literally who like Psy.