EXMILITARY vs Flower Boy

Which is the better album?

Extremely different, but I'd go with Flower Boy. I like Exmilitary, but it is not one of my favorite DG releases, wherever Flower Boy is Tyler's best album - great themes and consistency.

Flower boy was way overhyped n pretty forgettable tbqh. Exmilitary songs pop into my head pretty frequently

Flower Boy is your generic average rap album. Exmilitary is a fucking experience.

Flower Boy doesn't sound like a generic average rap album at all. Exmilitary is pretty weak when it comes to production, lyrics and it lacks any kind of variety or personality unlike Tyler's.

MC Ride raps about the same shit in every song and his delivery is always the same, and his voice always sounds the same. Maybe edgelords like that, but it's objectively redundant and repetitive.

Tyler's songs, even though they won't appeal as much to the contrarian hipsters on Sup Forums at least are less pretentious and actually are genuinely fun to listen to. MC Ride is the same fucking character in every album and Death Grips instrumentals let's be honest, are very bland despite how obnoxious they are. (There are rare exceptions like Spikes, Guillotine and I've Seen Footage) but most of the time Death Grips is just edgy for the sake of being edgy with no real variety anywhere. It just kinda becomes stale.

>Exmilitary is pretty weak when it comes to production, lyrics and it lacks any kind of variety or personality unlike Tyler's.
>MC Ride raps about the same shit in every song and his delivery is always the same, and his voice always sounds the same.
>Death Grips instrumentals let's be honest, are very bland despite how obnoxious
Imagine being this wrong holy shit

Its funny because the songs you put as exceptions are some of their most accessible songs. Just shows how little you have listened to their music.

>Imagine being this wrong holy shit

I love how you can't even come up with any actual arguments. Typical edgelord fantano dickrider who worships everything Death Grips puts out just to fit in.

I hate Odd Future and all of Tyler's other albums, I just find Flowerboy a lot better than Exmilitary sonically and lyrically. The songs on it are varied, nicely produced, catchy, and don't depend on edge except maybe for Who Dat Boy. MC Ride portrays the same redundant character with the same voice about the same shit in every song and every album. I'm gonna get a lot shit for saying this but fuck it.

I've seen footage and guillotine are literally entry level death grips songs, I feel like you haven't into them and are acting like it's edgy to justify not getting it

I'll go with Exmillitary

Not really comparable but if I had to pick one it's Exmilitary for sure.

Flower boy is ok but every song has almost the same chords

Garden Shed's instrumental alone shits on the entirety of Death Grips discography

Listen to ON GP and hacker and tell me the cadence is remotely similar. I don't even watch fantano, started listening to death grips through a friend's reccomendation, and I enjoy the music. It's okay that you don't get it but you're just making yourself look bad

Leave this board and never come back you fucking pleb

This is a reddit fucking question.

I love both of them, but I think Ex-Military just takes it.

Not even comparable you stupid cunt.

This question is autistic as hell but at the end of day Exmilitary is more likely to be remembered than Flower Boy unless you’re someone who is “aesthetic”

I'll come up with some arguments for him:

Firstly, saying that all of Death Grips' instrumentals sound the same is simply dishonest. I would posit that there is as much (if not more) sonic variety in Death Grips discography than in Hip-Hop in its entirety.

Ride isn't a generic MC either: in fact, he exhibits superlative emotional and dynamic range--from the characters he portrays to his flows and tone--all while expressing the animalistic furor that makes Death Grips projects so engaging. Would you really argue that the characters and subject matter presented in On GP, Bottomless Pit, and Get Got (not that you know any of these songs; just making a point) are homogenous?

If anything, rather than Death Grips being a sub-par, hipster band, with all of us caught up in the hype, I have to imagine--particularly because of your characterization of the band's instrumentals as "obnoxious"--that you listened to a couple of the bands songs (or perhaps just the album in question), and it didn't click, convincing you that the band was meritless and derivative. Even though he isn't making a legitimate counter-argument or rebutting any of your "points", it doesn't really matter. Your opinions seem to be derived from a place of ignorance; and subsequently, your arguments are just about as efficacious as his response.

why compare two albums from different genres
and if id pick exmilitary of course

what is this stupid fucking thread you retard

this

>wherever Flower Boy is
tell me where is Flower Boy?
Fuck this board and it's posters; illiterate, mentally delayed fuck-ups and underages.

Guys you can compare two separate genres chill the fuck out

it's all about which you like more

stfu

yeah, but what's the point?

Must be pretty scary with songs infiltrating your thoughts like that

Exmilitary hands down.

>Exmilitary, HANDS UP!

SAC
TOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWNNNNN