Which is the superior Beatles album?

Which is the superior Beatles album?

Other urls found in this thread:

scaruffi.com/vol1/beatles.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

soul

white album

Neither.
That's like asking which Grateful Dead album is better, Workingman's Dead or American Beauty.

These albums are meant to be thought of as book ends.

Swap Yellow Submarine for Paperback Writer, and Revolver becomes the greatest Beatles album.

Revolver but the best Beatles album is
Magical Mystery Tour

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats not Abbey Road

Crazy

you mean Rain, right? I'm going to pretend you meant Rain.

What's the easiest way to get Rain? It's not on an album, but can I find it on an EP or something?

Past Masters has most of their singles, I believe.

Actually put both of those songs on Revolver, and delete For No One, and you've got a perfect 10/10. (And by all means KEEP Yellow Submarine!)

Rain is the b-side of the Paperback Writer single, but it also appears on the "Hey Jude" album (Originally titled The Beatles Again) and is on Past Masters.

According to Brian Wilson, Rubber Soul is the greatest album of all time.

For No One is one of the strongest songs on the album, user

I think you meant to say that it's the worst song on Revolver.

Since we're already talking about the Beatles, are there any songs where Ringo plays well?

Most of them. Rain is a pretty big case, so is She Said She Said, but my personal favorite is You Never Give Me Your Money.

Depends, US or UK pressing of Rubber Soul?

What are the differences?

They're practically different albums. I've always preferred the exclsuive songs on the US pressing but it gyps you by being like 7 mins shorter overall

I sort of felt the same way about Revolver, but on a brighter note Yesterday and Today was released before Revolver in the U.S. so U.S. Beatles fans got to hear I'm Only Sleeping, Dr. Robert, and And Your Bird Can Sing before the British fans could.

gonna need a source!

scaruffi.com/vol1/beatles.html