Record label drops you immediately because of one accusation from almost a decade ago

>Record label drops you immediately because of one accusation from almost a decade ago
>Your former bandmates, once of which is Mac DeMarco, says nothing and doesn't even care
>Your album which was planned to come out in just a few days gets memory holed forever

Press F

maybe you shouldn't be a sexual harasser then, just a thought.

good music > hurt feelings

>dealing with sexual assault
>hurt feelings
Wow you are a privileged individual. If you ever face any kind of sexual harassment you'll know that it goes beyond hurt feelings.

wah some dude touched my tit in 2008

get over it

Anyone else find this fucking scary? I've had a small amount of success in music, and thinking that if I wanted to pursue it as a career everything could be completely finished with one allegation is absolutely chilling. Anyone could just make anything up.

It's really disappointing that they didn't just let him release his new album by himself. It's extremely scummy considering the incident was when he was 18. People do extremely stupid things at 18, myself included

Yeah I mean I raped a girl when I was 18 hope it never comes to light.

>Anyone else find this fucking scary?
Welcome to the great sex scare. It's been here forever, just not in music
>t. man working in education and banned from being alone in a classroom with any student after demands from parents who were afraid the male teachers would all be rapists waiting to strike while stories of female teachers raping their students and getting away with a legal slap on the wrist are a monthly thing

>good music
Lol

He should go the Death Grips Route and just leak it and start a shitstorm.

JUST

okay whatever, good music > "hurt feelings"?
if he wasnt a dumb piece of shit and didnt harass some one then his "good music" would have had more views, especially by the tumblr crowd type who would have liked it. blame him for being a dumb piece of shit and now people dont want anything to do with him. he ruined his own career.

Go listen to Trout Mask Replica faggot

He didn't rape her

yeah wtf is that about? do these women get put on a list or what?

>in the UK, forced envelopment is not legally considered rape
>it is impossible for a woman to rape unless penetrating the victim with an object
>forced envelopment is at worst a form of sexual assault which is sentences far less harshly depending on the leniency of the judge
>in some cases, the rapists get pregnents from their victims and can get them to fucking pay child support

maybe literally any proof at all should be presented

>questionning the victim
WHY DO YOU HATE WOMEN?
Don't you know, we're supposed to listen and believe.

That's the thing. From what I know, Alex Calder didn't rape anybody, it was some argument that happened while drunk where he did something inappropriate sexually. He shouldn't have his life and music career ruined over that considering people like XXXTentacion are still around and popular

Yeah that XXXTentacion shit is too fucked up. My man was abusing his gf with BBQ tools

Do you know the full story with Alex Calder? I just presumed it was a classic case of two drunk teenagers, one drunker than the other, having sex and then one regretting it

>go listen to overrated dadrock
Go suck off Scaruffi plebbit shitter

didn't mac demarco jack off in front of a teenage girl or something
how come he never got shit

I wonder why that could be... what could possibly be the difference between the two... hmmm...
[spoiler]ONE IS WHITE AND THE OTHER IS BLACK[/spoiler]

From what I got, they had a big argument and Alex maybe groped her or did something sexual like that. I haven't seen anybody officially say it was rape. For his record label to completely drop him and abandon his album release over that is ridiculous. The only reason why Captured Tracks can do that is because Alex Calder isn't a big moneymaker. If the shit about Mac DeMarco made headlines finally they wouldn't get rid of him nearly as quickly

Just wait till people can make anonymous claims about whatever they want.

Fucking stupid, burden of proof exists for a reason, and it's for protecting what can only be proven to be true.

Exactly. All these black rappers who sexually assault women at live shows all the time never get any shit for it while an accusation from 2008 gets a white artist's career ruined forever. It's bullshit

That's what I was talking about. He didn't do the jacking off but recorded somebody doing that in front of teenagers at a party. It's pretty much an open secret. The only reason why it probably hasn't got a lot of mainstream attention is because Mac is really popular while Alex was more niche. Mac's fanbase is rabid

I'm saying this as somebody who likes Mac a lot too. If Alex has to have his career ruined because of this, Mac should have to talk about the weird shit he's done too. It's not fair

then don't rape or assault other people, is pretty easy.

People never make mistakes. They should all be perfect at 18 years old

>false accusations don't happen
When you don't have to prove much and have basically everyone on your side, it can be tempting.
also
>it is now legally possible to essentially retract given consent and thus retroactively consider an act that was not opposed to be rape or assault

dude mac brings in MONEY for captured tracks
alex doesn't. from what i heard they were going to drop him after this release anyway

THEY MAKE MONEY FOR THEIR LABELS U DUMB HICK
UR FAV WHITE ARTIST DOESN'T

MAKING MONEY MEANS YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO RAPE

I said that. It's scummy and hypocritical but I understand it from a business viewpoint

NO IT MEANS THAT YOU'RE NOT GOING TO HEAR ABOUT THIS SHIT IF THE LABEL CAN PROTECT U AND PAY THE GIRLS OFF
IF ALEX GAVE THE CHICK A COUPLE GRAND HE WOULD BE FINE

IT'S ALMOST LIKE THESE WOMEN ARE DOING THIS FOR MONEY REASONS

PAY THE FEE OR SAY GOODBYE TO UR CAREER