You have 10 seconds to prove 2017 wasn't the worst year for music in recent history

You have 10 seconds to prove 2017 wasn't the worst year for music in recent history.

Brian Eno and Kevin Shields just collaborated.

because you've had an extra year to listen to your favorite pre-2017 albums

>10s almost over
>still feel like 2006 only happened yesterday
>new music sucks

Damn... is this what getting old feels like?

Brand New - Science Fiction

>gord downie
>tom petty
>brian wilson
We lost some serious dead weight this year

>Damn... is this what getting old feels like?
How old are you?

29 in a couple of months

A Crow Looked at Me

You're not that old at all

>GAS - Narkopop
>Street Sects - Rat Jacket
>dat new Iglooghost
>new The Body/Full of Hell collab
ya messing up sonnn

I remember 2014 being pretty bad. For some reason every person in every genre decided to go fishing or something

There were tons of good albums that year you dummy

wrong, that's very old. I'm 22 and feel like I'm passing my prime as we speak

yeah this was a rather good year actually

2011 was so shit you even forget about it when trying to think about shitty years

Trust me, you are young and stupid. Wait till you are actually in your late 30s

The quality difference from 90s - 00s - 10s does show a sharp dropoff.

I blame the internet. Actually the world turning to shit coincided with the internet and smartphones

What can I expect for my 30s?

1909 and all years prior when music didn't exist yet

Both Brockhampton albums.

Nah

you are a kid

I was sitting back and thinking about what defines the 2000's and the 2010's and i would say the 2000's while sucking were superior because i prefer the world with rock music and anime and not rap and kpop.

The teens is also when everyone went mentally ill and started identifying as an attack helicopter which led to a wave of reaction that trump surfed to the white house.

So im trying to think what defines this decade before it closed out: undercuts, EDM, vaping, electronic currency, hipster clothes, sjw's, being offended at everything all the time, hyper identity politics, alt right, occupy wall street, people who have grown up with the internet all thier lives, social media, soundcloud rap, super hero movies, syrian war, wikileaks, snowden, populism, silicon vally, bank bail out, kpop, podcasts, vaporwave, witchhouse, seapunk, chillwave, rick and morty, cuck, MMA, gamergate,

And i think its safe to conclude that culture just keeps degrading with every decade.
At least the 2000's had the chappelle show

same

2017 is good but i noticed that almost none of my AOTYs are big names or even people that I knew about last year except for RTJ and Ariel Pink

Franz Ferdinand released their new single like yesterday.

I unironically prefer the 00s over the 90s

hello Sup Forums good night

That's because my album hasn't even dropped on bandcamp yet peep that shit when it comes out

8/10

The 2000's can be divided into two cultural halves.

emo kid with swoopy hair, tight jeans, a hoody, mascara, myspace, and an invader zim t from hot topic watching donnie darko or some shit. online handle is : XXXxxxblackparadebonerhitler420xxxXXXX

Upper middle class hipster wearing a trucker hat, flannel, beard, being ironic and listening to the most obscure music on the planet, also the music marketed to him as obscure, like animal collective.

The teens was like bad dubstep and trap music and like stupid haircuts and being offended at everything. The ending was great though. When trump won it was magnificent. I thought this movie was going to suck. It wins the oscar.

brockhampton is shit

not memeing, I genuinely dislike both of them. They're just so bland and uninteresting, and I honestly can't see why they're so acclaimed. If that's the best 2017 has to offer, than perhaps it really is the worst year in recent music history.

Kek

I hopefully won't still be posting here

>recent years

Check the front page

The new beck album is a pop masterpiece I felt

how

you're not making any point

Bowie died at start of 2016. Its end of 2017 already. I DONT REMEMBER 2017. wtf

I unironically feel the same way but no one else around me does

ah-bloo-bloo

1909 is recent in the long run (though desu I misread OP's post as "recorded history")

hmmm you were saying

this

>WAHHHH ANYONE THAT ISN'T LEFT-LEANING IS PAAWWWLLL
I still think that you faggots are worse then the actual redditors that flocked to Sup Forums during the election. You fuckers cannot control yourselves when a post insults your shitty music or fashion. Hell, he's even saying that the alt-right is one of the things that made this decade shit.

>Album full of we "We wuz strugglin" or some shitty social commentary over issues that are either blown out of proportion or haven't been relevant in years.

this but only because i spent my life so far shitposting on Sup Forums because autism

This, pic related and the new Wolf Alice album

Brockhampton, King Gizz Flower Boy, Crow Looked At Me

Anyone who likes brockhampton and street sects is a bandwagoning faggot

>I’ve spent 6/22 years on Sup Forums
This is probably why I’m such a warped and antisocial person

Who cares about years, music is always shit

True patrician taste, birds chirping is the only half decent thing out there.

literally the most pleb nature sound there is

>this and ooz 2017
I know people will shit on it anyway, But it’s still good stuff

My problem with this analysis is that this isn't really what normie culture was like at all. Yeah we know all this stuff happened but we're all social outcasts on a Mongolian underwater welding forum. Normies don't even know what half of that shit is.

4:44

2013 was the best year for rap in recent memory

>Doris
>Wolf
>Yeezus
>Old
>Acid Rap
>Indigoism
>Tape Two
>Watching Movies With The Sound Off
>Summer Knights
>LONG.LIVE.A$AP